Royals listening to offers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Royals listening to offers

The Royals are listening to offers for Eric Hosmer, Mike Moustakas, Alex Gordon, Billy Butler, and even Wil Myers.

Would you like to see the Sox get one of these players, and if so which one and what offer would you make them?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Re: Royals listening to offers

It is probably worth noting that "listeing to offers" should never be confused with "
    desperately trying to unload for any cost."   A lot of posters on this board have a lot of trouble with that distinction.

The Royals are probably, as usual, desperate for starting pithing.  The Sox have very litttle to offer.  The Royals also actually might not be so interested in prospects, as that is one are a where they have significant depth.   Were they to get invoved with Boston, I would not be surprised if the only 2 names that intereted them were Doubront and De La Rosa, two young and controllable pitchers with MLB experience.

The obvious matchup, of course, will be Tampa.  I could see a trade with the big names being Hellickson and Hosmer in th near future.   Atlanta (Minor, Beachy, Medlen) also might match up, although their needs would certainly not be a 1B, and as they would prefer a RHH OF.

Myers might be available, but in name only.   Unless the Rays give up Matt Moore and his ridiculously friendly paid-like-a#5 contract, I think Myers stays put. 

In fact, I will take it a step further and say the only reason Myers is on the block at all is to let Tampa know how far they will go to get Moore.

Beyond the implications in Tampa, I do not think this will do much for Boston.  Barring taking on the contract of Alex Gordon, I doubt much happens.  The only question really is - what do the Royals want for Gordon?  Doubtful they simply take Doubront and call it even...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

Ben gets his updates from MLBTR so he is on top of it I'm sure.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Actually a lot of GMs and even reporters get updates frm mlbtr...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to Alibiike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ben gets his updates from MLBTR so he is on top of it I'm sure.

[/QUOTE]

and? A lot of GM's do...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

If we can trade for Anderson and sign someone like Marcum or McCarthy, we'd have some starters to trade, such as Doubront, Morales, Tazawa, Mortensen, de la Rosa, Webster and maybe even Aceves (change role). Perhaps there could be a way to get Butler & Gordon for 2 of these starters and some other pieces.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

...Butler's the only fit....

Remember when I told you VMart would be the 12th to 16th best hitting 1Bman in MLB way back when?

You asked me to list the 12-15 guys better than VMart.

One was Butler. You called him a "bum".

I don't expect an admission that I was right and you were wrong (again), but I am now awaiting a crafty spin job or blatant lie.

FYI: Butler: He's "elite" vs LHPs at 1.036 in 2012.

Contract:  13:$8M, 14:$8M, 15:$12.5M club option ($1M buyout)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The Royals are listening to offers for Eric Hosmer, Mike Moustakas, Alex Gordon, Billy Butler, and even Wil Myers.

Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/#UmJT5DwRklxQ12ip.99   Would you like to see the Sox get one of these players, and if so which one and what offer would you make them?

[/QUOTE]

Butler would be the only one I would grab.  Great splits and OBP which is exactly what our team needs.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to craze4sox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to southpaw777's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/#UmJT5DwRklxQ12ip.99  Would you like to see the Sox get one of these players, and if so which one and what offer would you make them?

[/QUOTE]

Butler would be the only one I would grab.  Great splits and OBP which is exactly what our team needs.

[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure I'd call his career .789 OPS vs RHPs "great". although a .348 OBP vs righties is nice.

It's nice to see he is a good 2nd half hitter (.861).

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BMav. Show BMav's posts

I consider Alex Gordon one of the top 15 most valuable commodities in all of baseball. He will cost a megaton in any deal. Maybe as much as Bradley, Barnes, Webster, and Swihart. Probably not the right fit.

Billy Butler should cost less then a 1/3 as much. However, I prefer Naploi for free.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to BMav's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I consider Alex Gordon one of the top 15 most valuable commodities in all of baseball. He will cost a megaton in any deal. Maybe as much as Bradley, Barnes, Webster, and Swihart. Probably not the right fit.

Billy Butler should cost less then a 1/3 as much. However, I prefer Naploi for free.

[/QUOTE]
    Gordon is more of a platoon guy because of his weakness hitting LHP.  Butler would be a better fit for the Sox.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Remember when I told you VMart would be the 12th to 16th best hitting 1Bman in MLB way back when?

remember when I told you that VMart's OPS and catcher and DH switch hitting made him better than all but the superstar 1st baggers and you kept using SLG and 1st base stats.

Butler can only play 1st base and DH,

Butler could probably have a better CERA than VMart catching for his first time ever.

and is now simply an inferior option to the hole created by the "best deal ever" writing off of AGon....

He's a better option than your pipe dream of VMart, or your Loney/Gomez platoon joke.

Butler's not realistic, in terms of trade costs. If the Red Sox wanted that boat, they should have traded for long before now.

You mean when he was a "bum"?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't expect an admission that I was right and you were wrong (again), but I am now awaiting a crafty spin job or blatant lie.

[/QUOTE]

I'd offer : Webster, Brentz, Owens for Butler immediately.  Butler would be a monster add. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to Drewski5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'd offer : Webster, Brentz, Owens for Butler immediately.  Butler would be a monster add. 

[/QUOTE]

KC is pretty loaded with prospects. There has to comea point where they look to make a challenge.

Butler is really more a DH type, and when compared to Napoli, at least Mike can catch (or pretend to) at NL parks so Papi can play 1B.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from makonikyman. Show makonikyman's posts

In response to Drewski5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Might happen for Barnes, Brentz, Owens.....or, Webster,Bradley, Owens....orrrrr...Cecchini, Barnes....IMO...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

He's not that good.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Ah the good ol' Royals, just another owner who should be thrown in to the MLB jail. If they trade any of these players without bringing back a bona-fide MLB experienced player they should have their team operating license revoked.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I have given my specific plans for 2013 and beyond.

Go fetch.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Didn't moon want Mauer?

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I dont think the Sox will give up what it will take to get these guys. The Rays actually match up much better with all their pitching and need for a 1b...Kc needs and wants pitching and can offer a 1b to the Rays. Look for this two being possible trade partners...