Sanchez Traded

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from looneyman. Show looneyman's posts

Sanchez Traded

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- The Royals traded outfielder Melky Cabrera to the San Francisco Giants for left-hander Jonathan Sanchez & Double-A pitcher Ryan Verdugo.

I think that Youk & say Bowden could offer better value.

What are your thoughts

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from iamme17. Show iamme17's posts

Re: Sanchez Traded

at $12 million for 2012 KC wouldn't have any interest in youk and bowden has very little value to any team in the majors

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Reason KC trade Melty is his 4.4mm contract!!  KC cant afford that much money, so it is a salary relief for the KC team.  Boston could have trade Reddick for Melty, but KC is more likely rather to have pitching in return.  So therefore, Boston may not complete this trade.  You dont want to give up Droubmont, Wieland, Bard, and couple top pitching prospects if we all know Boston's pitching staffs are thin for next season!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from looneyman. Show looneyman's posts

In Response to Re: Sanchez Traded:
    [QUOTE]at $12 million for 2012 KC wouldn't have any interest in youk and bowden has very little value to any team in the majors
    Posted by iamme17[/QUOTE]

I was saying that we could put together a better package than KC did.
    Maybe Youk & Bowen were not the right combo of players but we should
    of been able to get Sanchez.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Colorado has interest in Youk too..Not sure who they got that Boston would/could get. But If they could package him with say Kalish or Red maybe they can go after Matt Cain in SF..Would only be a 3mm increase from Youks salary..Just a thought..

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

[QUOTE]Reason KC trade Melty is his 4.4mm contract!!  KC cant afford that much money, so it is a salary relief for the KC team.  Boston could have trade Reddick for Melty, but KC is more likely rather to have pitching in return.  So therefore, Boston may not complete this trade.  You dont want to give up Droubmont, Wieland, Bard, and couple top pitching prospects if we all know Boston's pitching staffs are thin for next season!
    Posted by GoUconn13[/QUOTE]
    This doesn't make sense.

Jonathan Sanchez remains under his team's control for one more arbitration season working off his 2011 salary of $4.8 million.

Melky Cabrera remains under his team's control for one more arbitration season working off his 2011 salary of $1.25 million.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Maybe KC would non-tender a contract on Sanchez.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sanchez Traded : I was saying that we could put together a better package than KC did. Maybe Youk & Bowen were not the right combo of players but we should of been able to get Sanchez.
    Posted by looneyman[/QUOTE]

Who do we have in our system aside from Ellsbury that is a better all around player than Cabrera, who is switch hitter, a plus defensive OFer, that's just entering his prime, who at 27 years old is coming off an 800 OPS season? The better question might be why didn't we try to aquire Melky...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sanchez Traded : This doesn't make sense. Jonathan Sanchez remains under his team's control for one more arbitration season working off his 2011 salary of $4.8 million. Melky Cabrera remains under his team's control for one more arbitration season working off his 2011 salary of $1.25 million.
    Posted by hill55[/QUOTE]

It's good move for the Giants, they get a decent bat in exchange for a pitcher that's at best #5 in their rotation both of whom are on the last year of their deals. the Royals get a pitcher to replace the departing Francis and move a player that due to the depth on their system won't be tough to replace...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

This thread is HILARIOUS and is exhibit A in the "Red Sox fans think the baseball universe revolves entirely around Boston" case. 

KC and SF make a trade and Red Sox fans want to figure out how it should have been our trade. I'm laughing as I type...... and now I'll join in and embrace my inner myopic Red Sox fan.

By acquiring Cabrera SF is basically saying bye bye to FA agent OF Cody Ross who I think is a great, inexpensive fit for the Red Sox RF platoon/ 4th OF.

Speaking of Melky Cabrera, if the Milky Cabrera isn't some replusive sex move on Urban Dictionary yet, it really needs to be. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

the Melkman heading to the Bay...wish him well....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnDeckCircle. Show OnDeckCircle's posts

A good deal for both teams.     It's nice when you have the trading pieces to offer.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

On Deck thank you for bringing light on the subject.
    Ben may be waiting to sign the manager before he gets into the ring. He may be waiting too long.

Make up your list of untouchables--the rest are trade bait welcome to one aspect of Moneyball. Wait a minute we haven't made the playoffs in two years--make us an offer--we are open for business--everyone is available for the right price this is the Hot Stove Season and we are looking to improve our team.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

[QUOTE]On Deck thank you for bringing light on the subject. Ben may be waiting to sign the manager before he gets into the ring. He may be waiting too long. Make up your list of untouchables--the rest are trade bait welcome to one aspect of Moneyball. Wait a minute we haven't made the playoffs in two years--make us an offer--we are open for business--everyone is available for the right price this is the Hot Stove Season and we are looking to improve our team.
    Posted by MadMc44[/QUOTE]

mad
    Cherington is not waiting to hire the new manager. My guess is that he's working the phones right now while keeping an eye on the list of free agents and posible non tender guys...Not sure how a trade between the Giant's and Royals, where both teams essentailly traded surpluss inventory that they weren't likely to resign that addressed specific needs of both parties, somehow gets twisted into the Sox losing out on Sanchez? Am I missing something?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Looks like KC has found its Ace...lol...sure...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

not a fan of Sanchez. Age, performance add up to an A Miller tease type picher minus 5mph on the fast ball. With some experience, I still think Doubront has more upside.
    I do like Melky and felt he would have been a potential RF answer or a great #4. Would have freed up Reddick/Kalish to trade in a package for additional pieces.