Rubby coming Pedro Beato going.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Rubby coming Pedro Beato going.

It was reported on WEEI Rubby DeLaRosa will be promoted to the Sox. He was scheduled to start for the PawSox today so he's on his normal rotation. Maybe he'll get a chance to play this time--it's possible he will be optioned when Workman is ready.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

Re: Rubby coming Pedro Beato going.

Lets just hope he doesn't follow his last start. Got hit pretty hard.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

I can't wait to see that 99 mph fastball. He does have that , doesn't he ?  I mean that is what I heard. Let's see if that was true.

Stabbed by Foulke.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mvpyouk20. Show mvpyouk20's posts

cant be any worse then beato, god sakes why in the world was he even in? jesus farrell cost the sox a game last night big time...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to mvpyouk20's comment:

cant be any worse then beato, god sakes why in the world was he even in? jesus farrell cost the sox a game last night big time...

Yes, it was Farrells fault that Beato gave up a HR, and I suppose if Britton came in and gave up a bomb it would be Farrells fault too? You sir, are brilliant! All 465 posts over the last 4 years.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

I can't wait to see that 99 mph fastball. He does have that , doesn't he ?  I mean that is what I heard. Let's see if that was true.

Stabbed by Foulke.

His scouting report says he can reach 98-100 if he "reaches back"

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to 37stories' comment:

[QUOTE]

Stabbed by Foul

[/QUOTE]

My advice to him would be , " reach back."

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from boboinfla. Show boboinfla's posts

In response to mvpyouk20's comment:

I really have a hard time criticizing Farrell. He has his own "Morgan Magic". He has done a  fine job restoring the Sox after Bobby V destroyed the team.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

Beato made a bad pitch last night, but he has done pretty well when called upon in his role this year for the Red Sox.  He certainly has performed better than expected and is not just an arm to necessarily toss away at this point.

With that said, DeLaRussa may be better, equal or not as good.  Only time will tell.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to charliedarling's comment:

Beato made a bad pitch last night, but he has done pretty well when called upon in his role this year for the Red Sox.  He certainly has performed better than expected and is not just an arm to necessarily toss away at this point.

With that said, DeLaRussa may be better, equal or not as good.  Only time will tell.

Actually, If you look at the pitch, Ross went down and hooked it out. Its was a good pitch that Ross just got. Weve seen him do that when he was here. But I agree, Beato has been pretty good.

I hope DeLaRosa is better. Hes been very inconsistent as a starter, but scouts say if the Sox just let him rear back for an inning, his "stuff" would play out better in the pen and he should consistently sit in the high 90's.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Stabbed by Foul

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He probably should...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Stabbed by Foul

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He probably should...

[/QUOTE]

We all should. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Time to see what this boy has .....  Looking forward to it !!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

100 MPH is as hitable as 80 MPH if it doesn't have some movement.

We may not see him if Peavy is on his game and stays under 100 pitches.

Like you, Bill,  I'd like to see what hes's got.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Stabbed by Foul

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He probably should...

[/QUOTE]

We all should. 

[/QUOTE]

I reached back this morning, myself.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

I'm glad they called him up. You got to bring kids up. Tough times, but you never know.

Welcome to Boston

OHHHHHhhhhhh  RUBBBBbbbbyyyy... just mow those batters down.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Stabbed by Foul

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He probably should...

[/QUOTE]

We all should. 

[/QUOTE]

I reached back this morning, myself.

[/QUOTE]

I did too.....And I think I pulled something Tongue Out

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to MadMc44's comment:

Not even remotely true.  However, a four 100mph pitch is no better than an 80mph pitch if neither are nowhere near the strike zone.  Ask Daniel Bard if you doubt me.  And happen to know where he is.

In fact, a 100mph fastball would be a four-seamer, which would have negligible movement.  Too often I see fans out here braggng about some kid who throws "99mph with movement".  The irony is that a 99mph fastball, if anyione could throw a 2-seamer that hard, would actually have LESS movement than a 93mph 2-seamer, since it would be about 3 feet ahead and therefore have less distance to break. 

There is a reason nearly every pitcher throws the 2-seamer in the 92-94mph range; it is the optimum speed for pitch movement... 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to notin's comment:

In response to MadMc44's comment:

[QUOTE]

Not even remotely true.  However, a four 100mph pitch is no better than an 80mph pitch if neither are nowhere near the strike zone.  Ask Daniel Bard if you doubt me.  And happen to know where he is.

In fact, a 100mph fastball would be a four-seamer, which would have negligible movement.  Too often I see fans out here braggng about some kid who throws "99mph with movement".  The irony is that a 99mph fastball, if anyione could throw a 2-seamer that hard, would actually have LESS movement than a 93mph 2-seamer, since it would be about 3 feet ahead and therefore have less distance to break. 

There is a reason nearly every pitcher throws the 2-seamer in the 92-94mph range; it is the optimum speed for pitch movement... 

[/QUOTE]

How DARE you talk logic on this board!!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

I don't think we've seen Ue throw a ball over 90-92 this season--his balls move. What a find he has been. Forget Pap please--nothing but trouble --let those "Knowledgeable" Philly fans enjoy every last drop of him

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Fastabll velocity itself is very, very overrated.  I'd rather have a pitcher who threw 90-92 and could throw a strike than a pitcher who throws 98mph anywhere.   Fans see that 99mph radar gun reading and think how sexy it is.  "Potential closer," is the new label.  Why all fans thin a closer NEEDS a 99mph fastball is beyond me.   So all those pitches that got hitters out for innings one thru eight stop working in the ninth?  (And all those closers who racked up save after save without ever reaching 90mph on the gun were ineffective?   Thank you, but I will take Dan Quisenberry or Doug Jones over Matt Lindstrom or Joel Zumaya anyday.)

Control is the key.  Throw striked and even the besty get themsevels out 7 out of 10 times.   And command is even better than control.   De la Rosa has had some walk-itis issues throughout his career.  hopefully has can overcome them.

He also has to stop that inverted "W" throwing motion.  That has been linked to legitimate arm issues...

“Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me. Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.”

-Shel Silverstein

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to notin's comment:

Fastabll velocity itself is very, very overrated.  I'd rather have a pitcher who threw 90-92 and could throw a strike than a pitcher who throws 98mph anywhere.   Fans see that 99mph radar gun reading and think how sexy it is.  "Potential closer," is the new label.  Why all fans thin a closer NEEDS a 99mph fastball is beyond me.   So all those pitches that got hitters out for innings one thru eight stop working in the ninth?  (And all those closers who racked up save after save without ever reaching 90mph on the gun were ineffective?   Thank you, but I will take Dan Quisenberry or Doug Jones over Matt Lindstrom or Joel Zumaya anyday.)

Control is the key.  Throw striked and even the besty get themsevels out 7 out of 10 times.   And command is even better than control.   De la Rosa has had some walk-itis issues throughout his career.  hopefully has can overcome them.

He also has to stop that inverted "W" throwing motion.  That has been linked to legitimate arm issues...

“Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me. Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.”

-Shel Silverstein

Hes already had TJS. Workman has the same thing as well, which worries me a bit. hes a bigger guy though and might be able to withstand it a bit longer than the 5'10 RDLR.

RDLR has a ++ cange up and a decent slider, which is why I think being a closer would benefit him more. Throwing 100MPH is nice, but if you cant fins the Kzone it doesnt matter what the gun says. His control issues do worry me going forward, but Im hoping/wondering "letting it go" for 1IP will benefit him more.