1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Re: Red Sox skip out on Johnny Pesky’s funeral

Pedroia the "leader" couldn't make it.

This team needs a lot of change.  They need to get some good guys on this team.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In Response to Re: Red Sox skip out on Johnny Pesky’s funeral:
    [QUOTE]Pedroia the "leader" couldn't make it. This team needs a lot of change.  They need to get some good guys on this team.
    Posted by Schumpeters-Ghost[/QUOTE]So you want to dump pedey?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]Pedroia the "leader" couldn't make it. This team needs a lot of change.  They need to get some good guys on this team.
    Posted by Schumpeters-Ghost[/QUOTE]So you want to dump pedey?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

I understand people have other things going on in their lives but this is terrible. This man deserved more respect from this team. When I read this today it made me really dislike this group of players even more. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

"We get 18 off days a year," he said. "I think we deserve a little time to ourselves." 

Josh Beckett

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Farwell Mr. Pesky, and as usual you were always so well dressed. Sharp!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

[QUOTE]http://audio.weei.com/a/61754168/alex-cora-former-red-sox-if-on-red-sox-players-missing-pesky-s-funeral.htm
    Posted by EnchiladaT[/QUOTE]

Interesting takes from a former player.

Added some insight into Pedroia's rookie year as well.

Worth listening to, a very level headed opinion.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Pesky family has already come out and asked fans to no longer back the red sox"

When you make that kind of statement in this forum you should really provide a link or some kind of reference? Do you have one? The family's feelings are obviously an important indicator here. 

Still, the contrast between the funeral attendance and the near-complete attendance at Beckett's party later doesn't look good, not at all. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LeftyGrove. Show LeftyGrove's posts

In response to "Re: Red Sox skip out on Johnny Pesky’s funeral": [QUOTE]But almost the entire team was able to attend Becketts Bowl only several hours later?????????????? This is the last straw for me.  I will forever and always love the Red Sox and be a fan....but the currently roster of players representing this team are pathetic.   Clay Buccholz, Salty, Ortiz, and Padilla good for you.  Seriously any Sox player that has been here for more than 365 days and did not attend should be dumped right now (I know thats not realistic, but I'm sure we can dump a few guys to make a statement) So Maybe they skipped out on the funeral so they could be well rested to go to the Beckett bowl where I'm sure there was plenty of beer drinking going on.   Posted by ctredsoxfanhugh[/QUOTE] I agree with you. Except the 4 who went, the rest are a selfish bunch of bums. The fans should find a night game to collectively stand and turn their backs on these narcissistic losers.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Alex Cora should get some consideration as an outside the box / longshot candidate to be our next manager.  I remember always hearing that he would make a good manager when he was a player.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

And keep this in mind regarding the excuse makers who didn't go because it was too late, etc:
    (Are you listening Adrian Gonzalez)

17 players saw fit to show up at last month's birch(sp)-fest in New York on their off day at roughly the same time of day following an equally late night trip (this one from Texas) that saw the team arrive in New York at 5 a.m. That's 13 more than who paid their respects to Pesky. Even worse, on that infamous Thursday in New York, the highest-paid player on the team - Adrian Gonzalez - earned his "Fan Cave" moniker by showing up at 10 a.m. to plank, hit Wiffle Balls and play video games. So while he got up early to chill in the "Fan Cave" - "Fan Cave" could not be bothered to pull himself out of bed to make it to Pesky's funeral.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

[QUOTE]You realize the Beckett bowl was a charity event, right!?!
    Posted by markp99[/QUOTE]

They could have gone to the funeral then the Beckett bowl

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoCalMike. Show SoCalMike's posts

Having been a fan since 1946, I found it disgraceful that this team (minus four) could not show the proper respect due to a man who gave everything he had to " his guys". It is a sad commentary on the state of this organization cannot do what is right. They are going to have to gain my respect before I will watch them again.  How Sad.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42Giants. Show 42Giants's posts

very disrespectful.  You find time to go.  If it have other things "scheduled", a funeral should come first.  That is something you cannot schedule.
    Sorry, if someone dies and it interferes with your life.
    This man gave so much to his country, to the red sox, and to his community.

That is the exact problem problem with this team:  they have no respect for anyone but themselves.  It's a disgrace.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thomasmtom. Show Thomasmtom's posts

Going to this funeral would fall into the category of “The very least we can do”. I’m ashamed of these guys.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from eggplants. Show eggplants's posts

Maybe some of them went to the wake, or signed the on-line guest book or sent Mass Cards. Sometimes it's hard to figure people out when death comes calling someone they know.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

Parson me if this has already been said.
    Of the long-term players who came to the Sox when Pesky was there to help, only Ortiz and Buchholz attended the funeral. Add Nomar even though he's no longer with the club. Padilla and Salty are new ones who took time to attend. 
    Both have given indications that they are made of good stuff. ( Padilla's domestic situation is irrelevant as far as what is known. )
    Of the ones who came up when Pesky was here but didn't attend, two names stick out: Pedey and Ellsbury. Pesky was a head cheerleader for both, and could well have helped them play the game better. 
    Both of those players should be ashamed of themselves, IMO.
    One or both of them may not be long in a Sox uniform.

22. This post has been removed.