Red Sox fire conditioning coach

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Re: Red Sox fire conditioning coach

In Response to Re: Red Sox fire conditioning coach:
    [QUOTE]Utica, i agree
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

DC, I agree somewhat but every employer has a manager and his primary job is to keep everything running as smoothly as possible even if it means with an iron fist.

Whether Tito told someone about it and it wasn't addressed, still ends up being Tito's responsibility for being weak on discipline as a manager.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

Call it what you want, this is how the industry works. Too darn hard to just make wholesale roster changes and the support mechanisms around the players are going to be changed in a situation like this.

I will be curious to see what comes down with the medical team, which has quite a bumpy track record itself with some pretty high profile missed diagnosis from Clement, Mueller, Ellsbury and some questionable reads during contract negotiations with Schilling (08), Lackey (10), Bay (10) and Martin (11).

Beyond that it would be surprising if all the players have unshakable confidence in the staff at this point.

Some how I think the business arrangements between Henry and Gill's group won't make that happen.

I just don't think when you add up the events of the last two years that you don't make changes in leadership and their support teams.

The answer certainly wasn't trading Lackey and their three best pitchers (Beckett, Lester, Buch).

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

[QUOTE]KFC stock just took a dive...
    Posted by beavis[/QUOTE]

actually beavis, it was popeye's chicken they were chowing down on. either or, that stuff is the worst crap an athlete or anyone for that matter due to it's very high fat content. also if that wasn't bad enough, if you saw how kfc treats their chickens you'd want to throw up in your own mouth.

but back on the topic. they need to hire conditioning people that have worn a smokey the bear hat...like the di's down at parris island or that patrol the highways in our beloved massachusetts. that's right! they need guys that are gonna get these guys in tip top shape and have them that way for the long haul.
    that flabby gut on beckett made me sick. agreed?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Fired conditioning coach Dave Page responded on WEEI radio that four Red Sox players -- one position player, one starter and two relievers -- fell off the conditioning program last season:

http://www.weei.com/teams/red-sox/home

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

posted at 11/4/2011 1:17 PM EST
    First: 1/14/2006
    Last: 11/4/2011

as the big "O" would say, your making my point. an 80K guy is gonna have a hard time getting a 15million buck primadona to go break a sweat.
    Fired conditioning coach Dave Page responded on WEEI radio that four Red Sox players -- one position player, one starter and two relievers -- fell off the conditioning program last season:

http://www.weei.com/teams/red-sox/home

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goofywocky. Show Goofywocky's posts

The position "conditioning coach" for the red sox was an oxymoron, unless referring to the style Beckett, Lackey, Lester, Bucholtz used when hoisting their bud lights

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

last year's conditioning coach: spuds mckenzie!

at season's end the sox are struggling vs. the orioles to make the playoffs. dont wanna hear the "if paps saves the game" c r a p.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Duh. Who didn't see that coming? How many more years of injuries were the Red Sox willing to go through? I know the fans have probably had enough, I have.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

[QUOTE]For two straight years the Sox have been kept from the playoffs and possibly a WS by the sheer volume of injuries to key players toward the end of the year.  It is time to make a change and this is a start...but they need to take it another step further by changing the medical team too. 
    Posted by traven[/QUOTE]

Come on man, it is a team over-laden with all stars who should be able to overcome some injuries and still win. St. Louis did not have Adam Wainright all year, did you see them miss the play-offs? 

Most teams would love our roster, most teams including play-off teams do not have nearly the same depth as us.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

The injury to Bucholz had nothing to do with conditioning. The foul balls hit off the feet of Youk, Tek, and Pedroia were fluke injuries in 2010. The hernia to Cameron happened during the off season and may have been caused by lifting something too heavy. Beltre was responsible for putting two outfielders on the DL. Drew had a lifetime history of nagging injuries. Lackey and Dice-K required Tommy John surgery. Jerry Remy fell off of his mechanical bull. Don Orsillo sprained his knee getting out of his paddle boat. Jenks fell off a counter stool at KFC.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

and the starting pitchers looked like Goodyear Blimps and 1/2 of our team wouldnt even bother to run out a ground ball.....keep up the good work Pike - more nonsense and bootlicking