Red Sox Fans at The Sagamore on Lake George

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

Red Sox Fans at The Sagamore on Lake George

I just spent a few days at the Sagamore and was surprised to find that the Yankee fan/Sox fan ratio was 1:1.  I guess I was a lot further north than I realized and Red Sox nation does spill into NY.  If you have never been to this resort, you should go once.  It is beautiful!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RonSwanson. Show RonSwanson's posts

Re: Red Sox Fans at The Sagamore on Lake George

I live in a town near the the Sagamore, and the region is indeed very evenly divided. I'd say the Sox and Yanks each have about 49% of the fan base. The other 2% can usually be spotted trying to drown themselves in their beer. Common sense would dictate that these are the Mets' fans.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

In Response to Re: Red Sox Fans at The Sagamore on Lake George:
    [QUOTE]I live in a town near the the Sagamore, and the region is indeed very evenly divided. I'd say the Sox and Yanks each have about 49% of the fan base. The other 2% can usually be spotted trying to drown themselves in their beer. Common sense would dictate that these are the Mets' fans.
    Posted by RonSwanson[/QUOTE]

LOL!  The place is really nice although I would NEVER pay what they ask on my own.  Work was paying so I was glad to go.  It is an impressive place when viewed from the lake.  The fireworks show was nice from there also.  Ron, you live in a nice neck of the woods.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from the_yazzer. Show the_yazzer's posts

hey jim,

did you happen to take a taxi to get there?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SouthSt. Show SouthSt's posts

it seems once you get about 100 miles north of the city, the Sox (and Patriots) start to gain good attention . . . think about it, once you get near Albany, driving over to Fenway is about the same at heading to the Bronx

as for the 'Lady on the Lake', The Sagamore is a beautiful place . . . many family vacations there and very close to buying a condo there in '05, but opted for a house on Cape Ann . . . while a little bit of a hoof, leaving the lake for a day trip down to Saratoga is well worth it once the racing season begins later this month

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rockyracoon. Show rockyracoon's posts

One of the Sox minority owners has a place on Lake George. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

My immediate family all live around Albany. I grew up there and visit from time to time. Sox used to be on tv growing up. Was it WQBK Boston er ... someting like that. Announcer had a REAL DEEP VOICE when he said the call letters. Expos used to be 3 hours away too, without the need for a passport (... 'cause ya know...  damn Canadian terrorist).Wink

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]it seems once you get about 100 miles north of the city, the Sox (and Patriots) start to gain good attention . . . think about it, once you get near Albany, driving over to Fenway is about the same at heading to the Bronx as for the 'Lady on the Lake', The Sagamore is a beautiful place . . . many family vacations there and very close to buying a condo there in '05, but opted for a house on Cape Ann . . . while a little bit of a hoof, leaving the lake for a day trip down to Saratoga is well worth it once the racing season begins later this month
    Posted by SouthSt[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Racing season in Saratoga would have made it a perfect visit.  BTW, My kids asked but I could not bring myself to play croquet on the front lawn of the resort!  And, I saw no Sox games while there...which was a drag.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RonSwanson. Show RonSwanson's posts

Yeah, Jim, you're absolutely right about their prices. I don't stay at the Sagamore (outside the price range of a broke grad school student), I just leave near the lake, which is beautiful. That's awesome that you got to stay there on the company dime though. And yes, as mentioned above, a minority owner of the Sox does have a house right on the lake. It's very visible from the water, and it's huge (surprise, surprise).

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]Yeah, Jim, you're absolutely right about their prices. I don't stay at the Sagamore (outside the price range of a broke grad school student), I just leave near the lake, which is beautiful. That's awesome that you got to stay there on the company dime though. And yes, as mentioned above, a minority owner of the Sox does have a house right on the lake. It's very visible from the water, and it's huge (surprise, surprise).
    Posted by RonSwanson[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it was $350/night plus a $10/night resort fee per person.  There was alot of money floating around there the last couple of days...an emergency medicine conference was at the resort.  It was cool to hang out but I don't want my kids getting too used to how the other half lives!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from peanutandme. Show peanutandme's posts

I live in the Glens falls/Lake George area,  and it is beautiful,espically in the summer. 
    Yes their are alot of Sox fans north of Albany[I tell people that I am one of the smart New Yorkers]
    The partial owner of the Sox that lives on Lake George is Phil Morse[his wife Sue was a classmate of mine] I believe Phil is a native from Mass. They are very nice people and bought and donated several sports fields to the local high school.

And yes the Sagamore is quite expensive to stay their, but if you have the money is quite enjoyable. Certainly a great view of Lake George, and They have their own golf course.
    But of course the area is known for being the home of 'JIMMER'

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]I live in the Glens falls/Lake George area,  and it is beautiful,espically in the summer.  Yes their are alot of Sox fans north of Albany[I tell people that I am one of the smart New Yorkers] The partial owner of the Sox that lives on Lake George is Phil Morse[his wife Sue was a classmate of mine] I believe Phil is a native from Mass. They are very nice people and bought and donated several sports fields to the local high school. And yes the Sagamore is quite expensive to stay their, but if you have the money is quite enjoyable. Certainly a great view of Lake George, and They have their own golf course. But of course the area is known for being the home of 'JIMMER'  
    Posted by peanutandme[/QUOTE]

Peanut, the locals hipped me to a good alternate place to catch the fireworks.  I was less stuffy than at the Sagamore and alot of fun.  I will not reveal!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from peanutandme. Show peanutandme's posts

To jimdavis yes their are a few places to go and enjoy fireworks.
    If you are ever in the  area again you should go to Glens Falls and go to The New Way Lunch for a great hot dog. Also a great place in Glens Falls for  Breakfast or lunch is a place called 'Poopies' bUT REMEMBER IT IS ONLY OPENED UNTIL 2pm.
    Hope you enjoyed your stay in the area and it was to bad Saratoga was not yet opened for Throughbred racing.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m