roster

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from natepioneer0350. Show natepioneer0350's posts

roster

I hear people speculating about bringing this guy or that guy.  But then the numbers don't necessarily work out.  So people say get rid of this guy or that guy.

Assuming they carry 12 pitchers and two catchers that leaves 11 position players.  Let's deal with just that.

Outfield--It's safe to assume that there will be Victorino, Gomes, Nava and probably Bradley.  There has been talk of not handing the keys entirely to Bradley and thus bringing in another outfielder.  I think they want to start the Bradley era to some extent, so he will probably make the team.  That's four for sure.

Infield--We are allowing for seven if that's the case.  Pedroia, Ortiz, Carp, Middlebrooks, Napoli and/orDrew and a utility guy.  That's seven

With that there is no room for a RH outfielder

Let's assume they sign Napoli and Drew.  Nap is at first, Drew at Short, Pedroia at second and Middlebrooks and Boegarts are in there too.  They can play B at short and use M at 3rd against lefties and possibly M becomes the emergency 2nd baseman.  Pedroia isn't going to miss many games and we're really talking innings here.  In that case they would have room for another outfielder and with Carp able to play there, you'd have six.

Now if Napoli goes elsewhere, the talk is Corey Hart.  Is he that much of an upgrade over Middlebrooks.  Isn't he really Middlebrooks just six years older.  If Nap goes platoon M and C and have Nava available too.  Drew and Boegarts are at ss and 3B and Middlebrooks can swing over from time to time.

If Drew goes and Napoli stays.  No problem either.  A utlity guy would just be more of a priority.  If they both go, then you look outside at a Corey Hart type.

One thing to keep in mind is that when we talk about getting rid of guys is wheter they are worth more to the Red Sox than anything they could get for them.

Nava, Carp, Gomes fit that bill.  Middlebrooks after last year is down a bit on value.  But he is youg and has a lot of potential.  Hate to see jim realize ir somewhere else with little in return.  It was just two years ago on Reddick.  Let's not be hasty here

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Re: roster

Line-Up             1. Bradley L CF 2. Victorino R RF 3. Pedroia R 2B 4. Ortiz L DH 5. Napoli R 1B 6. Boegarts R 3B 7. Nava S LF 8. AJ L C 9. Drew L SS           Rotation             1. Lester L   2. Lackey R   3. Buck ?   4. Peavy R   5. Doubrant L             Pen             1. Uehara RH Set Up 2. Breslow LH Set Up 3. Tazawa RH Short 4. Workman RH Long 5. Morales LH Long 6. CLOSER R             Bench             1. Ross R C 2. Lavarnway R C 3. Middlebrooks R IF 4. MacDonald R IF 5. Carp L 1B/LHPH 6. Gomes R LF/PH 7. Berry L OF/PR

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

No Mujica or Badenhop? Or Dempster or Miller?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from fl+adam,. Show fl+adam,'s posts

In response to andrewmitch's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Line-Up             1. Bradley L CF 2. Victorino R RF 3. Pedroia R 2B 4. Ortiz L DH 5. Napoli R 1B 6. Boegarts R 3B 7. Nava S LF 8. AJ L C 9. Drew L SS           Rotation             1. Lester L   2. Lackey R   3. Buck ?   4. Peavy R   5. Doubrant L             Pen             1. Uehara RH Set Up 2. Breslow LH Set Up 3. Tazawa RH Short 4. Workman RH Long 5. Morales LH Long 6. CLOSER R             Bench             1. Ross R C 2. Lavarnway R C 3. Middlebrooks R IF 4. MacDonald R IF 5. Carp L 1B/LHPH 6. Gomes R LF/PH 7. Berry L OF/PR[/QUOTE]

Week, week OF, but too many tweaners as well. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to notin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'd have to add Mujica

Dempster is gone

Not sure why I didn't have Miller but he could be added for sure

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'd have to add Mujica

Dempster is gone

[/QUOTE] Berry already left, try Castellanos! Or Mike McCoy!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'd have to add Mujica

Dempster is gone

[/QUOTE]

MacDonald and Berry are gone.

Dempster, on the other hand, is still a member of the Red Sox.

Also, you keep forgetting Badenhop. He is going to be on the 25-man roster...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

My roster is a little outdated I know (but only with the last few guys)

I'll update it shortly