Rockies near deal for Scutaro...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

Re: Rockies near deal for Scutaro...

In Response to Re: Rockies near deal for Scutaro...:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rockies near deal for Scutaro... : De La Rosa will not be starting the season with the Rockeis after TJ surgery.  Her might be back by May. Juan Nicasio has not pitched since being struck on the neck by a line drive last August.  He only started throwing bullpen sessions last month and has yet to face an actual hitter. They won't deal Pomeranz or Alex White in a package for Scutaro, and probably not Tyler Chatwood either.  And you are right about Chacin. However, that still leaves Jason Hammel (most likely candidate if talks resume), Josh Outman, Guillermo Moscoso, Esmil Rogers, and Clay Mortenson, among others.
    Posted by notin[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info...I had forgotten about Rogers.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rockies near deal for Scutaro... : What about Scoot for Barney as comp?  I know, still a pipedream, but it'd be awesome.
    Posted by JB-3[/QUOTE]

How's this to end the Theo issue once and for all:

To Chicago Cubs: Jenks ($6M), Michael Bowden & O. Tejada

To: Boston: Marlon Byrd ($6.5M) & Darwin Barney

To COL: Marco Scutaro ($6M) plus $1M cash & Lars Anderson

To Boston: Jason Hammels

To CWS: Middlebrooks, Swihart, Pimental, & Atchison

To Boston: Gavin Floyd (12:$7M, 13:$9.5M club option  )

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

sox4ever, are you insane? giving up middlebrooks and swihart for gavin floyd? those guys would only be dealt for a front of the rotation starter not number 4. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from caseycsw. Show caseycsw's posts

The stretching of the truth around here is becoming an art.....

“Pray for the dead, and fight like hell for the living.”

-          “Mother” Mary Harris Jones (union and community organizer, born 1837 (Ireland) – 1930 (U.S.))

“You see, until a few weeks ago, it seemed as if Wall Street had effectively bribed and bullied our political system into forgetting about that whole drawing lavish paychecks while destroying the world economy thing. Then, all of a sudden, some people insisted on bringing the subject up again. And their (Occupy Wall Street) outrage has found resonance with millions of Americans. No wonder Wall Street is whining.”

-          Paul Krugman, Princeton economist, N.Y. Times column, 10/16/11

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thomasmtom. Show Thomasmtom's posts

This may be nothing more than the Rockies casting around to determine what middle infielders are available at what price. Keep in mind that the Sox will have RF and LF (for a few weeks) to fill, adding SS to that list could be a problem.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

[QUOTE]This may be nothing more than the Rockies casting around to determine what middle infielders are available at what price. Keep in mind that the Sox will have RF and LF (for a few weeks) to fill, adding SS to that list could be a problem.
    Posted by Thomasmtom[/QUOTE]
    The Sox have people capable of playing SS.
    Right now the Sox have three outfielders and a man learning the job. Only one is sure to play every day. Valentine will have to mix and match with Sweeney, McDonald, and Aviles flanking Ellsbury. If this holds, how does that look to start the season?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rockies near deal for Scutaro... : How's this to end the Theo issue once and for all: To Chicago Cubs: Jenks ($6M), Michael Bowden & O. Tejada To: Boston: Marlon Byrd ($6.5M) & Darwin Barney __________________________________________ To COL: Marco Scutaro ($6M) plus $1M cash & Lars Anderson To Boston: Jason Hammels __________________________________________ To CWS: Middlebrooks, Swihart, Pimental, & Atchison To Boston: Gavin Floyd ( 12 :$7M,  13 :$9.5M club option   )
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

Loved everything til ya got to Gavin Floyd..No way is he worth Middlebrooks, swihart and Pimental...oh, and one of our more reliable BP arms, ATch...Sorry Moon, your over valuing Floyd IMO, by a large margin...Great ideas on the others though :)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SPINJIM59. Show SPINJIM59's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rockies near deal for Scutaro... : The Sox have people capable of playing SS. Right now the Sox have three outfielders and a man learning the job. Only one is sure to play every day. Valentine will have to mix and match with Sweeney, McDonald, and Aviles flanking Ellsbury. If this holds, how does that look to start the season?
    Posted by expitch[/QUOTE]

Can you please name a few that we can not laugh at .

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In response to "Re: Rockies near deal for Scutaro...": [QUOTE]I'd hate to see Scutaro go, but if means getting another solid middle rotation starter, I'm all for it. Posted by RedSoxKimmi[/QUOTE] He still has some value at 35. We will get nothing for him next year and will be stuck until 2014. Why the Sox just don't let Iglesias have his shot, I don't know.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

[QUOTE]sox4ever, are you insane? giving up middlebrooks and swihart for gavin floyd? those guys would only be dealt for a front of the rotation starter not number 4. 
    Posted by redsoxpride34[/QUOTE]
    Over the past three seasons Gavin Floyd ranks 16th among pitchers in Wins Above Replacement, just ahead of Matt Cain and Cole Hamels.

http://www.fangraphs.com/

The White Sox won't be trading Floyd for a 23-year-old high-strikeout, low-walk middle infielder and a lottery-ticket catcher (who can't be traded until August anyway).

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rockies near deal for Scutaro... : How's this to end the Theo issue once and for all: To Chicago Cubs: Jenks ($6M), Michael Bowden & O. Tejada To: Boston: Marlon Byrd ($6.5M) & Darwin Barney __________________________________________ To COL: Marco Scutaro ($6M) plus $1M cash & Lars Anderson To Boston: Jason Hammels __________________________________________ To CWS: Middlebrooks, Swihart, Pimental, & Atchison To Boston: Gavin Floyd ( 12 :$7M,  13 :$9.5M club option   )

Swihart cannot be traded yet, not even as a PTBNL

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from itllnevahapn. Show itllnevahapn's posts

so you want one the top MLB teams wants to put a utlity player at SS at the most important position in the infield yea brilliant, specially when neither has played more than 50 games att SS last year

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

sox4ever, are you insane? giving up middlebrooks and swihart for gavin floyd? those guys would only be dealt for a front of the rotation starter not number 4. 

You grossly overrate Middlebrooks and Swihart, and grossly underrate Floyd.

Out of the top 70 AL starters from 2009-2011, Floyd rates as a good 2-slot starter (15th to 28th) in most important statistical categories.

..Sorry Moon, your over valuing Floyd IMO, by a large margin..

Look what teams have traded or paid free agents quality pitchers lately. Floyd has a relatively low cost contract for his performance level. If anything, I didn't offer enough.

Thank you hill..

"Over the past three seasons Gavin Floyd ranks 16th among pitchers in Wins Above Replacement, just ahead of Matt Cain and Cole Hamels."

http://www.fangraphs.com/ 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

I would take my chances on him. starlin castro was a not a great hitter in the minors and turned into a .300 plus hitter upon getting his shot in the majors.

At age 20, both were in AA.  Castro had a .990 OPS with an 11/9 K/W, and Iglesias had a .672 OPS with a 49/8 K/W.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

The Cubs aren't trading anyone young.  Right now, Byrd can play and Jenks can't.

We'd get robbed on the Scutaro trade.  Giving them $1M values Scutaro and Hammels the same, and Scutaro is far better.

We'd be giving up too much for Floyd, and I've been advocating for him since the off-season started.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

The Cubs aren't trading anyone young.  Right now, Byrd can play and Jenks can't.

Taking Jenks is partial payment for the Theo issue resolution. 

We'd get robbed on the Scutaro trade.  Giving them $1M values Scutaro and Hammels the same, and Scutaro is far better.

Right, I wasn't aware Hammels gets $4.75M in 2012, scratch the $1M payment on Scoot.

We'd be giving up too much for Floyd, and I've been advocating for him since the off-season started.

I won't argue with this, but I am basing this on my opinion that Middlebrooks is over-rated and seeing what other teams are getting for their pitchers.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tom-uk. Show tom-uk's posts

What is the rush?

Let the injury bugs bite and then make a move.

I'd like to see Scutaro traded b/c he is likely to get hurt again, but the next time he may not be able play through it.  His arm is better suited to 2nd of course.

Hopefully Iglesias will play his way into contention come mid-summer and Marco will be traded for a need.  Aviles and Punto as insurance.

I'm content to start with Lester, Beckett, Buch, and Bard for the first couple of months.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tom-uk. Show tom-uk's posts

[QUOTE]The Cubs aren't trading anyone young.  Right now, Byrd can play and Jenks can't. Taking Jenks is partial payment for the Theo issue resolution.  We'd get robbed on the Scutaro trade.  Giving them $1M values Scutaro and Hammels the same, and Scutaro is far better. Right, I wasn't aware Hammels gets $4.75M in 2012, scratch the $1M payment on Scoot. We'd be giving up too much for Floyd, and I've been advocating for him since the off-season started. I won't argue with this, but I am basing this on my opinion that Middlebrooks is over-rated and seeing what other teams are getting for their pitchers.

Theo on comp 

"I think you have to put it in context. In the history of baseball with all the executives that have changed teams, many of which were on lateral moves, let alone those who left for promotions like I did, throughout the history of baseball there's really only been a handful of instances where there's been any compensation whatsoever for executives," Epstein said. "If you wanted to look at precedent, you'd say, 'Well, whether I'm worth nothing, or something,' -- you would probably get some opinions on that if you ask your callers -- the bottom line is when executives change teams there is no compensation. There have been a handful of instances where there is compensation, and that compensation has been pretty reasonable. If you look when Andy MacPhail, who had won two World Series, left on a lateral move from Minnesota to Chicago back in '94, his compensation was like the 30th ranked prospect in the Cubs system and a little bit of cash.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

If they trade Scrubtaro don't worry because though everyone thinks Iglesias can't hit one thing they are sure of is he is a top tier defensive SS! As for the pitching additions everyone seems too think the Sox need, I don't see a great need. 1.2.and three are already penciled in and they already have 5 contenders for spots 4 and 5 and the 5 spot is only a half of season gig until DiceK returns. As it stands right now Bard,Aceves,Miller,Cook,and Padilla are going to jostle for the 4 and 5 spots in the rotation what do the Sox gain by adding Oswalt? He wasn't all that in the NL East and no offence meant but the AL east is an absolute bear!!!! The bullpen is going to be just as good as the first 5 months of last season as Bailey or Melancon replace Paps and even if Bard or Aceves are one of the winners in the rotation shuffle the other will return to the back end of the pen. Miller, Carlson,Hill,Doubrant and Morales will duke it out for the Lefty spot or spots in the pen barring any other acquisitions. While Albers,Atchison,Pena,Bowden and maybe Wilson fight it out for the remaining RHP spots. On paper not having played a single game it doesn't look like a dire situation to me,but what do I know.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

A done deal

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/01/rockies-acquire-marco-scutaro.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+MlbTradeRumors+%28MLB+Trade+Rumors%29

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

http://

Rockies on verge of landing Scutaro for pitcher

By blogs.denverpost.com/rockies/

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickerd2. Show rickerd2's posts

Former #1 pick of the Cardinals, 2007.  Starter, bullpen, AAA depth?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

this guy they got is just fodder for AAA or bullpen duty but im hoping the real part of the deal is coming next...taking that $$$$$ saved and getting Oswalt.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from fireballer58. Show fireballer58's posts

have you been drinking tonight? one of the most laughable trade proposals ive seen on here on awhile!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from fireballer58. Show fireballer58's posts

[QUOTE]The Cubs aren't trading anyone young.  Right now, Byrd can play and Jenks can't. Taking Jenks is partial payment for the Theo issue resolution.  We'd get robbed on the Scutaro trade.  Giving them $1M values Scutaro and Hammels the same, and Scutaro is far better. Right, I wasn't aware Hammels gets $4.75M in 2012, scratch the $1M payment on Scoot. We'd be giving up too much for Floyd, and I've been advocating for him since the off-season started. I won't argue with this, but I am basing this on my opinion that Middlebrooks is over-rated and seeing what other teams are getting for their pitchers.

so you're just saying that you "think" middlebrooks is overrated? so when kenny williams calls up ben and asks for swihart and middlebrooks for floyd and when ben laughs in his face, kenny says "oh no, im sorry i forgot to tell you, i think middlebrooks is overrated, so you should give him to me for a lot less" so you think thats how it works? in that case i think troy tulowitzki and carlos gonzalez are both completely overrated and that michael bowden, pimentel, and atchison are some of the best pitchers in baseball, so the sox should make that happen....bahahahah