Report problems on the Talk to BDC forum

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Re: Report problems on the Talk to BDC forum

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Don't people understand that IP banning doesn't work. You ban one kid at UMass you ban them all. Pretty much all homes having ever changing IP addresses.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytftwofive. Show jaytftwofive's posts

When my computer got fixed in early August it made me change my name. BDC said my name(jaytf25) was already taken when I signed back in? Huh? It made me change my name to jaytf-twofive. Did that happen to anyone else?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

IMO, if it weren't for Yankee fans and their aliases there wouldn't be any problems here. (KST)

Kim

There is a problem right there - you think every issue and concern on this forum should be blamed on Yankee fans.

I am sure Jete doesn't have an alias, Zac and quite a few others including myself. This does not count the time when some posters ID's were frozen when BDC made some format changes. So how exactly are we the problem on this forum? Are there Yankee fans who come here to stir the pot - yes. But no more than Sox fans who look to stir the pot.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In response to mef429's comment:
    [QUOTE]

will the ability to change an avatar and forum signature be given back?

[/QUOTE]

i 2nd that...i want to get gonzo off mine..i want a change.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

In response to EdithBRTN's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to mef429's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to jesseyeric's comment:
    [QUOTE]

IMO, if it weren't for Yankee fans and their aliases there wouldn't be any problems here. (KST)

Kim

There is a problem right there - you think every issue and concern on this forum should be blamed on Yankee fans.

I am sure Jete doesn't have an alias, Zac and quite a few others including myself. This does not count the time when some posters ID's were frozen when BDC made some format changes. So how exactly are we the problem on this forum? Are there Yankee fans who come here to stir the pot - yes. But no more than Sox fans who look to stir the pot.

[/QUOTE]

exactly right. the "issues" on the forum (if you can even call them that) can not be attributed to any one group. its not yankee fans, trolls or pessimistic sox fans.... just crazy people (pike) with nothing better to do.

[/QUOTE]

You can play the fool and keep responding to Georom, Enchilada, ADG, Yazzer, Ben Cherringtom, Babe aliases and many others if you wish to. I won't be. There was a list of whiners / pessimists and it was very accurate but not complete. Keep responding to them also if you have loads of time to waste. They will never change since complaining is in their DNA.  Now we are up to 30 out of 50 regulars, aren't we. Have fun wasting your time debating them while they laugh at you in the New Year.There are only 10-20 regulars that are a pleasure to talk baseball with. It was a lost cause for me to change the posters who waste your time but I will continue to point them out.

[/QUOTE]

u and kim should go start your own forum... actually there are other Baseball forums on the BDC.... why don't you and kim run along now and go hang out in one of those?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to jesseyeric's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Kim

[/QUOTE]

I miss the "good old days" when you used to post in the baseball forum jessey.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

I would like to see an option that the person starting the thread could stop the thread. When there are three of the same title or topic and you come to that realization you should be able to pull the plug on your own creation.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to MadMc44's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I would like to see an option that the person starting the thread could stop the thread. When there are three of the same title or topic and you come to that realization you should be able to pull the plug on your own creation.

[/QUOTE]

And to add to this (if it hasnt already been said) The option to edit the title of the thread too.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Maybe monitor posts a little better. On other sites they dont allow a lot of things that go on here. The name calling and attacks on posters are ridiculous and it seems like its encouraged here...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter55. Show parhunter55's posts

I would really like to have the "ignore" button back.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to parhunter55's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I would really like to have the "ignore" button back.

[/QUOTE]

+1

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Leftymcrighty. Show Leftymcrighty's posts

Please look at the numerous posts and tell me that all these

"quote" "quote" lines make this a readable site.

It's a headache to try to get through a thread, because of this.

Whose idea was this, anyway? It's awful!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter55. Show parhunter55's posts

In response to Leftymcrighty's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I like being able to respond to a certain post by hitting "Reply to this post," as I just did, and posting my comment under a quote from the post I am responding to.  I remember a time when you could not do this.  You had to copy and paste what you were responding to.  The reply button is so much more convenient.  But it should be automatic that the only quote that comes up in your response is the last one in the post you are responding to.  That seems programmably doable.  Problem would be solved. 

That said, posters could do this on their own, by eliminating all the previous quotes they are not responding to.  I have done this because I agree wholeheartedly with you.  It is extremely hard to read posts, which keep getting longer and longer as posters go back and forth responding to one another.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to EdithBRTN's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to parhunter55's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Leftymcrighty's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I like being able to respond to a certain post by hitting "Reply to this post," as I just did, and posting my comment under a quote from the post I am responding to.  I remember a time when you could not do this.  You had to copy and paste what you were responding to.  The reply button is so much more convenient.  But it should be automatic that the only quote that comes up in your response is the last one in the post you are responding to.  That seems programmably doable.  Problem would be solved. 

That said, posters could do this on their own, by eliminating all the previous quotes they are not responding to.  I have done this because I agree wholeheartedly with you.  It is extremely hard to read posts, which keep getting longer and longer as posters go back and forth responding to one another.

[/QUOTE]
    Great post Parhunter. Until BDC recognizes the problem and resolves it, the only solution is to copy the post that you are responding to, paste it to a new post by you, and then type your response below it. It is unbelievable that BDC doesn't recognize it as a serious problem.To copy - highlight the previous post that you want to copy, right click and choose copy. You then start a new post and right click and choose paste. You then type in your response below it. After you do this once, it will be second nature.

[/QUOTE]

That is less readable because you copy the avator. It is also an invcreditbly stupid way to reply to a post since you are really replying to anything.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter55. Show parhunter55's posts

That is less readable because you copy the avator. It is also an invcreditbly stupid way to reply to a post since you are really replying to anything.

Just copied your part of the string of posts.  No avatar.  The highlights and italics were added by me to separate your post from mine.  Works fine.  Absolutley NOT an "invcreditbly stupid way" of replying to a post.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

It takes a special person to hijack and information thread.  Thanks for the info Dottie.  I'm looking forward to getting the ignore feature back.