Ross on Wednesday?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

Re: Ross on Wednesday?

Salty is fine as long as Farrel doesn't allow him to throw to third base !!

Actually I've been a supporter of Salty all year long but he's made major fielding mistakes, etc in the series so I'm not trusting of him in the 6th game. I know his defense has improved over prior years but he's still a work in process which I'm getting tired of hearing. 

Since Lackey has had a lot of success throwing to Salty it's a natural to go with that combination one more time, but I'm just hoping Salty doesn't make another costly error. Whether the Sox decide to pursue a better catcher in the off season is another matter. At the plate Salty is fine but his defense still leaves a lot to be desired. With free agency coming up for Salty it will be interesting to see if the Sox try to resign or go in another direction.

What other catchers will be available through free agency for the Sox or available through trade and are they upgrades from Salty!!   

Hetch

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to soups's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Agree-with-Dgalehouse's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm for Ross catching in game 6.  I also want  Boggy and Drew playing.

Can anyone here report the new Yazzer?

[/QUOTE]

Salty sealed his fate in game 3.  He won't see another inning behind the plate this series, and maybe not again in a Sox uni. 

[/QUOTE]

The truth is that Salty has had a terrible WS and a mediocre playoffs. However, he HAS done a reasonable job all year. During the season he finished 6th in WAR among all AL catchers with at least 100 PAs and was 5th in OPS-out of 33. Defensively he has improved, but he is still not very good and should have learned a lot from Ross about framing pitches this year. Ross is not going to be a full time catcher next year. Its possible that they might finally give Lavarnway a shot at it, but for whatever reason they seem to have no faith in him. McCann is available, but he will cost a lot more than Salty. Truth is, Salty during the whole season has done a pretty good job. I think that despite his failures in the playoffs (and he has a LOT of company offensively in that regard) he should be resigned if the price is right. I do not expect a repeat performance of his defensive blunders in the future.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to LagunaJose's comment:
    [QUOTE]

McCann was always well recommended by Danny Cater.

[/QUOTE]

PIKE

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to ADG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to charliedarling's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Please do not take Ross out of the line up on Wednesday night. 

Time to ride the hot horse.

[/QUOTE]

The biggest no brainer.

The question would be do you put Victorino back in???????

[/QUOTE]

No brainer on Ross.

Probably no on Victorino.  Maybe use him to PR, PH, or fielding, but we might be better off all-around if we hold him back to G7.