Red Sox' Gift to Mariano

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from crix. Show crix's posts

Red Sox' Gift to Mariano

Thanks for the memories, Mo.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Re: Red Sox' Gift to Mariano

Waldman can get on the field and try pretend he actually got the S that game

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to crix's comment:

Thanks for the memories, Mo.

I don't like it.

I think the frame should be red sox blue and red Wink

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Props to the Red Sox...ceremony was well done...nice interaction between Mo and the fans around the bullpen...hat's off..                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Loved the sign saying Mariano was the only Yankee we would miss. Red Sox fans truly love Rivera.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

LOL...Kevin Millar is hilarious...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:

LOL...Kevin Millar is hilarious

Was that Millar?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Bill Mueller is so classy...LOL@him getting on Millar :-)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

Not gonna lie......I thought the gifts were lame other than the '42' signage from left field.....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to Kingface12's comment:

Not gonna lie......I thought the gifts were lame other than the '42' signage from left field.....

Well Mr. Kingace 1 2 .....  I certainly understand your stance here, afterall, why would a negative fan understand the "working relationship" over the years and the thrills & chills that Mariano has provided to baseball and our "beloved Red Sox Nation " !!!     Just saying.........     >RESPECT....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

The gifts were appropriate - I'd like to know how big that check was

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

[QUOTE]

Well Mr. Kingace 1 2 .....  I certainly understand your stance here, afterall, why would a negative fan understand the "working relationship" over the years and the thrills & chills that Mariano has provided to baseball and our "beloved Red Sox Nation " !!!     Just saying.........     >RESPECT....

[/QUOTE]

I'm saying he deserved something better d u f u s.  A pitching rubber from the BP that gets changed every year, and an old chair he can get on ebay just doesn't do it for me and doesn't show a lot of imagination.  This was geared as a night he will never forget.....to me it was forgettable.

As for the check.....that was a class move.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

I'm saying he deserved something better d u f u s.  A pitching rubber from the BP that gets changed every year, and an old chair he can get on ebay just doesn't do it for me and doesn't show a lot of imagination.  This was geared as a night he will never forget.....to me it was forgettable.

I guees we could have thanked him with a 2004 World Series ring !!!   (easy on the name calling, makes you look soooo juvenile  !!! )     Just saying !!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]  I guees we could have thanked him with a 2004 World Series ring !!!

[/QUOTE]

The Sox didn't play the Yankees for the WS.....

I'd rather thank the team that got the huge hits off him and a well timed stolen base.  Bill Mueller and Big Papi are the ones I'm thanking for the late innings heroics....not the opposing player.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

I guees we could have thanked him with a 2004 World Series ring !!!   (easy on the name calling, makes you look soooo juvenile  !!! )     Just saying !!

Nice 'edit'.....d u f u s.....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

for a second i thought koji-san might karate chop him in the neck but instead gave him a rubber. 

realtalk - the whole presentation seemed awkward.  well intended, but awkward.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Why didn't the Sox ever give Goose Goosage such a ceremony?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to andrewmitch's comment:

From where I sit, this all resulted from the way he handeled opening day @ Fenway 2005 ......   Yes, his million $ Smile and a tip of the cap captured the hearts of how 2004 ended !!!    As DAD would say .......   "SON, and the rest is history" !!!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

[QUOTE]

From where I sit, this all resulted from the way he handeled opening day @ Fenway 2005 ......   Yes, his million $ Smile and a tip of the cap captured the hearts of how 2004 ended !!!    As DAD would say .......   "SON, and the rest is history" !!!!!

[/QUOTE]

There you go again with baseball players and capturing your heart.....nice add-on with the 'Million $ Smile"

AAWWWKWAAAAARD!!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

There you go again with baseball players and capturing your heart.....nice add-on with the 'Million $ Smile"

AAWWWKWAAAAARD!!!!

[/QUOTE]Don't let the truth get in the way !!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

AAWWWKWAAAAARD!!!!

[/QUOTE]Don't let the truth get in the way !!

[/QUOTE]

Apparently you're not! Good to see your Liberal side coming out Bill!! 

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

.....to continue....  I also think that the video montage was not too appropriate too.  The whole thing was a roast.  While I agree that some of it should have been...as our way of saying 'thanks' in a sarcastic way....to make the entire thing about probably two of his worst moments in his career just seemed a liitle silly and redundant. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

I thought the video montage was ESPN's.

As a whole, I have to admit I was somewhat  disappointed.  Not sure I can peg why other than to say I thought it would have been pretty cool if Ortiz and Pedroia spoke.