RSN and Yank fans of this forum who live in NYC

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

RSN and Yank fans of this forum who live in NYC

We have tried this before, but I will try one more time.

Is anyone interested in getting together at a nice restaurant or bar in Manhattan? I know we have members who live in Brooklyn, Queens, S.I., & The Bronx. Obviously all are welcome. We have discussed this for a couple of years - anyone want to try again?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: RSN and Yank fans of this forum who live in NYC

In response to "RSN and Yank fans of this forum who live in NYC": [QUOTE]We have tried this before, but I will try one more time. Is anyone interested in getting together at a nice restaurant or bar in Manhattan? I know we have members who live in Brooklyn, Queens, S.I., & The Bronx. Obviously all are welcome. We have discussed this for a couple of years - anyone want to try again? Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE] If pike comes, who does he come as?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Sybil??

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

Post this thread over on the Music Forum and you will be able to fill up the main room at Momma Leone's. Zillagod will bring his tuba, he never travels anywhere without it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: RSN and Yank fans of this forum who live in NYC": [QUOTE]Sybil?? Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE] LOL

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

In Response to Re: RSN and Yank fans of this forum who live in NYC:
    [QUOTE]Post this thread over on the Music Forum and you will be able to fill up the main room at Momma Leone's. Zillagod will bring his tuba, he never travels anywhere without it.
    Posted by lowelll[/QUOTE]

Go somewhere that you are welcome - let's say a landfill.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

Landfill? I've already been to Staten Island, don't like it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from teilhardian. Show teilhardian's posts

I grew up in the city but now I work in upstate NY, jessey.  Otherwise I would definitely be there...Hope you can get a group together.....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

[QUOTE]I grew up in the city but now I work in upstate NY, jessey.  Otherwise I would definitely be there...Hope you can get a group together.....
    Posted by teilhardian[/QUOTE]

Do you live in the Finger Lakes area?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from teilhardian. Show teilhardian's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: RSN and Yank fans of this forum who live in NYC : Do you live in the Finger Lakes area?
    Central NY area, lowell....My wife loves it here, and the cost of livng is very low....So a $75,000 NY State salary goes a long way.....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

Would love to come jessey but I live in the washington dc area.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Jess,
      Just so you know the offer isn't appreciated ...

I'd be more than happy to come...but FingerLakes (@200 miles away)...

ANd I can only pedal about 25- 30 miles a day at my age.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

[QUOTE]Jess,   Just so you know the offer isn't appreciated ...   I'd be more than happy to come...but FingerLakes (@200 miles away)...   ANd I can only pedal about 25- 30 miles a day at my age.
    Posted by SinceYaz[/QUOTE]

TeilHardian, another man of the cloth, is your neighbor up there in Central NY. Go have a beer with him.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

FWIW, I plan on catching the opening day RS/Det game at the Hairy Monk (RS bar).  I'm short on details, but it's around 28st street on the east side.  Thursday 4/5 at 1:05, should be Beckett v Verlander.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from teilhardian. Show teilhardian's posts

[QUOTE]FWIW, I plan on catching the opening day RS/Det game at the Hairy Monk (RS bar).  I'm short on details, but it's around 28st street on the east side.  Thursday 4/5 at 1:05, should be Beckett v Verlander.
    Posted by Joebreidey[/QUOTE]
    The only cloth I wear, lowell, is sackcloth...With ashes, of course, whenever those dang Red Sox beat my Yankees (actually I look stunningly handsome in that garb)...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from teilhardian. Show teilhardian's posts

I am impressed, since yaz, that your first thought is to cycle to from up there...I am a runner, but cycling down to the city....never.  So maybe its true there are only 3 automobiles in the entire Finger Lakes region, and one very overpriced car rental joint...Or is that another one of those urban myths...Uh, oh...Did I say "myth"...I better watch out before I end up starting another one of those troublesome religion threads....Like a "religion and steroids" thread with an initial post about diocesan priests juicing up before Midnight Mass...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from teilhardian. Show teilhardian's posts

[QUOTE]Landfill? I've already been to Staten Island, don't like it.
    Missed this before, lowell, and it's both good news and bad news for you. The good news: an acerbic quip from you that is actually funny...The bad news: I am a native Staten Islander, and we are a fiercely proud bunch. Indeed, patriotic Staten Islanders like "Big Georgie" De Cicco have been known to give individuals who fail to appreciate the native charm of the borough of Richmond a free tour of Fresh Kills.  And apparently, some like it so much, they never leave...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "RSN and Yank fans of this forum who live in NYC": If pike comes, who does he come as?
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

Whichever alias he chooses he will show up in a skirt.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

[QUOTE]FWIW, I plan on catching the opening day RS/Det game at the Hairy Monk (RS bar).  I'm short on details, but it's around 28st street on the east side.  Thursday 4/5 at 1:05, should be Beckett v Verlander.

Looks like a wicked cool place....http://www.thehairymonknyc.com/index.html

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

I can certainly sit through a Boston/Detroit game wearing a Yankee hat Tongue out.

if everyone else is good with this, I am all in.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]I am impressed, since yaz, that your first thought is to cycle to from up there...I am a runner, but cycling down to the city....never.  So maybe its true there are only 3 automobiles in the entire Finger Lakes region, and one very overpriced car rental joint...Or is that another one of those urban myths...Uh, oh...Did I say "myth"...I better watch out before I end up starting another one of those troublesome religion threads....Like a "religion and steroids" thread with an initial post about diocesan priests juicing up before Midnight Mass...
    Posted by teilhardian[/QUOTE]

How about urban legend, then, as a term? 

:o)

The wife has a car.  I don't drive.  My brain goes on these little excursions called seizures ... could be terribly messy if they happen at the same time I am playing Mario Andretti Jr.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: RSN and Yank fans of this forum who live in NYC : I can certainly sit through a Boston/Detroit game wearing a Yankee hat . if everyone else is good with this, I am all in.
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

It used to be the opening day at YS was a regular get together for the lads.  YS got too popular and it became impossible to get tickets and the crowd was maturing, so that faded away.

A few years ago, I had carry forward vacation I had to use, so I took off openoing day.  The world looks so much different when diner is half-empty, and you don't know a person at the bar because you are never there in the afternoon.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from teilhardian. Show teilhardian's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: RSN and Yank fans of this forum who live in NYC : How about urban legend, then, as a term?  :o) The wife has a car.  I don't drive.  My brain goes on these little excursions called seizures ... could be terribly messy if they happen at the same time I am playing Mario Andretti Jr.
    Posted by SinceYaz[/QUOTE]
    Wasn't sure why you don't drive, but I hope you didn't mind the light hearted teasing....A cousin of mine from Ireland has epilepsy, and doesn't drive, but she really never talks about it (which I respect).  She still feels a degree of shame about it.  Indeed, I give you a lot of credit for talking about it because a lot of individuals with epilepsy struggle with the stigma.  People like yourself give hope to everyone else because of the self-confidence and class you show by being open about it.  Especially on this forum, where people can every now and then rip you to shreds for little or nothing...Hats off to you, Bill...Take care and God bless, my man...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

Having the get together in NYC might be timely since the Atheists and Agnostic National Conventions are being held in MSG in July of this year.