San Francisco chances Game 2 & for World Series ???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

San Francisco chances Game 2 & for World Series ???

Yup, I know this is a Red Sox forum but last night someone did start a SF-Detroit game thread and there were quite a few comments(56). I am a Sox fan first and local fan 2nd as I live in the area. Can't join a thread tonight if one is started as going out to watch game at a Sports Bar.

Last night I was hoping Panda would hit his 4th homer to break the 3 record held by 3 other playes. Whether they go on to win or not, I  know it’s a magical year when they lose their best bat, Melky Cabrera, to scandal, their original world class closer, Brian Wilson, yup the bearded jokester, to injury and their former 2 time Cy Young winner Lincecum to relief as he was spotty this year. Zito too did not have a great ERA but was awesome against the Cardinals & last night.

Love our alumnus Scutaro...sure wish we had him now that Aviles is gone to the Jays & Iglesias is a fantastic glove but cannot provide the offense of Marco. Sure wish the Sox had the Giants' pitching. In last 3 games with the Cards it was 20-1. And I don't want to appear greedy but with an 8-1 lead last night Angel Pagan came within an inch of catching that ball that bounced over the wall & gave Detroit a merciful 2 more runs to end with 3.

Go Giants...Go Gigantes !!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Re: San Francisco chances Game 2 & for World Series ???

Ir Gigantes!

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

i've watched pretty much every game of the post season and I've been really impressed. lots of really good games. I'm also hoping the giants win, although the tigers did humiliate the yankees i really like a lot of the players the giants have. Posey, madison, THE BEARD, kung fu panda, scoot!

plus, i'm always a fan of the underdog and the tigers sure looked like the favorites with an MVP pitcher and triple crown (probable MVP winner this year but then again, so was jacoby last year *sad face*).

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to mef429's comment:
    [QUOTE]

i've watched pretty much every game of the post season and I've been really impressed. lots of really good games. I'm also hoping the giants win, although the tigers did humiliate the yankees i really like a lot of the players the giants have. Posey, madison, THE BEARD, kung fu panda, scoot!

plus, i'm always a fan of the underdog and the tigers sure looked like the favorites with an MVP pitcher and triple crown (probable MVP winner this year but then again, so was jacoby last year *sad face*).

[/QUOTE]

Ells would have been MVP last year if he had won the triple crown. Cabrera is amazing, first time in 45 years, but I'm still cheering for the Giants.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to Yonkersman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Just curious, do the Giant fans have a baseball forum out there. Do you have a link?

[/QUOTE]

Being a Red Sox fan I wouldn't know. You could look around on sfgate I guess. I'm only cheering for the Giants 'cause the Sox are dead for this year.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to carnie's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Yonkersman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Just curious, do the Giant fans have a baseball forum out there. Do you have a link?

[/QUOTE]

Being a Red Sox fan I wouldn't know. You could look around on sfgate I guess. I'm only cheering for the Giants 'cause the Sox are dead for this year.

[/QUOTE]

I too am mostly rooting for the Giants because Sox are out but a week or so ago, although not an A's fan, I rooted for them to win so that they'd beat the Yankees and also go to a couple of games. With Jeter out they might have won that series. Then I felt if Yankees were in the World Series I'd get some tickets to, hopefully, watch the Giants beat them. But I still was not heartbroken that the Yankees got knocked out by the Tigers, a better team than the A's to beat them, I think!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

that ALCS ranks up there with 04 and 07 in my book. all the flak a-roid got, jeter breaking his ankle, the rest of the lineup looking like they've never swung a bat before. their pitching was OK but boy was that offense laughable!

needless to say, a lot of jokes have come from this. Its times like these i actually enjoy being a NY state resident :)