Rumors of Papi's Demise Have Been Greatly Exaggerated !

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: Rumors of Papi's Demise Have Been Greatly Exaggerated !

In fact, you wanted Lester traded for Santana, back when I said it would be a great thing when he ends up with the Mets becuase he'll break down because of a high stress delivery. You argued at length about how durable Santana was.

Get your facts straight for once.

It was Buch not Lester.

I never argued about Sanatan's duability. That was someone else. 

I have admitted I was wrong on that deal suggestion from years and years ago. The fact that you have to go that far back to find something I got wrong speaks volumes.

The fact is, you have suggested nothing of significance to improve our staff, and every player you have suggested lowball offers to be our next starting pitcher has failed miserably that next season, if they even play at all (see Ben Sheets).

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

No homers again for Papi, just a lousy 2 for 4 night with a double. That .529 OBP and .688 SLG% is useless. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

No homers again for Papi, just a lousy 2 for 4 night with a double. That .529 OBP and .688 SLG% is useless. 

How he beat out that double tells you that the leftfielder was in shock when he saw him running..... Keep your eye on the HEEL  !!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I can almost sense you are hoping the heel injury takes him out for more time.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

NO MOON, not at all..... Im glad to see him back, as long as he can perform...... I would like to think that as a "BASEBALL MAN" like you, you would have a "concern" going forward from bat to bat !!!

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

NO MOON, not at all..... Im glad to see him back, as long as he can perform...... I would like to think that as a "BASEBALL MAN" like you, you would have a "concern" going forward from bat to bat !!!

Of course I'm concerned. Of course Papi is at a point in his career where injury and steep decline could be right around the corner, if not upon us already, but he has been pretty healthy over the years, despite his "conditioning". His heel injury could continue to haunt him, but his HR rate and OB skills actually improved from the 2008-2009 combined seasons. 

In a tiny sample size this season, I see no reason to suspect he has lost the ability to hit. His ability to stay on the field is certainly a topic of debate. I know you are a true Sox fan, BILL. I'm sorry for doubting your loyalty, but I do think you are going overboard on this continuous assault on Papi's health.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

The fact is, you have suggested nothing of significance to improve our staff,

The fact is that better defense improves "our staff". It won't be long until the current defense starts getting exposed as the competiton gets keener and the season goes deeper.

Ortiz's splits mean nothing for a punch and judy guy with bad wheels. If he starts 130 or more games, he will be exposed and you won't be posting his plits. You will be crying like you were in Wakefield and no market. You fail to see the obvious, and have the planning skills of Red Sox managment.

The greatest part about prognostications of failure is that you can always push them further into the future in order to save face.  They are convenient that way.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

The fact is, you have suggested nothing of significance to improve our staff,

The fact is that better defense improves "our staff". It won't be long until the current defense starts getting exposed as the competiton gets keener and the season goes deeper.

Ortiz's splits mean nothing for a punch and judy guy with bad wheels. If he starts 130 or more games, he will be exposed and you won't be posting his plits. You will be crying like you were in Wakefield and no market. You fail to see the obvious, and have the planning skills of Red Sox managment.

No, you fail to understand my positions and continually create strawmen to argue with.

I have always been for improving our SS defense. To imply otherwise is just plain dishonest. I have wanted Iggy as our starting SS for longer than you. I also did not try and pretend that Lugo was still a decent fielder after the injuries set in, as you did.

I wanted JBJ as our starting CF'er this year. You wanted him in LF, once it was clear Jacoby was not going anywhere. I have taken plenty of flack for being critical of Ellsbury's defense.

I was not for the Victorino signing due to his poor offense vs RHPs, his age, and his apparent recent decline, but I did realize his fielding was a plus. You did not. You were too blinded by the dollar amount, and so had to fault every aspect of his game. (As always)

I was not for bringing VMart back as our catcher and 1Bman, in part because of his fielding. You gushed and blushed over him, and were even suggesting we acquire him this winter. Yeah, that would have improved our defense! (What a clown!)

Why try and get my positions right just once? It shouldn't be that hard to do.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Yeah, Papi is now "Punch & Judy".

He's punching Judy softlaw all over town.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Papi  .550/.571/.850/1.421

Carp .438/.471/.813/1.284

Nava .310/.425/.552/.977

This has got to be killing softy.

Strumming his pain with his dingersStinging his life with his yardsKilling softy with his gong

Killing him softly with his gong

Recking his whole life with his yardsKilling him softly with his yards
    I heard softy smoked a good bongI heard he had some gileAnd so he came to bash himAnd throw Papi on the pileAnd there he was this clown boy

Stranger than all the guys

Strumming my pain with his fingers

Singing my life with his wordsKilling me softly with his songKilling me softly with his song

Yelling at the whole site with his words

He felt all flushed with feverEmbarrassed by the crowd

He hoped he might feel better

But Papi went yard and  loudHe prayed that he'd be finishedBut Paps just kept right on
    Drumming his pain with his dfingersStinging his life with his yardsKilling softy with his gongongKilling him softly with his gongTelling my whole life with his wordsKilling me softly with his song

Strumming my pain with his fingers

Singing my life with his wordsKilling me softly with his songKilling me softly with his song

Yelling at the whole site with his words

Strumming his pain with his dingersStinging his life with his yardsKilling  softy with his gongKilling him softly with his yardsYelling at the whole site with his words

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Wake

Santana

Wake

Santana

Wake

Santana...

You know you are on a big losing streak when you have to bring up ancient history to divert from your clowninsh bufoonery.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Your loyalty is as strong as your integrity.

Maybe Papi won't last the two year. Maybe he won't last 2 months. Maybe not 2 weeks. Two days. I'm not going to venture to guess on something as creepy as a DL time lottery pick. You have cornered that dark market. Enjoy your sick little world.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Papi is awesome!

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

Papi's banjo twangs again.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to ConanObrien's comment:

Great time to trade Ortiz, since he'll never make to retirment at the end of 2014 without becoming Tim Wakefield and "the fans deserve a chance to see me".

I was Ortiz's biggest defender, until this winter. I don't blame him for taking advantage of Cherry, but his chance to retire with the Red Sox should be a Nomar 1 day contract. Great time to trade him, now.

Liar

"Papi's greatest supporter" wanted him demoted to AAA after his slow start a few years ago, then throws lies around saying I and others wanted Papi cut, when all I asked for was a demotion from 3rd in the line-up to 5th or 6th vs RHPs and 6th or 7th vs LHPs.

Last summer, he called me a "racist" for low-balling a suggest 2 year contract offer that included many incentive. A few short weeks later, softy was suggesting a lower offer than mine was. Thus is the circle jerk clown absurdity that is softy.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to ConanObrien's comment:

Great time to trade Ortiz, since he'll never make to retirment at the end of 2014 without becoming Tim Wakefield and "the fans deserve a chance to see me".

I was Ortiz's biggest defender, until this winter. I don't blame him for taking advantage of Cherry, but his chance to retire with the Red Sox should be a Nomar 1 day contract. Great time to trade him, now.

Liar

"Papi's greatest supporter" wanted him demoted to AAA after his slow start a few years ago, then throws lies around saying I and others wanted Papi cut, when all I asked for was a demotion from 3rd in the line-up to 5th or 6th vs RHPs and 6th or 7th vs LHPs.

Last summer, he called me a "racist" for low-balling a suggest 2 year contract offer that included many incentive. A few short weeks later, softy was suggesting a lower offer than mine was. Thus is the circle jerk clown absurdity that is softy.

You know whats better than Papi, Carp, and Nava making softserve look even dumber than he already is? The fact that I put him on ignore, and now because of some "glitch" or some other higher power, I cant even "unignore" him now if I wanted to...I think its a sign. A good one.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

You know whats better than Papi, Carp, and Nava making softserve look even dumber than he already is? The fact that I put him on ignore, and now because of some "glitch" or some other higher power, I cant even "unignore" him now if I wanted to...I think its a sign. A good one.

Now, if Drew starts hitting, softy's gonna blow a gasket.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Now, if Drew starts hitting, softy's gonna blow a gasket.

Yup, that'll def make him go overboard.