Ryan Braun

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Ryan Braun

Ryan is still one of my favorite players regardless of the PEDS.  I predict he will have another huge year while the Brewers continue to struggle.  If Ryan comes up big again you won't find 5 better players in the game. 

This is the type of player we need long term in the middle of our lineup and certainly have enough bait to go after one. 

Papi won't be around forever!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

Re: Ryan Braun

We might not be able to get Braun, and missed out on Peralta, but I hear Nelson Cruz is still available. Maybe a Bartolo Colon reunion, too? Heck, the Yankees might even give us A-Rod at this point.

(Sorry for the sarcastic response, but there's no way I'd take Braun at this point, with the reputation of a cheater and a liar forever attached to him. We are not that desperate for a bat.)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Unless he really apologizes, I wouldn't take him for free.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from djcbuffum. Show djcbuffum's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What more apology do you need? He's admitted he lied, cheated, and let down the team and fans. He has had dinner with the man he slandered, and with his family; the content of their conversation is none of our business. What more do you expect?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Just remember guys like Manny (proven PED user) and even David (unproven) at one point may have also taken, along with hundreds more across the league.  Both David and Papi have helped us win 3 WC's but little is said about that. 

Everyone makes mistakes, people like AROD who can't handle what happens after are the only ones that have no business getting a second chance?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to djcbuffum's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What more apology do you need? He's admitted he lied, cheated, and let down the team and fans. He has had dinner with the man he slandered, and with his family; the content of their conversation is none of our business. What more do you expect?

[/QUOTE]

He also called every season ticket holder and personally apologized.  On the apology front, Braun has gone above and beyond the call.  The biggest remaining issue is how good of a player he will be.

I do doubt he will be the elite hitter he has been, but really, he is not going to be useless either.  The worst case scenario for this guy is probably Alex Gordon.  But is Alex Gordon a player you would pay $100mill+ to over 5 years?  I think he falls somewhere in between Gordon and his former self, but probably closer to Gordon than you might like in that pretty vast grey area.

Milwaukee appears to at least be content giving him another chance, having already told the Mets he is not available.  The conversation was apparently very brief, per Sandy Alderson, who reportedly asked "What about Ryan Braun?" and nothing more before being rebuffed curtly.  At a minimum, this tells me that if Braun is available, he is not available cheaply.  You gotta dazzle Bob Melvin for a longer answer...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to craze4sox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Just remember guys like Manny (proven PED user) and even David (unproven) at one point may have also taken, along with hundreds more across the league.  Both David and Papi have helped us win 3 WC's but little is said about that. 

Everyone makes mistakes, people like AROD who can't handle what happens after are the only ones that have no business getting a second chance?

[/QUOTE]

Moving past mistakes is one thing, but what is Braun without PEDs?  How long has he been using?  He failed a test (unlike Ortiz) from the curent policy, and been linked to a supplier.  And really, might have been usng going back to college.  Certainly PEDs are available at University of Miami for someone who looks hard enough.

Manny did fail twice, but both tests were in his waining years and not in Boston, or in any of his prime and developing years.  We really don't know if he used in Boston at all, but we do know he passed every test.  Ditto Ortiz, except his alleged failure was from BEFORE coming to Boston, and he has passed every test here and not been linked to someplace like Biogenesis.  And even his alleged failure only came in the form of a press leak of questionable veracity, and was prior to the existing PED policies, back in the days when baseball's drug policy was an overly complicated statement that essentially said "do not break the law", and was actually insitituted to get rid of MLB's rampant cocaine problem...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to notin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He also called every season ticket holder and personally apologized.  On the apology front, Braun has gone above and beyond the call.  The biggest remaining issue is how good of a player he will be.

I do doubt he will be the elite hitter he has been, but really, he is not going to be useless either.  The worst case scenario for this guy is probably Alex Gordon.  But is Alex Gordon a player you would pay $100mill+ to over 5 years?  I think he falls somewhere in between Gordon and his former self, but probably closer to Gordon than you might like in that pretty vast grey area.

Milwaukee appears to at least be content giving him another chance, having already told the Mets he is not available.  The conversation was apparently very brief, per Sandy Alderson, who reportedly asked "What about Ryan Braun?" and nothing more before being rebuffed curtly.  At a minimum, this tells me that if Braun is available, he is not available cheaply.  You gotta dazzle Bob Melvin for a longer answer...

[/QUOTE]

Braun was having a great year last season as usual before the suspension and after he had already been tested again and passed to my knowledge.  I don't see his numbers tailing off too much at all but only time will tell Notin.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Give back some of the money he stole.  He'll make approximately $138M.  His 65 game suspension will cost him ~ 3.5M, so he'll have made ~ $135M.  Start with 10% of that amount.

Donate $13.5M to drug clinics in Milwaukee and you will have successfully stolen more money than Willie Sutton.

IMO, if someone steals money, aplogizes for it, but refuses to return any of the money, then the apology is useless to me.

For example, if someone breaks into your in the morning, and steals your TV and $1,000, but leaves an apology note, does the apology note make it okay?

Even if he then breaks into your house an hour later, and puts the TV back, is that okay with you?  If you don't return the stolen property, you are still a thief.  Christianity is all about forgiveness.  But if I confess to stealing money, the priest will ask that I give it back.  And if say 'Sorry Father, I'm sorry I stole the money, but I'm keeping it', I am not getting absolution.

Braun has a very easy path to absolution.  But I need to see him doing something concrete.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Moving past mistakes is one thing, but what is Braun without PEDs?  How long has he been using?  He failed a test (unlike Ortiz) from the curent policy, and been linked to a supplier.  And really, might have been usng going back to college.  Certainly PEDs are available at University of Miami for someone who looks hard enough.

Manny did fail twice, but both tests were in his waining years and not in Boston, or in any of his prime and developing years.  We really don't know if he used in Boston at all, but we do know he passed every test.  Ditto Ortiz, except his alleged failure was from BEFORE coming to Boston, and he has passed every test here and not been linked to someplace like Biogenesis.  And even his alleged failure only came in the form of a press leak of questionable veracity, and was prior to the existing PED policies, back in the days when baseball's drug policy was an overly complicated statement that essentially said "do not break the law", and was actually insitituted to get rid of MLB's rampant cocaine problem...

[/QUOTE]

I think the number of players who used PEDS over the years opposed to those who were actually caught would be staggering.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

I think the number of players who used PEDS over the years opposed to those who were actually caught would be staggering.

I'm about certain that you are right.

And for everyone that has been caught, I would say the same thing.  There are 7B people in this world.  About 100% have the ability to speak or write an apology.  If the only thing between standing between you, and someone stealing everything you own, is that they have to apologize after the steal it, everything you own would be gone before you finished reading this post.

If you refuse to return the money, then you are not really sorry.  And I am only asking 10%.  There are people out there that might give that even when they earned the money legitimately.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

The PED users like Braun are going to get countless chances to play MLB as long as they can hit, pitch, etc.

Baseball is not going to throw these guys out and owners are not going to ignore their talent as long as they can still play.

Baseball players are like everyone else in that they may have done things to help themself along, sure.  But, once they serve their time/suspension you can expect to find them playing on any team in any year-even on the Red Sox.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Braun was having a great year last season as usual before the suspension and after he had already been tested again and passed to my knowledge.  I don't see his numbers tailing off too much at all but only time will tell Notin.

[/QUOTE]

Braun also has a failed test in his history for elevated HgH.  This alone does seperte him from other "suspected users."  That he managed to beat the rap under false pretenses is inconsequential...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Braun also has a failed test in his history for elevated HgH.  This alone does seperte him from other "suspected users."  That he managed to beat the rap under false pretenses is inconsequential...

[/QUOTE]

Braun will be on my watch list all year.  I would take him over watching guys like Bradley, Gomes, Nava and Carp anytime if he continues to have a great career. 

Solid and dependable OBP guys with some pop like Choo and Braun are great to have.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Braun will be on my watch list all year.  I would take him over watching guys like Bradley, Gomes, Nava and Carp anytime if he continues to have a great career. 

Solid and dependable OBP guys with some pop like Choo and Braun are great to have.

[/QUOTE]

Bradley, Gomes, Nava and Carp are all guaranteed less than one tenth of what Ryan Braun is guaranteed.   And it is only that high because Johnny Gomes is owed all of $5mill

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from spewey. Show spewey's posts

Didn't he also claim anti-semitism against the guy who collected/transported his drug tests.  He rallied many other players to his defense.  Those same players felt very betrayed when the claims proved to be false.  I used to like Braun.  Now I think he is a little weasel.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to spewey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Didn't he also claim anti-semitism against the guy who collected/transported his drug tests.  He rallied many other players to his defense.  Those same players felt very betrayed when the claims proved to be false.  I used to like Braun.  Now I think he is a little weasel.

[/QUOTE]

Thank you for reminding me that he was hinding behind his religion as well.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

It's one thing to lie.  It's quite another to use the anti-semitism card.

Having said that, nobody is beyond redemption!

The big question......  how long can he play at the highest level without the PED's?  & will he stay clean?

Secondarily....  What would he cost?  & is the cost benefit worth it?  Could we have 2 or 3 high second tier guys for that cost, as we did in 2013....  & is it better to go with the balanced team with really good pitching?

I think the focus needs to stay on pitching!!!!!  With high quality guys to man the positions.  I think that's going to be the focus BC goes with.  Besides Ells, I don't see us going after any big name position players.

We do sign Ells at $18.5 / 6yrs before Christmas :)

I pass on Braun!  But I'm certainly cool with signing him ;)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Well, you can't really sign Braun.  He is under contract. 

Through 2020. 

For $117mill.

And the Brewers have already told people he is not available, which at least means he is not available cheaply.  Any team making legitimate offers to acquire Braun had better not be guessing wrong about how much impact PED's have had on his performance...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Baseball is a joke when it comes to PEDs and steroids. I mean Melky Cabrera is the belle of the ball no matter his past. They just keep throwing awards at him. It's unreal. He's lauded like he never even had a problem. It really shouldn't be that way if they REALLY want to change anything.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That's a shame, since those guys are World Series champions.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to kimsaysthis' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Baseball is a joke when it comes to PEDs and steroids. I mean Melky Cabrera is the belle of the ball no matter his past. They just keep throwing awards at him. It's unreal. He's lauded like he never even had a problem. It really shouldn't be that way if they REALLY want to change anything.

[/QUOTE]

she does know melky & miguel are 2 different people right

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to kimsaysthis' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

she does know melky & miguel are 2 different people right

[/QUOTE]

Whats up Zac?

PED's in some way/shape or form have probably been in Baseball forever.  Every year athletes will try a new drug that promises them the same enhancement and every (other year) MLB will ban a new one :)

We will never know half the players who have taken and never been caught, or may be taken similar drugs as we speak that could have a similar impact.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

Braun is a perfect fit for the Yankees organization.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

Whats up Zac?

greetings craze

We will never know half the players who have taken and never been caught, or may be taken similar drugs as we speak that could have a similar impact.

that's my biggest problem with testing

it allows others to think those not caught are clean

gotta love the righteous ones

not sure how anyone can be sure they wouldn't use 4 sure

I don't think any apology will do 4 them

I remember those thrashing giambi for not incriminating himself

further in his apology and now they want braun to give the money back ''he stole''

I must have missed the part where the owner said he was shocked

PED's in some way/shape or form have probably been in Baseball forever.  Every year athletes will try a new drug that promises them the same enhancement and every (other year) MLB will ban a new one :)