1. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Red Sox pause at Boston Marathon finish line, sing 'God Bless America'

http://nesn.com/2013/11/red-sox-world-series-parade-live-stream-video/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Re: Red Sox pause at Boston Marathon finish line, sing 'God Bless America'

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

It amazes me how many atheists sing that song

And it amazes me even more how many people who believe in God, think that God would Bless America (we don't deserve it) more than any other nation

Red Sox should stick to baseball

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to andrewmitch's comment:
    [QUOTE]

And it amazes me even more how many people who believe in God, think that God would Bless America (we don't deserve it) more than any other nation

[/QUOTE]

Its true we dont deserve it, but the attitude of the people who would sing it and mean it still counts for something mitch. If more people took it to heart, we'd all be better off, and the more people with the heart to do the right thing we have the more peace and success we can expect. So while its true that all too many people sing the song as a matter of form, the fact that its still sung and keeping the ideas at the forefront still has meaning to a lot of people.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Its true we dont deserve it, but the attitude of the people who would sing it and mean it still counts for something mitch. If more people took it to heart, we'd all be better off, and the more people with the heart to do the right thing we have the more peace and success we can expect. So while its true that all too many people sing the song as a matter of form, the fact that its still sung and keeping the ideas at the forefront still has meaning to a lot of people.

[/QUOTE]

Very well said.  I think it's great that baseball is keeping God as part of the sport.  He is taken out of so many things these days, I'm proud to be a fan of a sport that still honors Him.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

God Bless America Lyrics
    by Irving Berlin

God bless America,
    Land that I love,
    Stand beside her and guide her
    Thru the night with a light from above;

From the mountains, to the prairies,
    To the oceans white with foam,
    God bless America,
    My home, sweet home.
    God bless America,
    My home, sweet home.

No where does it say that God is blessing america more than any other nation.  The song is a prayer asking for God's blessings.

I think it's a beautiful song and I'm grateful that it's still being sung by all of baseball not just the red sox.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Star Spangled Banner baby!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to 67redsox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Very well said.  I think it's great that baseball is keeping God as part of the sport.  He is taken out of so many things these days, I'm proud to be a fan of a sport that still honors Him.

[/QUOTE]

I wish you would go away......

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to LagunaJose's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The moderators should really delete posts and threads that seperate Red Sox fans on non-baseball matters.

[/QUOTE]
    If they did, what would you post about, pike?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to Kingface12's comment:

In response to 67redsox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I wish you would go away......

[/QUOTE]

That's rude as usual. Hey, tell us more about how long-time heroes in Red Sox lore aren't really champions so they shouldn't be lauded. It's so fascinating.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

I admit, this made me feel good

http://www.boston.com/video/viral_page/?/services/player/bcpid1367773107001&bckey=AQ~~,AAAAAA6piHY~,DqRT40XOAr9OWST-YiEQyzUCo3g3L-Af&bctid=2796810856001

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"The moderators should really delete posts and threads that seperate Red Sox fans on non-baseball matters."

I'm in favor of that as it means we wouldn't read your threads ever again Pike....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Red Sox should stick to baseball"

Ummm...no. 

It's about civic pride for the city which has been a theme throughout the season after it endured such a tragic event. 

It's not my favorite song either for similar reasons but you need to be able to step back from your agenda here and see a bigger picture. 

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

I get the same treatment.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The song asks God to guide America.  You know, 'stand beside her and guide her'?  IMHO, we could use a little more guidance.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I was right on the other side of the truck that was in front of the one Gomes and Salty were on. What a scene down there. Especially when they sang God Bless America. Not too many dry eyes.

Copely square/Boylston was shoulder to shoulder. It was my first Rolling Rally and I will never forget it.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The song asks God to guide America.  You know, 'stand beside her and guide her'?  IMHO, we could use a little more guidance.

[/QUOTE]

+10000000000

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I was right on the other side of the truck that was in front of the one Gomes and Salty were on. What a scene down there. Especially when they sang God Bless America. Not too many dry eyes.

Copely square/Boylston was shoulder to shoulder. It was my first Rolling Rally and I will never forget it.

[/QUOTE]

Thanks for sharing and good to hear.