Remember When, and If you can't.........

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from cglassanos. Show cglassanos's posts

Re: Remember When, and If you can't you might not belong here....

Game 7, World Series, 1986: I remember my Papou being really sad and having tears in his eyes and not really understanding.  I was only 5 at the time.  Papou died in early 1992 and never did get to see the Sox or his most beloved Pats win it all. 

Game 7, ALCS, 2003: I cried.  Utter devastation.  Early next morning I hopped aboard a Greyhound from Albany to Boston.  Went from South Station to Cambridge.  Got myself a Sox tattoo and dedicated it to my Papou.  If I loved them that much after losing in such heartbreaking fashion, I figured it was a permanent love affair.

Game 2, ALCS, 2004: My father was admitted to the hospital following a heart attack at age 57.  We watched game 3 from his bedside despite orders from both of his physicians not to do so.  I remember it being the lowest period of my life.

Game 4, ALCS, 2004: My father and I again watched from the hospital.  We all know what happened.  I remember saying at the time, "Eh, whatever.  Doesn't matter.  They still blew their chance.  Just prolonging the inevitable."

Game 4, World Series, 2004: Final out was just recorded... silence throughout the house.  Tears and hugs all around.

That, to me, is why I love this team and, most importantly, this city and greater New England so much.  It's all one big family.

Cheers, Sox fans.  I love y'all.  Your thriftiness, your codger-y nature, your ornery-ness, your plain and simple fare (baked beans, broccoli, broiled cod, baked potato), your work ethic, your passion, and your resiliency.

See you soon, Papou.  Be well.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from chain-reaction. Show chain-reaction's posts

Re: Remember When, and If you can't.........