Red Sox Offered Reddick, Prospects For Bailey

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattb5fon. Show mattb5fon's posts

Re: Red Sox Offered Reddick, Prospects For Bailey

i like it but i also like reddick. Bailey is a good pick up if they take it though

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

make this happen!!!

But I will be a bit concern about who will platoon with Kalish at RF since Kalish may not be 100% healthy to play all season along.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgomez. Show bgomez's posts

In Response to Re: Red Sox Offered Reddick, Prospects For Bailey:
    [QUOTE]make this happen!!! But I will be a bit concern about who will platoon with Kalish at RF since Kalish may not be 100% healthy to play all season along.
    Posted by GoUconn13[/QUOTE]

Don't worry. We will probably sign a right-handed hitting OF (Cuddyer, Willingham?) to compliment him.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NegativeTrollsAbound. Show NegativeTrollsAbound's posts

This won't happen, not enough.

I hope the prospects don't include Middlebrooks.

They do need this Baily dude though.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rgmfick. Show rgmfick's posts

The FO must think that Ryan Kalish will make a full recovery from his surgery and be in the mix to play a ML role this coming Season.  I think both Ryan and Josh Reddick are assets, however, I can see Kalish being the Red Sox CF in a couple of seasons if the Red Sox are unable to sign Jacoby Ellsbury longterm.  Impressions are everything and although both may be listed as 5 tool players, regardless of stats, if you have to evaluate how Kalish filled in for Jacoby in 2010 and how Josh filled in for JD Drew in 2011, Kalish has more of an upside.  If the Red Sox are able to get enough value for Josh Reddick such as Andrew Bailey, even if by adding a prospect, I would rather move Josh, hope he will do well elsewhere, and not look back. When the Red Sox have traded young outfielders with promise, recently they have not make too many mistakes.  The outfielder who comes to mind we would have benefitted in keeping is the Rangers David Murphy also because Gagne did not work out, others such as Brandon Morse who went to the Pirates in the ManRam deal and I think is now signed with the A's, and highly touted Matt Murton who is now playing in Japan, but was traded to the Cubs with Nomar in 2004.  If you think about it, however, during the Epstein/Cherington era the Red Sox have not had too many regrets about released or traded players.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

wAY TOO LEFT HANDED ONE WILL GO.

[QUOTE]The FO must think that Ryan Kalish will make a full recovery from his surgery and be in the mix to play a ML role this coming Season.  I think both Ryan and Josh Reddick are assets, however, I can see Kalish being the Red Sox CF in a couple of seasons if the Red Sox are unable to sign Jacoby Ellsbury longterm.  Impressions are everything and although both may be listed as 5 tool players, regardless of stats, if you have to evaluate how Kalish filled in for Jacoby in 2010 and how Josh filled in for JD Drew in 2011, Kalish has more of an upside.  If the Red Sox are able to get enough value for Josh Reddick such as Andrew Bailey, even if by adding a prospect, I would rather move Josh, hope he will do well elsewhere, and not look back. When the Red Sox have traded young outfielders with promise, recently they have not make too many mistakes.  The outfielder who comes to mind we would have benefitted in keeping is the Rangers David Murphy also because Gagne did not work out, others such as Brandon Morse who went to the Pirates in the ManRam deal and I think is now signed with the A's, and highly touted Matt Murton who is now playing in Japan, but was traded to the Cubs with Nomar in 2004.  If you think about it, however, during the Epstein/Cherington era the Red Sox have not had too many regrets about released or traded players.
    Posted by rgmfick[/QUOTE]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Do you want to make it happen if one of the prospects is Middlebrooks? That is who the A's want.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Red Sox Offered Reddick, Prospects For Bailey : Don't worry. We will probably sign a right-handed hitting OF (Cuddyer, Willingham?) to compliment him.
    Posted by bgomez[/QUOTE]

There is no way that Boston will get these two guys.  Cuddyer may soon sign with the Twins unless he find a better offer somewhere.  Willingham already got like three to four offers already, and there is no way that Boston can counter the offer cuz it is too costly.

So therefore, these two guys will more likely sign elsewhere!!

Who is left is Beltran.  But if Papi accepts the arbitration deal by tonite, it is more likely that Boston will not sign Beltran.  

That was why I was hoping that Papi walks away from the organization.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rgmfick. Show rgmfick's posts

One of the things obvious is that the Red Sox do not seem to have many ML almost ready prospects to trade.  Wil Middlebrooks is #1, probably Anthony Ranaudo #2 and despite concerns about his hitting talented defensive SS Jose Iglesias #3.  I have not included Ryan Kalish or Josh Reddick as each has produced for enough time to be considered major leaguers.  Maybe teams will have some interest in Lars Anderson, Felix Doubront or someone else, but as we know it takes 2 sometimes 3 teams minimum to make a deal work.  If Big Papi comes back for 1 or a negotiated 1 or 2 seasons, I suspect the Sox might have to trade Kevin Youkilis.  Very interesting what happens the next few months and The Red Sox may still have a makeshift lineup at 3B and RF, as re-building the starting rotation and bullpen are key to the 2012 Season.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I think once we know for sure what Papi is doing, we'll see the plan more clearly.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

[QUOTE]MLBTradeRumors: " 8:49am:  The talks are not that far along and the A's have not asked for Middlebrooks, tweets ESPN's Buster Olney .  The A's would need more, but WEEI's Alex Speier tweets that they've liked Lars Anderson , Raul Alcantara , and Brandon Workman ."
    Posted by 2004Idiots[/QUOTE]

Do it!!!  It is more likely it will happen!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnDeckCircle. Show OnDeckCircle's posts

Gammons once touted that Craig Hansen was the closer of the future.    Where is he now ?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

[QUOTE]One of the things obvious is that the Red Sox do not seem to have many ML almost ready prospects to trade.  Wil Middlebrooks is #1, probably Anthony Ranaudo #2 and despite concerns about his hitting talented defensive SS Jose Iglesias #3.  I have not included Ryan Kalish or Josh Reddick as each has produced for enough time to be considered major leaguers.  Maybe teams will have some interest in Lars Anderson, Felix Doubront or someone else, but as we know it takes 2 sometimes 3 teams minimum to make a deal work.  If Big Papi comes back for 1 or a negotiated 1 or 2 seasons, I suspect the Sox might have to trade Kevin Youkilis.  Very interesting what happens the next few months and The Red Sox may still have a makeshift lineup at 3B and RF, as re-building the starting rotation and bullpen are key to the 2012 Season.
    Posted by rgmfick[/QUOTE]
    I've written before that the MLB production of Josh Reddick or Ryan Kalish will likely fall somewhere between the MLB production of former Red Sox prospects David Murphy and Brandon Moss.

I still think the Athletics should find a better package elsewhere.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

I'd rather have Aardsma.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

Reddick, Lars, and Alcantara for Bailey...

Get it done...

By the way, sucks Chiang and Fedorowicz got traded for absolutely nothing last year...

Probably could've helped in a situation like this...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Sox is still involved in Madson as well.  Is he back up plan for Bailey or Sox trying that hard to strengthen our bullpen.  If BC lands Bailey AND Madson somehow, he will be praised.  Then Bard can be tested in the rotation.  It would be Madson and Bailey for the late innings which will be the best 8-9 inning combination.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

LOL! Reddick and what prospects, for Bailey? Reddick and blocked former prospects like Jed Panic attack sounds about right. I would find a dimmer bulb than Billby BB to try and work over. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from never1954. Show never1954's posts

seems to me that because we need pitching so bad this works.  reddick is ok but not the long term answer for that position.  the sox need to make something happen and this could be a good start.  if only papi would make up his mind while there is still time in the day for the sox to talk to someone.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

[QUOTE]LOL! Reddick and what prospects, for Bailey? Reddick and blocked former prospects like Jed Panic attack sounds about right. I would find a dimmer bulb than Billby BB to try and work over. 
    Posted by hankwilliams[/QUOTE]

Look at all these trades within 72 hours.  None of the team got top 10 prospects in return.  Look at Colorado trading Street for a player to be named later.  Look at Bluejays got a closer from White Sox for a cheap prospect. 

It is just about salary reliefs especially for these small market team.

I do think Reddick along with a prospect or two that is outside of the top 20 ranking are a good enough trade bait for Bailey!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

This strikes me as another indication that the Sox are going to get Brett Jackson as compensation for Theo.  First the Cubs sign DeJesus, and now the Sox are shopping Reddick.

25. This post has been removed.