Seattle?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jader. Show jader's posts

Seattle?

Next to the Astro, the worst team in baseball. Why can't we beat these bums?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

Re: Seattle?

It's called baseball. Losing two out of three to any team on the road is going to happen from time to time. First lost series in a while.

Boston is 5 and 4 against Seattle this year, so we can beat these guys. It's not like they own us.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In Response to Seattle?:
    [QUOTE]Next to the Astro, the worst team in baseball. Why can't we beat these bums?
    Posted by jader[/QUOTE]
    Seattle is a bonafide (albeit weak) MLB team that this season took two of three three-game series from a clearly superior team (although the Sox won the season series 5-4 on the strength of a sweep in one of the two series at Fenway Park).

It happens.

Since their franchise-record 17-game losing streak, the Mariners are 9-7 against the likes of the Red Sox, Yankees, Rangers, Rays and Angels with a 25-man roster that includes 11 rookies. This weekend against Boston, the Seattle rookies produced: Mike Carp went 5-for-12 (.417) with 6 RBI, Casper Wells 3-for-7 (.429) with 1 HR and 4 RBI, Dustin Ackley 4-for-11 (.363) with 2 RBI and Charlie Furbush 7 IP, 1 ER, 4 H and 6 K.

The Mariners have a long ways to go, but perhaps they're headed in the right direction.

PS: For what it's worth, the Mariners are tied with the Twins for the 11th-best record in the 14-team American League, a half-game back of the Athletics. By mid-June the Mariners already had taken a series from each of the five AL East teams.        

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I truly believe that divide between the "have" and "have-nots" plays into the hands of the "moneyball" or more accurately "crappy" teams.

The Red Sox consistently have poor games against some of the weaker teams. The weaklings have an incentive to play better, the Sox have an excuse to not give 100%.

Over the long haul , the weaker teams end up where they should and the stronger teams end up where they should. But sometimes there is a small sample of evidence that stronger teams "let up" in series against weak teams. It is just human nature to not take then as seriously as New York or Tampa Bay.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

the Seattle Mariners are now 10-7 in the 17 games since their franchise-record 17-game losing streak with all but three of the most recent 17 games coming against teams with winning records, including the Red Sox, Rangers, Yankees. Rays, Blue Jays and Angels.

In last night's win against Toronto, Seattle rookies Mike Carp, Casper Wells and Trayvon Robinson were a combined 7-for-11 with five runs and four RBI as Carp had two homeruns and Wells one. Rookie Tom Wilhelmsen picked up his first MLB win in relief of rookies Michael Pineda and Dan Cortes.

Last night the Mariners also signed lefthander Danny Hultzen, the second player taken in the June draft, to a major league contract.

It's been a fun week for Mariner fans with their modest expectations.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

In Response to Re: Seattle?:
    [QUOTE]I just think it's funny that many members of the red flops nation were here laughing because the Yanks lost to the mariners and snapped their 17 game losing streak. But now that the blosox just lost 2 out of 3 to the mariners all we see is a bunch of excuses. Typical red flops nation.
    Posted by ((The--Babe))[/QUOTE]

That you expect any different from a fan forum tells me you're not very bright.

All fans make excuses for their team, even fans of the mighty Yankees.

BTW: exactly when are the Rays supposed to challenge the Sox for the WC again?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Didn't the Sox take 4 out of 6 against Seattle this season?

It would great if the Sox could play at the same high level intensity for the entire season and for every series.  They can't.  No one can. 

It's natural for them to let up after a tough series against the Yankees and before a series with the always tough Tampa Bay Rays.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from -----The--Babe-----. Show -----The--Babe-----'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Seattle? : That you expect any different from a fan forum tells me you're not very bright. All fans make excuses for their team, even fans of the mighty Yankees. BTW: exactly when are the Rays supposed to challenge the Sox for the WC again?

Posted by niz-58[/QUOTE]

I don't make excuses. Excuses are for people who are afraid of the truth.

And maybe I was wrong about tampa, I thought they would be better than they are. But it's not like a team hasn't lost a 9 game August lead before, in fact, I seem to remember a team losing a 14 1/2 game August lead before.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

[QUOTE]Didn't the Sox take 4 out of 6 against Seattle this season? It would great if the Sox could play at the same high level intensity for the entire season and for every series.  They can't.  No one can.  It's natural for them to let up after a tough series against the Yankees and before a series with the always tough Tampa Bay Rays.
    Posted by DirtyWaterLover[/QUOTE]
    The Red Sox took five of nine from the Mariners this season. The Sox swept one series at Fenway Park (during Seattle's 17-game losing streak) while the Mariners took the other two series 2-1 (one at Fenway Park and one at Safeco Field).

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to Seattle?:
    [QUOTE]Next to the Astro, the worst team in baseball. Why can't we beat these bums?
    Posted by jader[/QUOTE]
    they are all major league players and on any given day.