Red Sox should try trade for Garza

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsox0426. Show redsox0426's posts

Red Sox should try trade for Garza

The Red Sox should see if Garza is available on deadline day. He would be a welcome addition, and maybe, Curt Young could help him through some of his recent struggles.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

Re: Red Sox should try trade for Garza

i agree garza would be a good fit for the sox. I really hope they try for him. I find it quite funny that after nixing the harden deal they are now looking at bedard lol. Cant see his medicals being any better than hardens. Garza would be a solid and is the only option theo has left.(if garza is even available which he should because the cubs are terrible)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

maybe the sox could get garza and reed johnson and fill 2 needs in one deal. 

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Red Sox should try trade for Garza:
    [QUOTE]The Red Sox should see if Garza is available on deadline day. He would be a welcome addition, and maybe, Curt Young could help him through some of his recent struggles.
    Posted by redsox0426[/QUOTE]

I think the Sox best bet at this point might be Wandy Rodriquez.  He has a contract we could afford and I'm sure prospects that could satisfy the Astros.  Wandy has been a pretty steady pitcher over the years and may be a good fit in our rotation.  I like him over Garza or Bedard at this point.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsox0426. Show redsox0426's posts

Getting Garza and Reed Johnson would be an intriguing scenario, but I wonder what Sox would have to give up. Lars Anderson, Alex Wilson, Oscar Tejeda, and Kolbrin Vitek could be enough. Only other viable option at SP is Wandy Rodriguez. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

the sox no doubt have the prospects to land garza. They should stay away from wandy rodriguez. Lets hope theo can get something done for garza.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Diamondtalk. Show Diamondtalk's posts

In Response to Re: Red Sox should try trade for Garza:
    [QUOTE]maybe the sox could get garza and reed johnson and fill 2 needs in one deal. 
    Posted by redsoxpride34[/QUOTE]

And give up who to get them ?   

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

well i am sure the trade would start with kyle weiland, kalish or another outfielder, maybe lars, maybe a catcher (not lavarnway). Something like that. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mlewdwinsky. Show mlewdwinsky's posts

The grounds crew would have to cover the mound with 6 mil plastic each time Garza pitched - he continually spits - then remove the plastic when the opposing pitcher took the mound.  Didn't care for him when he was at Tampa and still don't think much of him - or Ted Lilly.  Best options are Heath Bell and Brian Ludwick (spelling??) but we don't want it known the Padres are our minor league team. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

ya i am not a huge fan of garza as a person, but i think he would help the team the most. He is young (27 turns 28 in november), durable, and has had success in the AL east. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

No, thanks.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TitleTown11. Show TitleTown11's posts

At least we know he can pitch in the AL East, Wandy doesn't have that going for him.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

I'll pass - he's a tool

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Overrated. Under .500 for his career. He has VERY good numbers against the Sox, which I think causes locals to overinflate his worth. Conversely, he's been atrocious against the Yanks. No thank you.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In Response to Re: Red Sox should try trade for Garza:
    [QUOTE]I'll pass - he's a tool
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I have to agree on this one..PASS