Relax. No, I mean it. Relax.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Relax. No, I mean it. Relax.

After I checked the score yesterday, I freaked - for a second or two.

After I checked the score and story lines today, I did it again.  For a minute or two.   I actually threw something {An air punch}.  

And King Felix tomorrow - well, today.  Man, things look bad.

...I'm not without feelings, aftter all.

I was not eager to get on line and see all the suicide notes and angry, bitter stones thrown at the Sox.  I do understand the frustration, but ...

But I'll be darned if I'm throwing this team away after a difficult month.

It was APRIL, for Pete's sake.  Four games under .500

My calendar suggests that there is May, June, July, August, and September yet to go.

BEFORE we enter the playoffs.

Take a BIG breath .... hold it  ... let it out slowly.

Take several, if you need.   Grab a bag ... no - a PAPER bag - and breath slowly into it

1 month down.

5 to go.

Check that, 6 to go ....

I feel your pain.  It's mine, too.

But relax ... 

Kiss your sweetie...

Pet your cat ...

Walk your puppie....

Heck, some of you need to go to confession ... good time to catch up....

And if you have no other life beside our beloved Beantowners - make up an alter ego - an opposite of your worst fears.  See if you can bring him or her to life .... 

Homework checked                      in November!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

Re: Relax. No, I mean it. Relax.

I'm relaxed, just listening to some Weather Report and reaping the benefits of some skin from the game.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Cool.

That's the weather here.  :o)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Again with the "skin".
    I'm almost afraid to ask...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_tC-Bp-Lk4&feature=related

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

You know, harness ...

GM is always fore something ... it's just his outlook on life.

And I don't think he plays golf.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Oh, he plays golf alright. He - Softy - appears to be quite a knowledgeable golfer.
    And I'll bet he plays a very good game. But he tries to transfer that knowledge by making golf/baseball analogies that miss the mark more often than not.

The Caddy/catcher one epitomises this.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In Response to Re: Relax. No, I mean it. Relax.:
    [QUOTE]Oh, he plays golf alright. He - Softy - appears to be quite a knowledgeable golfer. And I'll bet he plays a very good game. But he tries to transfer that knowledge by making golf/baseball analogies that miss the mark more often than not. The Caddy/catcher one epitomises this.
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

Ahh ... yea, forgot that ... 

I play golf, too.  Or rather, played.  All my old golfing buddies died.  

Or live several states away.

Wife never would let me swing much.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmosul. Show dmosul's posts

Relax Relax

When the Red Sox get shut out again today by king Felix will it still be time to relax.

This team WILL NOT make the playoff and will finish 4th in the AL East.

Relax you can alway watch your videos of 2004 and 2007.  This season is over!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from drpjn. Show drpjn's posts

Why not relax?

I mean, hey, we got Wakefield going.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Im still relaxed Yaz. well exept for my one air punch after Dice stunk it up again and right before he threw 2 gems in a row. It is only April, albeit one of their worst April's Ive seen in a while, but Im still optomistic . Im a little worried about Dice-K's elbow and the lack off offense, but like Ive been saying all along...Too much talent on this team to be this bad all season. Ellsbury is starting to shine again in the leadoff spot (right where he should be) and salty has started to hit the ball a bit. May is a new month and I believe we will see the Sox turn it around.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from stewartredsox. Show stewartredsox's posts

I am with you guys as far as relaxed. But, I can't stand watching our offense look like this. It's really been a struggle just sitting and watching our guys swing at terrible pitches. This is concerning because we normally grind out at bats. Even Pedey and Youk are swinging and missing way too much. Crawford looks as though he has given up. Frustration is mounting and here comes the Angels who you no want to kick our butts. We need a couple shut outs pitched or we may be 6 or 7 games under 500 soon. Lets start the new season today with a grinding victory over the King. Lets kick his butt.

Jersey Sox fan

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdaytona. Show jimdaytona's posts

In Response to Relax. No, I mean it. Relax.:
    [QUOTE]After I checked the score yesterday, I freaked - for a second or two. After I checked the score and story lines today, I did it again.  For a minute or two.   I actually threw something {An air punch}.   And King Felix tomorrow - well, today.  Man, things look bad.    ...I'm not without feelings, aftter all. I was not eager to get on line and see all the suicide notes and angry, bitter stones thrown at the Sox.  I do understand the frustration, but ...      But I'll be darned if I'm throwing this team away after a difficult month. It was APRIL, for Pete's sake.  Four games under .500    My calendar suggests that there is May, June, July, August, and September yet to go.   BEFORE we enter the playoffs.   Take a BIG breath .... hold it  ... let it out slowly.   Take several, if you need.   Grab a bag ... no - a PAPER bag - and breath slowly into it    1 month down.    5 to go.    Check that, 6 to go .... I feel your pain.  It's mine, too. But relax ...     Kiss your sweetie...    Pet your cat ...    Walk your puppie....    Heck, some of you need to go to confession ... good time to catch up....    And if you have no other life beside our beloved Beantowners - make up an alter ego - an opposite of your worst fears.  See if you can bring him or her to life ....     Homework checked                      in November!
    Posted by SinceYaz[/QUOTE]

Kumbaya,
    Kumbaya,

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from majormathew. Show majormathew's posts

The redsox started like this last yr and with the Rays and Yanks constantly winning the redsox were not able to recover. Can you really relax when you have the Yanks and Rays in your division with a team that sometimes looks like it can't get out of its own way?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

[QUOTE]The redsox started like this last yr and with the Rays and Yanks constantly winning the redsox were not able to recover. Can you really relax when you have the Yanks and Rays in your division with a team that sometimes looks like it can't get out of its own way?
    Posted by majormathew[/QUOTE]

That was last year. I agree with the OP that you can't write a team off after just 1 month. The Sox will be just fine. They will not play this bad all season.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

I agree with the original post - it is good to relax.

Time to watch the Celtics and Bruins.  Put the Sox way back on the back burner.  Check back in when June rolls around.  This team is too pitiful right now to follow daily and analyze every play.  It will drive you insane.

If they are 22 and 32 - go straight to panic mode.  But even 22- 32 isn't the end of the world.  It is that kind of garbage play that may just get JD Drew out of Boston once and for all.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Is it going to rain today in Boston or something?

Do you think we'll be able to maintain our 11-15 record for one more day?  Please just one more day.  I don't want to get into mid-May and fanstasize about the good ol days in April when we a respectable 11-15 team........

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from xorsed. Show xorsed's posts

If I'm not mistaken, they were further back in the standings last year at this time. And what happened over the next two months? They went on a hot streak and were almost in first place. Then Pedey broke his foot. And other disasters occured. And even then they still fought and had a chance. 

I understand. I feel the frustration. But yes, SinceYaz, let's relax. I'm with you. I'm not writing this team off after one month.

This is baseball people!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

I agree.  Relax and enjoy only being 4 games under 500 whilst being able to maintain the delusion we can somehow pull ourselves out of the basement.  May as well Relax now right?  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from xorsed. Show xorsed's posts

[QUOTE]I agree.  Relax and enjoy only being 4 games under 500 whilst being able to maintain the delusion we can somehow pull ourselves out of the basement.  May as well Relax now right?  
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

4 games under .500 on May 1st and you're saying it's a delusion?? Okay...you go ahead and believe that. Go cry in your corner and wait for next year.

If you truly believe that you better go find a different sport. I hope you're just trolling, cause that was a pathetic thing to say, especially if you call yourself a fan of not just this team, but any team.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

I respect your opinion but some people are realists.

I don't respect your imposing on me what the definition of a true fan is.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConcernTroll. Show ConcernTroll's posts

https://www.facebook.com/people/Andrew-Mitchell/1362870060

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

SO,

all of you little darkings of dark thoughts,

tell me what happened today?

I'll still check you guys at the door when we win the Series. 

... and if by some slim chance we don't,

at least I'll have fun anticipating something good instead of living in the dread fear of something bad.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]Relax Relax When the Red Sox get shut out again today by king Felix will it still be time to relax. This team WILL NOT make the playoff and will finish 4th in the AL East. Relax you can alway watch your videos of 2004 and 2007.  This season is over!
    Posted by dmosul[/QUOTE]

The season is just as over as Felix's shut out today ....

OH YEAH!!!!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

The oddsmakers must be running for the border.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Relax. No, I mean it. Relax. : Kumbaya, Kumbaya,
    Posted by jimdaytona[/QUOTE]

Jim

This is supposed to be a funny poke at me, but I'll take it.  I spent several summers at our church camps singing, "Kumbaya, My Lord, Kumbaya.  Kumbaya, My Lord, Kumbaya."

It was first sung as a vespers song, which is the specific invitiation for the comforting SPirit of God to "Come by here." 

Thus, your joke, is my comfort.  I still ask the Lord to come by here ... where ever that may be.  I specifically ask Him to bless my donut production each evening as I start that it may somehow be of glory to Christ.  I'm blessed to have the work and I want to do the best I can ... and the only way it can be the best is if He's in it helping.

Kumbaya, indeed!