Say NO to Swisher

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

Say NO to Swisher

I apologize if there is already a thread on Swisher, but I could not find it if it is out there.

Please, Ben do not go near Swisher with a 10 foot pole in this free agent season.  His salary demands (even if they come down a little) are way more than he is worth.

Take him outside of Yankee Stadium and I am sure that his power numbers are going to take a huge dive.  And, those power numbers are really all that he has to sell himself on during his free agency as he is not a quality fielder or baserunner.

There are plenty of guys who will be much better choices to fill some outfield time during the 2013 season who are younger, have at least as much potential and are much less expensive.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Re: Say NO to Swisher

In response to charliedarling's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I apologize if there is already a thread on Swisher, but I could not find it if it is out there.

Please, Ben do not go near Swisher with a 10 foot pole in this free agent season.  His salary demands (even if they come down a little) are way more than he is worth.

Take him outside of Yankee Stadium and I am sure that his power numbers are going to take a huge dive.  And, those power numbers are really all that he has to sell himself on during his free agency as he is not a quality fielder or baserunner.

There are plenty of guys who will be much better choices to fill some outfield time during the 2013 season who are younger, have at least as much potential and are much less expensive.

[/QUOTE]

In my opinion Swisher is a better all round versatile player than Cody Ross. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mvpyouk20. Show mvpyouk20's posts

Ok I will say no. Seriously thou, I don't think the Sox will sign him anyways. He is going to cost a bundle.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

his cost is completely dependant on what teams are willing to offer him.....

he can seek a werth type contract til the cows come home but he will not get it. rumor is teams are only offering him deals in the 11-13 mil per year vicinity. which i would jump on with a 3 year deal.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Not to mention that goofy grin he always wears makes me want to throw up.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from eggplants. Show eggplants's posts

Charlie........I think he already said NO to us. Here's the thing I like about Swisher. Goofy Grin and all. When he's successful at the plate, (able to get on base), he points skyward like he's  acknowledging a celestial being for his success. Unlike a Daniel Bard type who says a little prayer or something before he throws pitch one. If Daniel is not successful in a particular outing it seems that it is The Big Guy in The  Sky's fault and it's not Dan's. Maybe Dan should change his routine a little. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

All things considered , I would take Swisher over Ross. I would not give either of them too big or too long a contract.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

In response to mef429's comment:
    [QUOTE]

his cost is completely dependant on what teams are willing to offer him.....

he can seek a werth type contract til the cows come home but he will not get it. rumor is teams are only offering him deals in the 11-13 mil per year vicinity. which i would jump on with a 3 year deal.

[/QUOTE]

Swisher is a switch hitter and I heard someone tell me that he actually hit more homers outside of YS than he did there.  Plus he did show some decent power in Oakland.  Plus he can play first base and the outfield.  Plus he has charisma, is good in the clubhouse and dugout and is a hard nosed player.  I have to admit that I have personally been going round and round with my first base and outfield scenarios but Swisher can play both and he is not a platoon player.  The only fly in the ointment is his over zealous opinion of what he is worth.  If he doesn't bring his price down and get a good wiff of reality he will be very disappointed.  That plus the Red Sox will pass on him.  Too bad too because I think he would be a  good guy to have on the Red Sox.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

swisher is my first choice for 1st base through FA. pending we do not trade for a good, young 1st baseman

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from prknsdnld. Show prknsdnld's posts

In response to eggplants' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Charlie........I think he already said NO to us. Here's the thing I like about Swisher. Goofy Grin and all. When he's successful at the plate, (able to get on base), he points skyward like he's  acknowledging a celestial being for his success. Unlike a Daniel Bard type who says a little prayer or something before he throws pitch one. If Daniel is not successful in a particular outing it seems that it is The Big Guy in The  Sky's fault and it's not Dan's. Maybe Dan should change his routine a little. 

[/QUOTE]

Very Ortiz like. I hate it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

I would say no also but he would be a good addition if he wasn't so expensive.  Swisher will be the most overpriced free agent out there.  I do like his approach at the plate but his fielding is alot to be desired.  NO is the answer.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TitleTown11. Show TitleTown11's posts

Agreed. He is not nearly worth what he wil command. If the market sours to the point where he'll accept a 1 year 8 Million dollar deal, I'm in. Otherwise...move along, nothing to see here.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to TitleTown11's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Agreed. He is not nearly worth what he wil command. If the market sours to the point where he'll accept a 1 year 8 Million dollar deal, I'm in. Otherwise...move along, nothing to see here.

[/QUOTE]

they say teams are offering him 11-13 per. i'd say thats fair. but for how many years? i'd stop at 3 but maybe include an option year

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to MikeyinQueens' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yanks will sign Swisher. You can bet your mortgage on it. You heard it here first.

[/QUOTE]

they are trying to get under the luxury tax. barring some serious dumping of contracts i would say the yanks have the lowest chance of signing swisher

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to MikeyinQueens' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yanks will sign Swisher. You can bet your mortgage on it. You heard it here first.

[/QUOTE]

they are trying to get under the luxury tax. barring some serious dumping of contracts i would say the yanks have the lowest chance of signing swisher

[/QUOTE]

Pike's  blown the dust off an old screen name, mef. This was in tribute to mikeyinthebronx, one of his favorites 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

hes posted today under at least 4 different screen names. hes really gone off the rails.

i guess hes a bit ticked off he got banned for being a Dbag

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

idk he never addresses why he has so many usernames or why he acts like a child or why he feels the need to be the forum messiah.

he'll sit here and read all this crap we talk about him and he will never aknowledge it. talk about a coward. at least softy and all the other tools on the forums defend themselves. pike is just a lame coward with nothing better to do

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]

idk he never addresses why he has so many usernames or why he acts like a child or why he feels the need to be the forum messiah.

he'll sit here and read all this crap we talk about him and he will never aknowledge it. talk about a coward. at least softy and all the other tools on the forums defend themselves. pike is just a lame coward with nothing better to do

[/QUOTE]

He does it to support his cause, except no one knows what it is.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

No to Swisher.He's an overpriced Cody Ross pretty much.The 2 of them have VERY comparable numbers.Ross made 3 million last year,Swisher made 10.5 million.The Sox can probably get Ross for 3 years for the same amount they'd have to pay Swisher for 2.But I wouldn't recommend either players.I'd rather see the Sox get Torii Hunter for a couple of years,but I think he'll end up back in Detroit.