Salty going once .....twice .......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rsinsider. Show rsinsider's posts

Salty going once .....twice .......

GONE .......I'm thinking he is a Twin by tomorrow .... Hope this doesn't come back to haunt us next year ...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rsinsider. Show rsinsider's posts

Re: Salty going once .....twice .......

I would give him the 4 years ...... No reason we can't move him in two .....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from djcbuffum. Show djcbuffum's posts

Twins Nearing Major Free Agent Signing By  Steve Adams [November 27, 2013 at 4:20pm CST]

4:20pm: Saltalamacchia is not close with the Twins, an industry source tells Ben Nicholson-Smith of Sportsnet.ca (Twitter link).

3:53pm: The Twins are on the verge of finalizing a major free agent signing, a source from a rival team tells MLBTR's Tim Dierkes (Twitter link).

The player is unclear at this time, but as Tim points out in a second tweet, recent reports have connected the Twins to the likes of Matt GarzaBronson ArroyoRicky Nolasco and Jarrod Saltalamacchia. A contract for any of those three would figure to easily surpass the Twins' franchise-record free agent signing, which is currently just $21MM over three years to Josh Willingham.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/11/twins-nearing-major-free-agent-signing.html

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to rsinsider's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I would give him the 4 years ...... No reason we can't move him in two .....

[/QUOTE]

If we outbid everyone, then why would anyone want him in two years, without us eating salary?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Salty seems to have fallen out of favor somehow, starting with his benching in the Series. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

The Twins signed Ricky Nolasco

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

Tell you, if he doesn't sign back with us, I like the guy. He was in limbo for awhile there, and he came back, and worked his tail off. Everything worked out for his family and the Boston Red Sox.

When Ross went down with a concussion Salty really stepped it up from  July to the Pennant. End of June he was hitting .232 with 2 outs RISP, finished the year at .283.   

.332 BA with 2 outs and RISP from July1, till the clincher. Biggest Clutch stat in baseball.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to crazyworldoftroybrown's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Tell you, if he doesn't sign back with us, I like the guy. He was in limbo for awhile there, and he came back, and worked his tail off. Everything worked out for his family and the Boston Red Sox.

When Ross went down with a concussion Salty really stepped it up from  July to the Pennant. End of June he was hitting .232 with 2 outs RISP, finished the year at .283.   

.332 BA with 2 outs and RISP from July1, till the clincher. Biggest Clutch stat in baseball.

[/QUOTE]

well they do have a 2 year offer out there.   I wish they would add the option and get it over with. I would like Buck Ross combo. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tripleb2066. Show tripleb2066's posts

http://bostonherald.com/sports/red_sox_mlb/boston_red_sox/2013/11/ryan_lavarnway_might_be_answer

I would prefer Lavarnway over Navarro or Pierzinski. I guess it's time to give him a shot. Could the world series champs start the season with rookies at SS, CF and C ?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In response to tripleb2066's comment:

http://bostonherald.com/sports/red_sox_mlb/boston_red_sox/2013/11/ryan_lavarnway_might_be_answer

I would prefer Lavarnway over Navarro or Pierzinski. I guess it's time to give him a shot. Could the world series champs start the season with rookies at SS, CF and C ?

Ryan Lavarnway lost his rookie status in 2012 when he soared past the 130 at-bat threshold to 192 career at-bats:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/l/lavarry01.shtml

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tripleb2066. Show tripleb2066's posts

In response to hill55's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ryan Lavarnway lost his rookie status in 2012 when he soared past the 130 at-bat threshold to 192 career at-bats:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/l/lavarry01.shtml

[/QUOTE]

Fine. You get the point though.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsoxProspects. Show RedsoxProspects's posts

When your second best option is the Twins you know your negotiating position is not good. As much as I hate to see it, we may still get him back in a 2 year deal.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

I think BenC has the market pretty well established for what the Sox are willing to pay. Someone may go three years plus an option. Ben sees the system producing what we need. I would like to see them bring in AJ or Buck or Navarro. Talk seems to be Navaro may be as expensive as Salty. I think AJ will share the catching duties with Ross.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to RedsoxProspects' comment:
    [QUOTE]

When your second best option is the Twins you know your negotiating position is not good. As much as I hate to see it, we may still get him back in a 2 year deal.

[/QUOTE]

How do you know that the Twins are the only other team? Just because you havent heard from other teams doesnt mean theres not talks going on. You dont like Salty, but lets try and realize that you also, like all of us, dont know everything that goes on behind the scenes. Just because Cafardo or whoever doesnt reports about it, doesnt mean theres nothing going on.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]

GONE .......I'm thinking he is a Twin by tomorrow .... Hope this doesn't come back to haunt us next year ...

[/QUOTE]

Buster the idiot is trying to suggest that theres an issue with Salty's medicals. I hope he has some proof before putting damaging info out there like that on a player.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Salty seems to have fallen out of favor somehow, starting with his benching in the Series. 

[/QUOTE]And that is how J F won the  W S ........  SALTY's glove & poor arm could not be carried any longer ....  St-Louis had that figured to a "T" ........

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

[QUOTE]

And that is how J F won the  W S ........  SALTY's glove & poor arm could not be carried any longer ....  St-Louis had that figured to a "T" ........

[/QUOTE]

Yes Salty took over when Ross went down because lavarnway wasnt good enough in the eyes of the organization. In that time Salty raised his BA by 40points, was praised by the pitchers and coaches. By the time the playoffs were here it was obvious they overused Salty. He was spent and it affected his performance, so the went with the fresh Ross.

Whats more revealing is that they would rather go with Salty against LHP than Lavarnway.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]And that is how J F won the  W S ........  SALTY's glove & poor arm could not be carried any longer ....  St-Louis had that figured to a "T" ........

[/QUOTE]

Yes Salty took over when Ross went down because lavarnway wasnt good enough in the eyes of the organization. In that time Salty raised his BA by 40points, was praised by the pitchers and coaches. By the time the playoffs were here it was obvious they overused Salty. He was spent and it affected his performance, so the went with the fresh Ross.

Whats more revealing is that they would rather go with Salty against LHP than Lavarnway.

[/QUOTE]How can you be spent during the playoffs & W S ??????  Plenty of down time in between games ......

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to southpaw777's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]How can you be spent during the playoffs & W S ??????  Plenty of down time in between games ......

[/QUOTE]

seriously...your clueless.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Hey pal,

I could possibly see Salty getting more years from another team at this point and he may be smart to jump if it happens because his stock may never be this high again.

Tough call for any team, Salty finally had more well rounded offensive numbers like we all hoped for but the fact we leaned on Ross in the PS to finish the job and Salty's inconsistant arm could still leave a lot of teams skeptical on money and length of contract.  Salty may have had a better year than Ruiz or even McCann but it was obvious past experience and consistancy still means more at this level.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I would also prefer Lavarnway. The Sox have never given him a fair shot at the job, and I think thats a mistake. His defense will improve with regular play, just as Salty's pretty horrendous defense improved to the point where he achieved mediocrity. Will he succeed? No one knows for sure, but I would take that gamble.