Red Sox vs NYY Game thread,Saturday April 21

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

Re: Red Sox vs NYY Game thread,Saturday April 21

Nice job by Tazawa!!!  Think positive.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kt888. Show kt888's posts

In Response to Re: Red Sox vs NYY Game thread,Saturday April 21:
    [QUOTE]If Bobby V had a bullpen to work with he wouldn't be in the position of flipping off the fans by tipping his cap.
    Posted by chuchos[/QUOTE]

Very true, Chuchos, but the Red Sox are in desperate need of some wins......so if the starter is cruising along, leave him in.  This BP gives an emotional lift to the opposing hitters.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pbriam. Show Pbriam's posts

To those of you still watching this game - knowing what you knew about the Red Sox bullpen, what percentage chance did you give the Red Sox to blow this game and actually lose when they were up 9-0 with 9 outs remaining?  I figured only about a 2% chance.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

You'd think that the classless yank players laughing openly at them would give you a lift

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

[QUOTE]To those of you still watching this game - knowing what you knew about the Red Sox bullpen, what percentage chance did you give the Red Sox to blow this game and actually lose when they were up 9-0 with 9 outs remaining?  I figured only about a 2% chance.
    Posted by Pbriam[/QUOTE]

None, yanks looked bad the whole game.  Maybe FD is that good.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kt888. Show kt888's posts

Of those of us still watching the game, who thought the chances of the Red Sox winning were greater by keeping the starter who had dominated entire game to that point, or to let one of the worse BPs in baseball take over?  Sorry, I know what you are saying, but, the RS need a win.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

Joe Buck letting Boston fans have it with the Bruins comments

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]Nationally televised and Bobby V tips his cap to the Boston Fans on his way back from the mound. The team owner is sitting there see's it and doesn't care that his employee just disrected Red Sox Nation. 
    Posted by proftom2[/QUOTE] and you just know at his presser, that line of question is going to get snippy..

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Ortiz and Salty tally 8 of the 14 Sox hits.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from lhtak. Show lhtak's posts

[QUOTE]Bobby V tips his hat to all Boston Fans on his way back to dugout. Did you see that?  What a jerk! Total rotten jerk! No wonder the team doesn't play at all for him. 
    Posted by proftom2[/QUOTE]

You know who the real jerks are, everyone blaming Bobby-V for the performance of the losers like Pedroia and Youk. Bobby-V is given a team that could not make the playoffs last two years and is peppered by Francoma with Beer and Chicken during the games. I hope Bobby-V instead of tipping his hat, shows his middle finger to the dumb fans and players who goes on public to blame him for their play. Then good luck with finding a manager for Sox.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dcct. Show dcct's posts

Re: Red Sox vs NYY Saturday April 21

In Response to Re: Red Sox vs NYY Saturday April 21:
    [QUOTE]anyone else has no sound from the fox telecast with comcast?
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

a blessing in disguise?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

while come of the blame falls on bobby v, the sox fo is responsible for this mess of a team. they let papelbon go, brought in a injury prone closer with no back up plan, did absolutely nothing to fix the pen, did nothing to fix the rotation and instead of getting a good starter, took our best remaining pen guy and put him in the rotation.i like doubront in the rotation but bard should be in the pen. I dont think i have ever seen a game where a bullpen allows 14 runs in 3 innings. thats just unacceptable at the major league level. no way this team makes the playoffs, even if everyone was healthy, they would still be the underdog. I have never seen a team with so many problems. this team has no number 3 starter(check back to my earlier offseason posts, i always said buchholz is not a number 3), no real ace, no outfield depth, no back of the pen guys, no pen in general, a weak bench, a 3rd baseman and a catcher who cant even bat their weights, and no closer. i have never seen a more incompetent frontoffice than that of the sox. i am embarssed to be a sox fan right now, i really expected better after especially after what happened last year. who knew it could actually get worse. this team is finding new ways to lose. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

JBay you too. I told you earlier in the year I did not think this team was a playoff team. Iknow they had injuries but the bullpen is awfull and they have way too many guys out of posittion. Felt in 2009 after the season they needed to sign Jason Bay who was battle tested in the playoffs and all with the Red Sox. They ket him go then tried to replace him with Mike Cameron who could not hit at all. They needed to sign Teixeira at the end of the 2008 seaso. They played hard ball with Boras and I was wondering if that was done on purpose so they did not have to go that type of money at the time. He was a switch hitter and a perfect fit for the team. Another bad move. In response to "Re: Red Sox vs NYY Game thread,Saturday April 21": [QUOTE]Everyone have a good night.  Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]JBay you too. I told you earlier in the year I did not think this team was a playoff team. Iknow they had injuries but the bullpen is awfull and they have way too many guys out of posittion. Felt in 2009 after the season they needed to sign Jason Bay who was battle tested in the playoffs and all with the Red Sox. They ket him go then tried to replace him with Mike Cameron who could not hit at all. They needed to sign Teixeira at the end of the 2008 seaso. They played hard ball with Boras and I was wondering if that was done on purpose so they did not have to go that type of money at the time. He was a switch hitter and a perfect fit for the team. Another bad move. In response to "Re: Red Sox vs NYY Game thread,Saturday April 21":

Bay has been a disaster with the Mets AL. word is they're trying to move him. If things dont turn around soon, the FO needs to look to 2013. Decide who to keep, who's going and for what return. If Bard doesnt pan out as a starter, dont mess with him, put him back in the pen. If BV isnt your guy, get rid of him, put someone within the organization in for the interterm to calm the waters and start to look now for his successor. Dont let this season ruin next
    Posted by AL34[/QUOTE]

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Jason Bay was a better fit for the Red Sox than for the Mets. It was a bad move on Theo's part, I am sure that he would have had a very good year with the Sox in 2010. After they signed Cameron and Lackey, I kept hoping that they would sign him but they did'nt. It was a bad move on our part. I did not think he played a bad left field either.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomtom1. Show tomtom1's posts

[QUOTE]while come of the blame falls on bobby v, the sox fo is responsible for this mess of a team. they let papelbon go, brought in a injury prone closer with no back up plan, did absolutely nothing to fix the pen, did nothing to fix the rotation and instead of getting a good starter, took our best remaining pen guy and put him in the rotation.i like doubront in the rotation but bard should be in the pen. I dont think i have ever seen a game where a bullpen allows 14 runs in 3 innings. thats just unacceptable at the major league level. no way this team makes the playoffs, even if everyone was healthy, they would still be the underdog. I have never seen a team with so many problems. this team has no number 3 starter(check back to my earlier offseason posts, i always said buchholz is not a number 3), no real ace, no outfield depth, no back of the pen guys, no pen in general, a weak bench, a 3rd baseman and a catcher who cant even bat their weights, and no closer. i have never seen a more incompetent frontoffice than that of the sox. i am embarssed to be a sox fan right now, i really expected better after especially after what happened last year. who knew it could actually get worse. this team is finding new ways to lose. 
    Posted by redsoxpride34[/QUOTE]

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomtom1. Show tomtom1's posts

[QUOTE]while come of the blame falls on bobby v, the sox fo is responsible for this mess of a team. they let papelbon go, brought in a injury prone closer with no back up plan, did absolutely nothing to fix the pen, did nothing to fix the rotation and instead of getting a good starter, took our best remaining pen guy and put him in the rotation.i like doubront in the rotation but bard should be in the pen. I dont think i have ever seen a game where a bullpen allows 14 runs in 3 innings. thats just unacceptable at the major league level. no way this team makes the playoffs, even if everyone was healthy, they would still be the underdog. I have never seen a team with so many problems. this team has no number 3 starter(check back to my earlier offseason posts, i always said buchholz is not a number 3), no real ace, no outfield depth, no back of the pen guys, no pen in general, a weak bench, a 3rd baseman and a catcher who cant even bat their weights, and no closer. i have never seen a more incompetent frontoffice than that of the sox. i am embarssed to be a sox fan right now, i really expected better after especially after what happened last year. who knew it could actually get worse. this team is finding new ways to lose. 
    Posted by redsoxpride34[/QUOTE]

I agreee wholeheartedly.  This front office is incompetent and we will suffer the consequences of their actions and inactions for the rest of this year.  This team has NO CHANCE to compete.  It's a shame--we the fans and the few players who can compete deserve better.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LondonRedSox. Show LondonRedSox's posts

Come home to find this wow

I'm so sad but what are you going to do

We'll get them next time lets go Red Sox

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LondonRedSox. Show LondonRedSox's posts

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

Smile

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from massillon8. Show massillon8's posts

It would appear that Bobby V has lost the team and the fans.  I am not sure he cares at this point, I think in his mind he sees the thing needs blown up.  It will be interesting to see who is jettisoned, who won't make Bobby V's "cut".  Youk for one is a goner. Ortiz could bring some youth, Beckett might have some value, although his contract might slow the market down. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE]God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, Courage to change the things I can, And wisdom to know the difference.
    Posted by LondonRedSox[/QUOTE]

OR......   Just start drinking heavily, as this is looking to be one train wreck of a season!   :)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

I went out and it was 6-0
    What happened?