RedSox Dodgers Deal Is Completed....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

RedSox Dodgers Deal Is Completed....

We Now Have A Rubby And Some Sands.......

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnnyLefty. Show JohnnyLefty's posts

Re: RedSox Dodgers Deal Is Completed....

I'm even more happy about this trade cause I didn't know that Rubby De La Rosa was only 23 or 24. I thought he was gonna be 26. That would made a big difference. So now I'm even happier about this deal and if anything maybe he can be a good set up man or closer? Aka Bard 2.0.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

Both of these guys should get a legit shot at a major league spot next spring.

It is time that the Red Sox start to leave spring training every year with at least one quality, young player in the mix for valuable playing time.

The idea of filling spots with older more expensive players who almost never pan out should end as there is nowhere to go but up for a last place team whether they are considered a big market or small market team.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to JohnnyLefty's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm even more happy about this trade cause I didn't know that Rubby De La Rosa was only 23 or 24. I thought he was gonna be 26. That would made a big difference. So now I'm even happier about this deal and if anything maybe he can be a good set up man or closer? Aka Bard 2.0.

[/QUOTE]

He was a good starting pitcher last year before he got hurt.  Why move him to the pen where the Sox already have 12 pitchers fighting for 7 slots?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnnyLefty. Show JohnnyLefty's posts

In response to notin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to JohnnyLefty's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I meant set up man/closer as like a worst case senerio.
    He was a good starting pitcher last year before he got hurt.  Why move him to the pen where the Sox already have 12 pitchers fighting for 7 slots?

[/QUOTE]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Wouldn't you think the Dodgers only had take one of the two (Beck or Craw) in order to secure AGon. They really really really overpaid

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I'd have traded the 4 players for no prospects- just the salary relief of the 3 guys not named AGon.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Id say we fleeced the Dodgers. I was completely amazed that they agreed to that deal. Ownership and Colletti must have had a bigger Hard-on for Gonzo than Theo did...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Before getting overly excited--we gave up Fuentes, Kelley, Rizzo, CC, Beckett, Punto and Gonzalez for Rubby, Jerry, Webster, James and DeJesus--who got fleeced???

I do't think Loney or DeJesus will play another game for the Sox. I would like to see Sands, Rubby and Webster make an impression. They were the principals Ben wanted--

Cartpenter looks like he might contribute--no on Zach Stewart.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

In response to MadMc44's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Before getting overly excited--we gave up Fuentes, Kelley, Rizzo, CC, Beckett, Punto and Gonzalez for Rubby, Jerry, James and DeJesus--who got fleeced???

[/QUOTE]

Lol.  Yep.  Kind of agree.

But LA took the deal at the time because they thought they could make the postseason.  They finished about 8 games back and missed it all.  Beckett's done.  Gonzo didn't exactly light it up, and CC is still the same.  Dodgers could still make the postseason next year, but the Sox are at least two seasons away.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Actually AGon finished with a .297 BA and Beckett's NL ERA was, I think, 3.96. Punto finished at .286--he's a perfect NL player.

I do think CC will take Vistorino's place in the Dodget outfield and will probably do well. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Anybody look at Beckett's numbers since the trade?

Lower ERA, strikeout to walk ratio was good at 38K-14W ,.... but 2W-3L....5 HRs allowed in 7 games,.... 43 hits allowed in 43 innings.

He has really lost it.