Report problems on the Talk to BDC forum

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCDottie. Show BDCDottie's posts

Report problems on the Talk to BDC forum

Please report any issues or ask any questions you have about the forums here:

http://www.boston.com/community/forums/misc-musings/talk-to-bdc/150/640

And FYI, Last Read Post, Ignore This User, the ability to post images, emoticons, etc. - in other words, all the features you had before - are on their way. As each one is added back, I'll let you know, although you'll probably notice right away.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

Re: Report problems on the Talk to BDC forum

Please pull down the idiotic article, "Nside the Red Sox Collapse". It's now 16 months later and we do not need a constant reminder. Tito has moved on as have many fans. It's about time the Globe Staff updated it's website. 

Also please read Edith's suggestion about people who abuse this site with multiple IDs. One ID per IP address. 

Hetch

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Helloitsmeagain. Show Helloitsmeagain's posts

In response to EdithBRTN's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Have BDC get rid of all multiple aliases. Allow only ONE alias per IP address. Until you do that I will need to keep coming back in with a new moniker as long as J-Bay ( moderator) keeps banning me for no reason. How do I come back in after he bans me without creating a new alias. Look at my IP address and assign me ONE moniker and monitor me for violations. I commit NO violations. There are many here with multiple aliases, do your filtering by IP address and you will come to that same conclusion. Add it to your BDC forum guidelines / regulations that multiple aliases are not allowed. My guess it that this forum will be reduced from 200 regulars to 50.

If you ban posters for having multiple aliases then do it across the board in one fell swoop. Don't be sporadic or listen to complaints or speculation.  Write some software that sorts posters by IP address and then ban the redundant aliases. It appears that your administrators are being selective instead of consistent. Thank you.

[/QUOTE]

pike, you do realize one can change their IP address, right?

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

There is something wrong with those having different monikers on here.... why would anyone even need to do that other than to deceive....

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

[QUOTE]

To deceive:

To fortify an Army of concern trolls

To add to a Navy of closet Yankee fans

To add to the fraternity of wet bankets, pessimists, whiners.

To keep alive a minority of optimists, pink hats, pollyannas.

To add one more voice to your premise that the Bosox will finish last

All are deception.

[/QUOTE]

And all are really sad and pathetic....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Bill-806 thinks that the board is moving in the right direction......  SAVE, A FEW LIB/LEFT/RAD/SOC/MOONBATS !!!!!     Enjoy all !!   Great job DOTTIE !!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Bill-806 thinks that the board is moving in the right direction......  SAVE, A FEW LIB/LEFT/RAD/SOC/MOONBATS !!!!!"

Nice name calling Bill, classy stuff from you as usual. Funny how you judge people by what they believe whereas I judge them by how they treat people. You might want to try it sometime. 

BDC- glad to hear about the improvements, thanks! Not sure what happened the last few months but if you're going to turn your attention to the forum improvements great!!!!

As for this Pike: "All are deception."

Umm, no. What is crossing the line is having multiple screen names participating in conversations at one time. 

You don't need that. I don't care who the moderator is. One screen name at a time is all you need. Period.

Aside from one screen name at a time, the rest is conversation. Deception has nothing to do with it as we're not here as a trust building exercise.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

Its not the number of monikers that bother me (if there was a good reason for changing)but rather those who use different names at the same time pretending to be someone else. 

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"Bill-806 thinks that the board is moving in the right direction......  SAVE, A FEW LIB/LEFT/RAD/SOC/MOONBATS !!!!!"

Nice name calling Bill, classy stuff from you as usual. Funny how you judge people by what they believe whereas I judge them by how they treat people. You might want to try it sometime. 

BDC- glad to hear about the improvements, thanks! Not sure what happened the last few months but if you're going to turn your attention to the forum improvements great!!!!

As for this Pike: "All are deception."

Umm, no. What is crossing the line is having multiple screen names participating in conversations at one time. 

You don't need that. I don't care who the moderator is. One screen name at a time is all you need. Period.

Aside from one screen name at a time, the rest is conversation. Deception has nothing to do with it as we're not here as a trust building exercise.

[/QUOTE]

BTS, apparently my above post went over your head. My premise is that there are many posters on the BDC Red Sox Front burner who are using multiple aliases. That is why I asked Dottie to have her software staff look into it via looking at IP addresses. You missed me asking that? There are at least 300 different monikers on here and my bet is that 200 of them belong to the other 100. In other words, there are only 100 persons who visit this forum.

Now back to my last post. Of the 200 bogus aliases,  50 might be concern trolls, 50 could be closet Yankee fans, 50 might be phony whiners, and 50 could be trolls saying Sox will finish last. Do you really think for a minute that I am the only one who ever had several different monikers? Mikey had at least 20, Bill-806 has five, Babe had over 100 over time and might have a dozen right now. I would love it if Dottie could boil down the 300 down to 100. Then we might have 30% that act like Red Sox fans instead of the current 5%. This is a widespread problem here. 

[/QUOTE]  Young man,  I give DOTTIE the OK to tell you that I have never had any other moniker than the BILL-806......  Heck, i really don't have the time or desire to be a multiple personalty other than my multiple opinions....  But , you are soooo sure "who is who" on this board !!

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

will the ability to change an avatar and forum signature be given back?

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

http://www.boston.com/community/forums/misc-musings/talk-to-bdc/150/640

I fixed the link.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to Helloitsmeagain's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Have BDC get rid of all multiple aliases. Allow only ONE alias per IP address. Until you do that I will need to keep coming back in with a new moniker as long as J-Bay ( moderator) keeps banning me for no reason. How do I come back in after he bans me without creating a new alias. Look at my IP address and assign me ONE moniker and monitor me for violations. I commit NO violations. There are many here with multiple aliases, do your filtering by IP address and you will come to that same conclusion. Add it to your BDC forum guidelines / regulations that multiple aliases are not allowed. My guess it that this forum will be reduced from 200 regulars to 50.

If you ban posters for having multiple aliases then do it across the board in one fell swoop. Don't be sporadic or listen to complaints or speculation.  Write some software that sorts posters by IP address and then ban the redundant aliases. It appears that your administrators are being selective instead of consistent. Thank you.

[/QUOTE]

pike, you do realize one can change their IP address, right?

[/QUOTE]

Why are you, Babe, on your 1,000th alias, here insulting Sox fans like you're above it all? IMO, if it weren't for Yankee fans and their aliases there wouldn't be any problems here.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to Ben Cheringtom's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to VeniceSox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Its not the number of monikers that bother me (if there was a good reason for changing)but rather those who use different names at the same time pretending to be someone else. 

[/QUOTE]

Poster Kimsaysthis seems to have a handle on the different monikers that Mikey uses during the week.

[/QUOTE]

How do u do it Pike?

[/QUOTE]

Why are you still here posting under multiple aliases? I mean this board has to know who's doing it. If you're doing it using other IP addresses that sounds like a lot of work. So, my guess is it's easily identified under one IP address. This board shouldn't be concentrating on a Sox fan if it's not interested in what Yankee fans are doing under all of their aliases.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to kimsaysthis' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Poster Kimsaysthis seems to have a handle on the different monikers that Mikey uses during the week.

[/QUOTE]

How do u do it Pike?

[/QUOTE]

Why are you still here posting under multiple aliases? I mean this board has to know who's doing it. If you're doing it using other IP addresses that sounds like a lot of work. So, my guess is it's easily identified under one IP address. This board shouldn't be concentrating on a Sox fan if it's not interested in what Yankee fans are doing under all of their aliases.

[/QUOTE]

You are cracked.

[/QUOTE]

And you're Mikey getting a free ride insulting Sox fans while pretending to be above it all. LOL If you had any life at all, you'd pack up your aliases and go live it. I doubt that's gonna happen.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

In response to kimsaysthis's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to kimsaysthis' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

How do u do it Pike?

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You are cracked.

[/QUOTE]

And you're Mikey getting a free ride insulting Sox fans while pretending to be above it all. LOL If you had any life at all, you'd pack up your aliases and go live it. I doubt that's gonna happen.

[/QUOTE]

Mikey has always been saddled with darkness.