Rumors of Papi's Demise Have Been Greatly Exaggerated !

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Re: Rumors of Papi's Demise Have Been Greatly Exaggerated !

In response to NerdatMIT's comment:

Tag Team, Softlaw and Moonslav - good for the Forum gullible. A staged cat fight. All phoney, all fake. Note that they come here and leave at the same exact hour. Today AWOL and both arrive here in the last hour.

Paranoia is an unhealthy mental state. Get help.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

Ortiz didn't do his job today or tonight. He's paid to slug, not single and go station to station. If he deosn't start slugging over the the fences and deep in the gaps, he's de facto done. No one has been a bigger supporter of Ortiz, but the 2 year contract was embarrassing. This should be his final season, and 2011 was probably his last high slugging production full season.

S. Drew has hit an embarrassing rock bottom, the only way is to either go up or go to sleep.

Good point Stiffy!  Every power slugging DH sould be expected to hit about 400 - 500 HR per season.  Every at bat should be a HR.  If we ease your standards, perhaps every other AB.  They should have at least 250 HR per season.

Papi stinks!  Stiffy is a geneous!

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

Ortiz didn't do his job today or tonight. He's paid to slug, not single and go station to station. If he deosn't start slugging over the the fences and deep in the gaps, he's de facto done. No one has been a bigger supporter of Ortiz, but the 2 year contract was embarrassing. This should be his final season, and 2011 was probably his last high slugging production full season.

S. Drew has hit an embarrassing rock bottom, the only way is to either go up or go to sleep.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to devildavid's comment:

Tag Team, Softlaw and Moonslav - good for the Forum gullible. A staged cat fight. All phoney, all fake. Note that they come here and leave at the same exact hour. Today AWOL and both arrive here in the last hour.

Paranoia is an unhealthy mental state. Get help.

Check out the threads every day. Moon and Softlaw come here every day at the same time and also leave together. Many here are starting to believe that they are plants from the Globe backroom.   Combined together they generate many posts and thus revenue for the Globe.

I was here all day. Your data is flawed, as is your brain.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Many here are starting to believe that they are plants from the Globe backroom.  

Where are your followers on this absurd claim?

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

David Ortiz is a Sox icon. Deserves all the respect in the world.  But , seriously , he can't DH in both games of a doubleheader ?  Give me a break .

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

David Ortiz is a Sox icon. Deserves all the respect in the world.  But , seriously , he can't DH in both games of a doubleheader ?  Give me a break .

Guess he's not as tough as you are.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to devildavid's comment:

Guess he's not as tough as you are.

I am tougher than you would care to deal with. 

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

We are all hurting on today's two losses when we had good pitching. Take it like a man and don't come here to the Red Sox forum and blame it on fellow Red Sox fans. That is a character flaw. Suffer by yourself. 

From the expert on character flaws himself.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

In response to RSF4Life234's comment:

Could not agree more mef. When people start knocking papi for his speed it becomes clear that they must not know much about baseball.

Not to mention the part about Papi 'turning into a banjo hitter' because none of his 5 hits in 2 games have been home runs.

Didn't you know baseball stats are most relevant at incriments of five at bats. It's not like they play 162 games or anything.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

Why do you spend all your time trolling baseball forum? You get mad about litterally everything. Take a chill pill homie.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

As ever, just read what Bill has to say on anything and assume the opposite will happen.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Eh -- not really an issue. Guy just came off the DL. Yeah, it's just DH but still, I have no problem with easing him back in the lineup for the first week or two.

Let's see how things go moving forward. Better to be safe than sorry. If babying him (for lack of a better word) means he has not setbacks and is in the lineup all year, that's perfectly fine.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

As always, it's easy to manage a baseball team from the armchair.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to royf19's comment:

Eh -- not really an issue. Guy just came off the DL. Yeah, it's just DH but still, I have no problem with easing him back in the lineup for the first week or two.

Let's see how things go moving forward. Better to be safe than sorry. If babying him (for lack of a better word) means he has not setbacks and is in the lineup all year, that's perfectly fine.

Well said...I could not agree more. I don't have an issue with him easing back into the lineup either. Sometimes you have to look at the long term picture over the short term one.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

What say you, BILL?

YES, 2 big games for the "BIG GUY"  !!!  4 singles, 1 double and the SOX have lost 2 out of the 3 games he has played in ........ Please don't forget that the game they won was "saved" by NAVA's home run just after PAPI's no out double play with 2 men on !!!!!   What say I,  need a little more sample, but one thing for sure, the Sox are now a slower team and the "Papi shift" will continue to eat him up !!!!    Just my Baseball OPINION  !!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Yeah, who needs a .6125 hitter. He's a union slug, bum, butcher, blah, blah, blah...