Red Sox take calls on Jed Lowrie...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Red Sox take calls on Jed Lowrie...

... according to a tweet from the Boston Globe's Nick Cafardo:

http://twitter.com/#!/nickcafardo/statuses/143742881146994688

To give some idea of Lowrie's trade value, MLB Trade Rumors has projected 2012 salaries of $1.2 million for four infielders entering the first of three arbitration years: Jed Lowrie, Chris Getz, Robert Andino and Blake DeWitt.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2011/11/projected-arbitration-salaries.html

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Re: Red Sox get calls on Jed Lowrie...

Bad news is that the Braves isnt interesting him.  I was hoping they do cuz they wanted to trade Jurrijens.  

But who are these few teams that wanted him?  If these few teams are willing trade one of their starting pitcher, I would do it in a heartbeat!!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Teams calling about Lowrie would problably use him as utility guy just like the Sox used him.  We won't get much for Lowrie unless he is packaged with few prospects in a multi players deal. 

Teams with infielder (SS/3B) help excluding the Braves

Phillies might be one of those teams who called in about Lowrie.  They need an insurnace in case of losing their SS Jimmy Rollins.  And they are actively trying to get suitors for Polanco.  If they lose both players, they will need infielder help at SS and 3B.  Rumor that Phillies are pushing hard to get Aramis so if they do get him, Lowrie will be their perfect utility guy at SS and 3B or even 1B time to time now that Thome is their 1B who needs rests time to time. 

Who can we get: Phillies are strong offensive team.  Thus they won't give up too much for a back up plan utility guy.  We could ask for Blanton or Bastardo straight up for Lowrie or include 1 or 2 major league ready players (Reddick or Doubront) for Vance Worley who dominated the Sox in the interleague game.

Mets are also another suitor for Lowrie.  They just lost Reyes and they are thinking moving Wright at right price.  If they do find the right price and move Wright, Mets also have same problem as Phillies do.  They are going to need SS or 3B whom they can use for 2 or 3 yrs, at most, until they rebuild the team.  Lowrie can be that guy who can play SS and 3B.  Since Mets are going into rebuilding phase, they won't give up prospects.

who can we get: We could ask RA Dickey who had a good season and he can be our #5 starter right away.  other candidates are Angel Pagan, Mike Pelfrey, or even Jason Bay.

Cubs might have called in for Lowrie to be their 3rd basemen.  Cubs don't think they are getting Aramis back for next season and they do not have 3rd baseman ready.  Now Theo in charge, he might try to bring in his own guy.  Theo and Ben could work out and get over with compensation issue in a deal including Lowrie.

who can we get: Well.. Cubs have few players that Sox can use effestively.  Deal could be done as trade + compensation.  Sox send Lowrie, Reddick, Lin and Cubs send us Alfonso Soriano and Matt Garza.  Cubs paying 2/3 of Soriano's remaining salary included in the deal. 

I'm runing out of time so I'll add few more teams tomorrow..
    Good night Sox fans

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mfymfy. Show mfymfy's posts

Sox send Lowrie, Reddick, Lin and Cubs send us Alfonso Soriano and Matt Garza.  Cubs paying 2/3 of Soriano's remaining salary included in the deal--seannybboi

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Cubs should immediately jump on this no-brainer before the Sox change their mind.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

Lowrie trade value was highest last winter. He now need to be packaged with his good friend Ellsbury, to net back a top quality young Rh Ofer and a middle tier starter.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ncsoxfan4life. Show ncsoxfan4life's posts

Re: Red Sox take calls on Jed Lowrie...

I THINK THIS GUY CAN STILL BE A BALLPLAY !

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

Interesting ideas, Sean. I'm not sure the Phillies would trade Vance Worley, after effectively cutting ties with Roy Oswalt. I think Philadelphia views Worley as his cost-effective, team-controlled replacement. Worley has No. 2 starter potential. It would be foolish to trade him for spare parts like Lowrie, Doubront, and Reddick.

I like your Cubs proposal the best. Epstein wants Lowrie and the Red Sox and Cubs still need to work out some kind of compensation agreement. Lowrie and a pair of B-level prospects for Garza and a heavily subsidized Soriano might make sense, especially if Ortiz does not return to Boston. Soriano could DH and occasionally play the outfield during interleague play, if his numbers warrant it. Soriano would be the "Mike Lowell" of the deal that depresses Chicago's return on Garza. Soriano is not a high OBA guy. I'd consider adding the Angels or White Sox as a third team to see if the Red Sox could swap Soriano to one of those clubs for either Vernon Wells or Alex Rios. While Wells and Rios recently put up equally horrific years on offense, at least they play good defense at a position the Red Sox need to fill (right field). Kenny Williams loves making trades, so I think a three-way with the Cubs and Red Sox would be quite feasible. Epstein seems to favor three-way deals as well.

To Boston - Matt Garza (from Cubs), Alex Rios (from White Sox).

To Chicago AL - Alfonso Soriano (from Cubs), Josh Reddick (from Red Sox), cash (from Cubs).

To Chicago NL - Jed Lowrie (from Red Sox), Felix Doubront (from Red Sox), Lars Anderson (from Red Sox).

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

The problem with Lowrie is that he really isn't even a good utility player because he simply can't stay healthy.  The guy is snake bit.  If he isn't getting surgery for a baseball related injury then he's got mono.

Plus, he's not a very good defensive player.

I'd prefer a guy who is good defensively, has speed, and doesn't embarass himself at the plate.  You can use him as a late inning defensive replacement, pinch runner that can stay in the game, as well as put him in the line up occassionally.  If a starter goes on the DL, then bring up a kid from AAA to take his place.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

I'd hate to be the guy who has to sit by the phone all day waiting for it to ring. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Well, I think Boston should wait on Rollins, Betancourt, Furcal and Gonzelez sign with a new or old team.  Then Boston can speak to teams that need SS, and try to make a deal with them.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

MOVE HIM .......  "TRANSFORM THAT ROSTER" !!!!