Robinson Cano Tested positive for PEDs?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Re: Robinson Cano Tested positive for PEDs?

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to nhsteven's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

A topic like this seems to get more sizzle these days than anything else on this board. What does that say?

[/QUOTE]

steven, it's not like any NYY poster ever made reference to a sox players ped use, verified or not.

[/QUOTE]

That wasn't the point; perhaps you just felt the need to respond

[/QUOTE]

no, what was the point ?? 

[/QUOTE]

Apparently, you didn't understand my original post. The point is this forum is dead, but comes alive with salivating hyenas when there is a rumor of a NYY testing positive for PEDs. If Cano was on Sea, I doubt there would be this much action.

[/QUOTE]

nope,  understood it the first time. so my original post stands. 

[/QUOTE]

Well, I don't get it. So we'll leave it at that.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to rightymclefty's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Is this being brought up, because he's been in a big slump? Does that mean anyone who does so is coming off PED usage? Only to simple minded fans and media.

I hate this stuff, because it can taint an innocent player with a false positive.(see Ryan Braun) Like Braun, Cano has been a star from day one, and been tested dozens of times over the years for PEDs.This isn't a case of someone suddenly becoming a super hiter out of nowhere.

Just like the idiot Skip Bayless accusing Jeter of using PEDs. It's just too easy to smear a player with that.

[/QUOTE]

Wow, you actually believe Braun had a false positive? 

He didn't.  He had a real positive.  However, he won his appeal that protocol was not observed when handling the sample.  His appeal was not over the actual test results.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[QUOTE]

Is this being brought up, because he's been in a big slump? Does that mean anyone who does so is coming off PED usage? Only to simple minded fans and media.

I hate this stuff, because it can taint an innocent player with a false positive.(see Ryan Braun) Like Braun, Cano has been a star from day one, and been tested dozens of times over the years for PEDs.This isn't a case of someone suddenly becoming a super hiter out of nowhere.

Just like the idiot Skip Bayless accusing Jeter of using PEDs. It's just too easy to smear a player with that.

[/QUOTE]

I'm usually the first one to ignore the PED accusations without an actual published test result, and I haven't heard any actual news about Cano yet, but I do have to disagree with the logic that being a star from day one is proof of anything.

High school and college kids start taking the stuff, many of them because they think they have no other shot.  Really, what did Braun have to GAIN by taking steroids last year?  He already had his second longterm multimillion dollar contract and was set for life finacially.  It seems to be he would have had much, much more to gain had he started taking steroids when he as in college, and there was a signing bonus and first round draft status on the line, right?  Not that anyone would ever take steroids at University of Miami.

Really, Braun had nothing to gain last year, except status quo.  His big chance was in college, when the alternatives migth have been minor leagues, or worse, a career in his major.  And had he started then, he would certainly have had a better chance of being a star from the day he showed up.  And that is why that logic is far from proof either way...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rightymclefty. Show rightymclefty's posts

So, how do you account for Ryan Braun being tested since he came up years ago, and obviously has a target on his back today, not ever having been shown positive for PEDs? Especially since you have him taking them from birth. They test in college and they test in the minors, as I'm sure you know, but choose to ignore.

Is The Hebrew Hammer so smart, that he has drugs nobody else does? Highly doubtful.

How has he performed so well this season, under all the scrutiny and no Prince Fielder?
    Let me know when you have something concrete and not conjecture.

Oh, and I'll believe what I damned well choose to believe, without yours or anyone else's approval.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]So, how do you account for Ryan Braun being tested since he came up years ago, and obviously has a target on his back today, not ever having been shown positive for PEDs? Especially since you have him taking them from birth. They test in college and they test in the minors, as I'm sure you know, but choose to ignore.

Is The Hebrew Hammer so smart, that he has drugs nobody else does? Highly doubtful.

How has he performed so well this season, under all the scrutiny and no Prince Fielder?

Oh, and I'll believe what I damned well choose to believe, without yours or anyone else's approval.[/QUOTE]+1

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[QUOTE]

So, how do you account for Ryan Braun being tested since he came up years ago, and obviously has a target on his back today, not ever having been shown positive for PEDs? Especially since you have him taking them from birth. They test in college and they test in the minors, as I'm sure you know, but choose to ignore.

Oh, and I'll believe what I damned well choose to believe, without yours or anyone else's approval.

[/QUOTE]

You could make that argument about every player who tests positive.  Why did he get caught now?  First time?

Probably not.  THAT would be a huge coincidence, and I dont believe in coincidence.

Usually it comes down to the tests changing.  The PED industry is always making better, newer, less detectable drugs.  Therefore, in order to keep up, the tests performed for MLB have to change.  As tests change, so do masking procedures. As masking procedures change, players slip up and get caught.

And yes, lots of players take drugs others don't use.  That is how BALCO stays in business.

I actually didn't have any conjecture.  You did.  "I believe what I want to believe" does not turn conjecture into fact.

I stated that a player has always done well is NOT proof that they have never taken PED's.  It isn't.  This is a fact.

I also stated the basis of Braun's appeal was the failure of protocol handling the sample.  It was.  It was NOT a false positive, as you erroneously stated.  There were rumors that his elevated testosterone was the result of a medication he had been taking and he passed a subsequent test, but Braun has never confirmed this despite ample oppurtunities.

Victor Conte of BALCO has stated repeatedly that cheating the system is fairly easy, and has openly stated the methodology (use his rub on Friday and Saturday, as MLB does not test on weekends).  If he has said this publicly enough for me to hear, one can only imagine what he tells athletes in private...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rightymclefty. Show rightymclefty's posts

Everything you've said IS purely conjecture, and nothing specific to Ryan Braun himself is based on fact. "He could have done this. He could have said that. He didn't say this. He didn't say that." Maybe it was Chariots of The Gods? Maybe aliens put PEDs in him? His handlers are so brilliant, he's been taking them since Little League, but he got caught because of new testing. Wow! They need you writing X Files, if it ever comes back on the air.

My daughter's mock trial group would have a field day with your arguments, saying he uses PEDs.

Verbosity doesn't make you right. Sorry.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

Oh Notin, Notin....when will you and your "facts" give in?   Wouldn't it be easier to cave in to the ignorancefest around you?

Dumbitdown.....dumbitdown....smartisbad.....baaaddd.....kill....briedey.....killl'em.....facts....suuuccckkk.....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[QUOTE]

Everything you've said IS purely conjecture, and nothing specific to Ryan Braun himself is based on fact. "He could have done this. He could have said that. He didn't say this. He didn't say that." Maybe it was Chariots of The Gods? Maybe aliens put PEDs in him? His handlers are so brilliant, he's been taking them since Little League, but he got caught because of new testing. Wow! They need you writing X Files, if it ever comes back on the air.

My daughter's mock trial group would have a field day with your arguments, saying he uses PEDs.

Verbosity doesn't make you right. Sorry.

[/QUOTE]

Huh?

I will assume tyhe lateness of the hour is affecting your reading comprehension.  let me sum it up succintly.

I NEVER ACCUSED BRAUN OF ANYTHING.  I SIMPLY STATED YOUR "PROOF" WAS NOT PROOF AND YOUR STORY ABOUT HIS APPEAL WAS INCORRECT.

Nothing else I said was conjecture.  There is a reason none of it is specific to Braun.  I am not accusing him.  However, that his career is a product of prolonged steroid abuse is not something i am going to ignore either.  I dont consider it proven either way. 

However, there is some FACT that he did not have a reported false positive, and his appeal was overturned on the basis of sample handling.  THAT IS NOT THE SAME AS A FALSE POSITIVE, NO MATTER WHAT YOU WANT TO BELIEVE.  THEY ARE COMPLETELY DIFFERENT.  BRAUN DID NOT WIN HIS APPEAL BASED ON WHAT LAB TECHS DID.  HE WON BASED ON WHAT FEDERAL EXPRESS DID.   THIS IS NOT CONJECTURE.  PLEASE USE GOOGLE.

You might consider attendning your daughters mock trial group for educational purposes... 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rightymclefty. Show rightymclefty's posts

Actually, I can't find my glasses, and an having a problem typing.

I'm 4-0 in court trials defending myself. Spare me," the person who defends himself in court.......

As for your buddy, the salami king, I understand he needs to drop his pants to count to 21!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

Now, for once on this forum, I am the one licensed Yankee fan troll who is  going to step up to the plate and dish the real dirt on Cano.  Bottom line as a real Yankee fan: O Lord, please squelch these rumors about Cano right away and make sure that if he did do just a tiny bit of PED's (not enough to matter, of course) that it is blown out of proportion...Why should the graying Yankees be punished because one player has had one or two little hiccups?  It's not like one of Cano's friends has a  batting title on the line or he himself has something  to hide from...So, PLEASE Lord, make sure that MLB takes mercy on Robby, and "doncha know he might be innocent anyway Cano".....Do we wantto see the lifeless Angel fans in a WC spot...Or the "we-cannot-afford-to-fill-the-seats-Tigers fans...And perish the thought of a Crapicana TB series with fans bussed in from Miami...."

On a serious note, Beltre just hit a 2 run homer in the top of the 9th and the Rangers are up 3-1 now on the haplesss Angels...If that score and the probability trends hold up (no guarantee there of course), you are looking at a Yankee-Oakland WC playoff or an O's-A's WCplayoff...It will be fun either way, but the Rangers and Nats in  the WS remains the smartest pick for my moolah, even with the Strassburg shutdown...Like they would never use him in the  playoffs...I doubt that....

BTW, Darvish had a late mid-season meltdown but he has bounced back very, very nicely...Bad news for all the teams (like the Yanks) who distrusted his stuff....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to Soxchemistry's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to carnie's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Soxchemistry's comment:

A level playing field is the issue. No moralizing or sermon is needed. Impose rules that ALL players use PEDs and steroids or else none do. Why is that difficult yo understand?

So you tell me. When has the playing field ever been level?

So you were fine with the Bucky Dent corked bat or a sox player striking out on a spitball? If anything goes then why follow baseball at all.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What are you jabbering about?

Bucky never used a corked bat. About as true as the Cano rumor.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

lol @ braun = innocent.  seriously?  that's like a criminal that get's out of it because he wasnt read his Miranda rights.

god i hope it's true about Cano.

[/QUOTE]

THIS

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

@ sTEVEN - come on pal.  you know damn well that if pedroia got nailed for ped's (or info leaked that he failed) the nyy boards would blow up with that.  yes, there would be threads about 1st round PO potential matchups and who to leave of the PO roster but you dam well know that there would be countless posts on pedey + ped

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]

A topic like this seems to get more sizzle these days than anything else on this board. What does that say?

[/QUOTE]

And yet, it's so bad here, you keep coming back.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

And yet, it's so bad here, you keep coming back.

[/QUOTE]

It sounds like that doesn't say much for me then.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]

@ sTEVEN - come on pal.  you know damn well that if pedroia got nailed for ped's (or info leaked that he failed) the nyy boards would blow up with that.  yes, there would be threads about 1st round PO potential matchups and who to leave of the PO roster but you dam well know that there would be countless posts on pedey + ped

[/QUOTE]

I agree the Pedroia bashers (which should be far & few between IMO) would have fun with his name, but I don't agree about the extent of the reaction amongst NYY fans; of course, there are idiots of all persuasions...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I agree the Pedroia bashers (which should be far & few between IMO) would have fun with his name, but I don't agree about the extent of the reaction amongst NYY fans; of course, there are idiots of all persuasions...

[/QUOTE]  yeah, like the azzhats on the old board who thought it cute bringing up his brother's case every day for a month... 

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

A Yankee on Roids????  Impossible.  I hear they tried testing Jeter but his Urine keeps melting the cups.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

WFAN 20-20 flash just confirmed it

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to pinstripezac's comment:
    [QUOTE]

why not

it's not like you had an credibility B4 this post

so how is pedeys brother doing

[/QUOTE] Zac, as a parent, that's NOT something to make light of...just sayin...