1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

Re: Red Sox fire pitching coach Bob McClure -Reaction?

Purge.....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

It was either fire the pitching coach, or LL would have to admit he was wrong on BV.  The good part is that, if LL keeps BV, LL will get fired next year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

If you can BV then you'll need to get rid of the players who quit on him like Pedroia and Bucket. If you just can BV then the rats in the dressing room win and fans lose.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

McClure is not the total problem, but he should have been let go much earlier.

For whatever reason, he was not reaching the pitching staff in a positive way.

I would have fired him in June and then if the new guy had not made significant progress I would have fired Valentine on July 1st.

Too late now to make a difference this year whether you fire the pitching coach or even Valentine.  But, Valentine needs to go on October 4th if only becuase his mouth is still hurting the team.  He might be the first manager to mouth his way out of a job.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In Response to Re: Red Sox fire pitching coach Bob McClure -Reaction?:
    [QUOTE]If you can BV then you'll need to get rid of the players who quit on him like Pedroia and Bucket. If you just can BV then the rats in the dressing room win and fans lose.
    Posted by thefly8[/QUOTE]

Yeah, sure he quit.  His OPS is .888 over the past 26 games.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickerd2. Show rickerd2's posts

[QUOTE]It was either fire the pitching coach, or LL would have to admit he was wrong on BV.  The good part is that, if LL keeps BV, LL will get fired next year.
    Posted by Joebreidey[/QUOTE]

Is that like the reverse pivot?  What a spot to be in.....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]McClure is not the total problem, but he should have been let go much earlier. For whatever reason, he was not reaching the pitching staff in a positive way. I would have fired him in June and then if the new guy had not made significant progress I would have fired Valentine on July 1st. Too late now to make a difference this year whether you fire the pitching coach or even Valentine.  But, Valentine needs to go on October 4th if only becuase his mouth is still hurting the team.  He might be the first manager to mouth his way out of a job.
    Posted by charliedarling[/QUOTE]

I agree that he should have been let go a while ago.  Although, the pitching problems of the Red Sox go way beyond the coach of this team. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

Trade Beckett.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from prknsdnld. Show prknsdnld's posts

[QUOTE]Yeah, take it out on Bob McClure, but keep Niemann? What the hell is that? They both sucked. They won't fire BV, but firing the pitching coach. This is pathetic fall guy stuff. I'm so sick of this organization, and why it continually defends Bobby Valentine. All year, it's about defending him to the masses. Well, he sucks, and the team is 3 games under .500 and they are going to probably not finish at .500....Pathetic.
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]
     When a team's top two pitchers have combined for 11 wins on August 20th, pitching coaches get fired. Especially if he wasn't the manager's hire....

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Red Sox fire pitching coach Bob McClure -Reaction? : what does McClure have to do with the redsox plate discipline??
    Posted by xdrive[/QUOTE]

LOL!  Already asked & answered.  The hazards of a looooong day, & carrying on 4 arguments at once.

I have no flipping idea what my point could possibly have been.  :)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trebor. Show Trebor's posts

Boy there sure are a lot of little girls on this site, so much crying and moaning, will have to send out and order in some hankys so you can wipe your runny little noses.

get a life

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE]Boy there sure are a lot of little girls on this site, so much crying and moaning, will have to send out and order in some hankys so you can wipe your runny little noses. get a life
    Posted by Trebor[/QUOTE]

Trebor?

Call us when you grow up & buy a real man's name!   :)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Bout time. Should have done it April 7.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Red Sox fire pitching coach Bob McClure -Reaction? : It began with Francona and Epstein. And so it continues..........
    Posted by pumpsie-green[/QUOTE]

+1

but began with ownership group my thoughts

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Red Sox fire pitching coach Bob McClure -Reaction? : My guess is that Valentine will be back next year, for better or worse. He didn't lay the egg this year; Epstein is the hen in this case.
    Posted by pumpsie-green[/QUOTE]

you have to see teh owenerships group role in siking the ship, including while tito was here. written about is several times here (once a week or 2 lately)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Red Sox fire pitching coach Bob McClure -Reaction? : I tend to agree.  Where the F does the buck stop anyway???  The GD pitching coach?  While they definitely needed a new pitching coach, it's ridiculous to pretend bobby's guy is going to make a bit of a difference!  Bobby's guy is going to make Beckett care???  Lackey???  Dice-K??? * I'm happy with the turn around by Buch!  This kid has shown true grit! * Lester seems to be coming around! :) I'm proud of him for not giving in to the    F'it Beckett / Lackey influence! The rest of the rotation should be re-tooled!!! Beckett / Lackey MUST GO!!!  No more BS!
    Posted by redsoxdirtdog[/QUOTE]

absolutely agree

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]Boy there sure are a lot of little girls on this site, so much crying and moaning, will have to send out and order in some hankys so you can wipe your runny little noses. get a life
    Posted by Trebor[/QUOTE]

dont use "girl"/"woman"/"female" to disparage another. there is nothing disparaging or wrong or bad or less than about being a woman. just because others do it (display bigoted misogyny [hatred of women]), doesnt make it cool or ok. 

best to just to share your opinon, not try to demean others.

peace

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Red Sox fire pitching coach Bob McClure -Reaction? : IT'S NOT BOBBY VALENTINE's FAULT!!!!    You could bring in the best baseball managers in the history of baseball , and you still couldn't win with this team.  
    Posted by Britt203[/QUOTE]

and ownwership/upper mgt.
    they doomed the team during titos reign with overcontrollingness and allowing the players to not be accountable to the manger (getting in the way of that ala al davis)

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from sox4life2280. Show sox4life2280's posts

Leo Mazzone please!!!!  He ws very voacl on ESPN about what needs to be done for the sox to improve.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from prknsdnld. Show prknsdnld's posts

[QUOTE]Check in time for northern NH Yankee trolls.
    Posted by Calzone65[/QUOTE]
     Did I say something that wasn't accurate? And how does that make me a troll? OHH, because you don't agree !! That's right, the Kim theory....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Red Sox fire pitching coach Bob McClure -Reaction? : and ownwership/upper mgt. they doomed the team during titos reign with overcontrollingness and allowing the players to not be accountable to the manger (getting in the way of that ala al davis)
    Posted by bredbru[/QUOTE]

The RS were the best team in BB thru 8/31 of last year.  The collapse of the Red Sox is predominantly a 2012 phenomonon.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]Leo Mazzone please!!!!  He ws very voacl on ESPN about what needs to be done for the sox to improve.
    Posted by sox4life2280[/QUOTE]

What did he say?