Salty is officially the new punching bag of the pretending Sox fans

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

Re: Salty is officially the new punching bag of the pretending Sox fans

In Response to Re: Salty is officially the new punching bag of the pretending Sox fans:
    [QUOTE]I can understand why Babe, Mikeyinthebronx, NHSteven, Jeter, Jessey, and Perkins dislike Smiley-Beni but I can't understand why LMR, Nagy, Playball consider him a threat to the forum? In my opinion the horde of pretend / concern trolls poses a much bigger problem. There is nothing worse than someone who pretends to be a cynic, skeptic, pessimist, distraught fan, in an attempt to get loyal Red Sox fans mad. They are as despicable as Manny was. The non-pretenders who are cynics, skeptics, pessimists, crybabies, should be more patient, tolerant, and loyal instead of acting like kids after every tough loss. Grab a crying towell, kick your dog, beat up your wife, beak some bottles, but don't come here and whine and pout. Don't come here and preach to the choir. Only little kids go into a tantrum when things don't go their way. Big boys and adults bite their tongue and blame it on a multitude of things and don't look for scapegoats.
    Posted by pike[/QUOTE]

I don't consider Smiley a threat to the forum. I don't consider anyone a threat to the forum. I find him and all of his characters amusing. I just call him out for his nonsense. He just spews outlandish statements he can't defend, most of the time he doesn't even try.

He also has a habit of disappearing when things aren't going well for the sox, while accusing anyone who calls him out of being a "pretending sox fan".

He is no different than babe, they both spend most of their time trying to get a rise out of people. You defend him for the sole reason that he is a sox fan.

If he and his cast of characters were spewing the same type of nonsense with a yankee tilt, you would be the first one to condemn him/them.

The way I see it, trolling is trolling, no matter which side of the fence you are on.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Smiley is an entertainer and obviously a Sox fan - ever since (an I hope this is the last time I feel the need to mention it) he changed his avatar I have been pleased to read his posts - before I avoided him simply because of the avatar.

Its unfortunate a crazed Cyber loon took up Smiley's name and smelled up the forum -

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Natick-Ned. Show Natick-Ned's posts

Babe is more like a fly on a cow's azz in the dairy barn and the tail  must be continually in motion to keep them away. Smiley is like a wasp who comes around periodically. Babe's act is childish. Smiley is creative and humorous. They are not comparible. Bosox fans should favor him since this is a Boston forum. It is our house. I read these threads and see little dismay with Babe and that is surprising to me.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

I actually like Smiley's avatar. Zac put it together to mock him, and Smiley adopted it after continuously being needled by several of us to put a shirt on. I think it's funny, especially considering the history behind it.                      

Wow. Did not know that.  Zac has some real talent with PhotoShop, too - knew that for sure.  Kind of makes me respect Beni a little.

And I too don't consider him a threat to our way of life, or this forum, or to my sense of well-being. He is what he is.  And he does say pertinent things at times.

It would be un-American to run him off the range just for being who he is.

And I still like your avatar better, Sheriff.

Laughing

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from smiley-beni-2817. Show smiley-beni-2817's posts

In Response to Re: Salty is officially the new punching bag of the pretending Sox fans:
    [QUOTE]I for one was never one of the posters (and there were a lot) that canvassed the forums two seasons ago with "Get Salty Now!" "We need Salty"  "Trade the farm for Salty" etc., I thought it absurd. Now that he is here all we here is "failure" "unload Salty now!" etc., and this is just as irritating. You have to give it more time - because unless we go get Brian McCann there are not a lot of saviors out there that can satisfy your wishy washy need of the day .
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

Burrito, thank you very, very much. I really love this post. Thanks!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSNS14. Show RSNS14's posts

The guy has only had 43 AB. Tough to judge his offense yet with such a small sample size. Defensively, Salty leaves a lot to be desired but there's really no better options out there that warrant putting the pitching staff through yet another newbie. Patience has never been a virtue of RS fans but we're just going to have to wait this one out. Have faith.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ArthurBABErelli. Show ArthurBABErelli's posts

[QUOTE]The guy has only had 43 AB. Tough to judge his offense yet with such a small sample size. Defensively, Salty leaves a lot to be desired but there's really no better options out there that warrant putting the pitching staff through yet another newbie. Patience has never been a virtue of RS fans but we're just going to have to wait this one out. Have faith.
    Posted by RSNS14[/QUOTE]

Ummmm...he's had 850+ at bats in his career which is enough of a sample size to know that he's not a very good hitter. And he's not a very good catcher either which makes me wonder what he's doing playing pro ball.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyinthebronx. Show mikeyinthebronx's posts

[QUOTE]I was very disappointed last night. I went to the Stadium and saw a silent movie. Cy Young Humber? I wasted $85 for watching that anemic display of batting.
    Posted by MikeyinQueens[/QUOTE]

Mikey were you there for the 7th inning stretch?.....can you describe that to me as opposed to the normal 7th inning stretch at Yankee Stadium?

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyinthebronx. Show mikeyinthebronx's posts

[QUOTE]A black couple sang God Bless America as a duet but I wasn't impressed with it.
    Posted by MikeyinQueens[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I forgot it was on ESPN for you to see Beni....whoops Mikey

Touche

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Getting back to the topic, I also think Salty will improve ... he already has ... and will settle in to be a nice backup catcher someday.   He will never mature into another VTek ... aint gonna happen.   His plate discipline is horrible.  How many times do you see him crushing a fastball late for a long foul, then whiffing at a breaking ball or changeup?  

But he is getting better defensively and calling games.