Send Agon back to San Diego

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackyldo. Show jackyldo's posts

Send Agon back to San Diego

It was not in God's plan  ?? He has a plan ?

Wake up and feel the anger in Boston,     that just saw a $161 million dollar  team   win   25% of it's games in the last month.

Two out   2 strike  bottom of the 9th and Paps   does not  throw a split   finger...

Crawford  does not play the ball  on a hop  to give himself a chance  to throw to the plate  ---  and has  no arm..

God  must have  been watching  Sunshine  network... and smiling on the Ray's   as yankees  use  12 pitchers..  and blow a 7-0 lead..

I am so angry at this team , I am not even sure I can  contemplate or  get  interested NEXT year.   Multiply that by  the rest of the Sox nation and
    John Henry  you got a problem....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Guvnor. Show Guvnor's posts

Re: Send Agon back to San Diego

AGon has let himself down massively with those gods plan comments last night, that was absolutely brainless, thoughtless, and gutless things to say.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from gbman87603. Show gbman87603's posts

Looks like a big waste of a lot of young talent to bring A-Gon here. Not because he isnt a good player, but because no matter what he does the Sox pitching staff is in serious trouble for the next 4 years with no legit prospects waiting in the wings.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kt888. Show kt888's posts

Who cares if AGON talks about God, really?  We are all crushed as fans, but just imagine how the players must feel.  They are searching for answers as well, and AGON is a highly religious person.  AGON was not 100% this year due to the shoulder, however he still hit well enough to nearly win the batting title and put up some of the best #s on the team, in a pressure cooking atmosphere.  Being angry at these players for struggling through September is fine, I get that, but lets not bash AGON because he refers to his faith in God. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from gbman87603. Show gbman87603's posts

In Response to Re: Send Agon back to San Diego:
    [QUOTE]Who cares if AGON talks about God, really?  We are all crushed as fans, but just imagine how the players must feel.  They are searching for answers as well, and AGON is a highly religious person.  AGON was not 100% this year due to the shoulder, however he still hit well enough to nearly win the batting title and put up some of the best #s on the team, in a pressure cooking atmosphere.  Being angry at these players for struggling through September is fine, I get that, but lets not bash AGON because he refers to his faith in God. 
    Posted by kt888[/QUOTE]

A-Gon being religious is fine....but he is basically blaming what happened on god.....thats a cop out. He needs to own up to his failures. Just like everyone else on that field should as well.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kt888. Show kt888's posts

To me, gb, it just seems a bit nit-picky and borderline judgmental of the guy.  I mean, there are countless places to point blame and frustration in a collapse of this magnitude, and to bring this into it as a complaint just seems a bit weak to me.  I didn't take his statement as avoiding accountability.  To me it was a man leaning on his faith during a pretty difficult time, and I would think it's possible to be accountable while doing so. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pschuller. Show pschuller's posts

Not a good thing to have said from many different vantage points, and I agree with jackyido that Henry might have a problem with his fan base, as the team they fielded this year could not have been more frustrating to follow, from so many different angles.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In Response to Send Agon back to San Diego:
    [QUOTE]It was not in God's plan  ?? He has a plan ? Wake up and feel the anger in Boston,     that just saw a $161 million dollar  team   win   25% of it's games in the last month. Two out   2 strike  bottom of the 9th and Paps   does not  throw a split   finger... Crawford  does not play the ball  on a hop  to give himself a chance  to throw to the plate  ---  and has  no arm.. God  must have  been watching  Sunshine  network... and smiling on the Ray's   as yankees  use  12 pitchers..  and blow a 7-0 lead.. I am so angry at this team , I am not even sure I can  contemplate or  get  interested NEXT year.   Multiply that by  the rest of the Sox nation and John Henry  you got a problem....
    Posted by jackyldo[/QUOTE]

I have a hanky for you.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from gbman87603. Show gbman87603's posts

[QUOTE]To me, gb, it just seems a bit nit-picky and borderline judgmental of the guy.  I mean, there are countless places to point blame and frustration in a collapse of this magnitude, and to bring this into it as a complaint just seems a bit weak to me.  I didn't take his statement as avoiding accountability.  To me it was a man leaning on his faith during a pretty difficult time, and I would think it's possible to be accountable while doing so. 
    Posted by kt888[/QUOTE]

If he is hurting from this and needs to lean on his faith to get through it, fine, but dont put it out as an excuse. ALL the blame is on the players and the staff, I'm sure A-Gon would agree that god doesnt decide the out come of baseball seasons.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikezep61. Show mikezep61's posts

God could care less about baseball.  He has plenty of other far more important things to be concerned with.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

One thing's come out of this -- the Sox are getting more creative with their excuses.  This one's pretty good.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]AGon has let himself down massively with those gods plan comments last night, that was absolutely brainless, thoughtless, and gutless things to say.
    Posted by Guvnor[/QUOTE]

Ahh ... so you must know God's plan.

Illuminate us, if you will.

Agon is a man of substance and belief.  He puts his money where his heart and mouth are and has been helping folks less fortunate than he has been.  He was an asset to the community of San Diego far from the baseball diamond, reaching into places where folks needed more than the fantasy f baseball.

He gives credit to a higher power - in all things -rather than just being a bag of self-serving wind.  How is that worse than a Johnny Damon blowing smoke or A-Rod or Manny serving their own public needs???    

It's too bad that you cannot allow a person to have his beliefs without getting so insulting.

Cheap shot.

This whole notion, OP to this point ... that's as far as I've read ... are ridiculous.

Find another reason to cry.  A-Gon carried the team for months ... and you repay him ith this sad thank you.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

AGon is great, I look forward to him playing here for many years!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In Response to Re: Send Agon back to San Diego : A-Gon being religious is fine....but he is basically blaming what happened on god.....thats a cop out. He needs to own up to his failures. Just like everyone else on that field should as well.
    Posted by gbman87603

Saying it wasn't in God's plan doesn't blame God.  A-gon  happily gives God credit for his talents and the fact that he is playing baseball at this level. 

Owning up to failure is most certainly a part of God's plan.  One cannot grow as intended if one doesn't accept his/her failure and row from it. 

Baseball parallel .... remember a couple seasons ago when Josh and Paps were only throwing heaters?  And getting slammed for it.  They had the talent.  They had the drive ... but they were also being terribly stubborn.  Once someone got it into Josh's head he needed to rely on his other pitches, he stopped getting hammered.  Paps much the same way ...

Saying it wasn't in God's plan certainly recognizes that - as some of out astute posters here mentioned - Tampa was playing better ball the last month and were a better team. 

Go drown yourself in some suds or something ... let a man have his faith.  If you have none, too bad.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Re: Send Agon back to San Diego : A-Gon being religious is fine....but he is basically blaming what happened on god.....thats a cop out. He needs to own up to his failures. Just like everyone else on that field should as well.
    Posted by gbman87603

Adrian believes in God, nothing wrong with that and think about this rationally.  Adrian is the new kid in town, the last thing he or the team needs is to put blame on any of his teammates.  Adrian didn't let anyone down this season but himself.  He had labrum surgery that takes up to a full year before regaining full strength.  During that time it hurts like help on certain days "I had it and know" we should be happy to have the guy so concentrate your anger on the real issues beginning with Lackey, Miller, Wake, Weland, Doubront, Jenks and partial collapses from our best two Bard and Pap.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from gbman87603. Show gbman87603's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Send Agon back to San Diego : Adrian believes in God, nothing wrong with that and think about this rationally.  Adrian is the new kid in town, the last thing he or the team needs is to put blame on any of his teammates.  Adrian didn't let anyone down this season but himself.  He had labrum surgery that takes up to a full year before regaining full strength.  During that time it hurts like help on certain days "I had it and know" we should be happy to have the guy so concentrate your anger on the real issues beginning with Lackey, Miller, Wake, Weland, Doubront, Jenks and partial collapses from our best two Bard and Pap.
    Posted by craze4sox[/QUOTE]

Again, nothing wrong with beleiving in god....would have just rather heard something more about how it was the teams fault....not that it was some how gods plan. If he beleives that fine, but keep your faith to yourself and your family. He is a very good player, and I hope he builds on this year.

Not sure how you can blame the collapse on "Weilland, Doubrant, and Jenks"....Weilland is a young kid brought up to start in huge spots, not his fault, he was set up to fail. Doubront got hurt, in the same way you say A-Gon is hurt, so was doubront. Jenks is on Theo, but he wasnt around so not his fault.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from billfry. Show billfry's posts

This is crazy. He is the best 1st basemen in baseball!! Tex can't hold a candle to him! Stop ripping the players, they had a bad month! AGON and CC and Lackey will all lead us in the future to more chanpionships then Papi and Beckett did, you'll see.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mfymfy. Show mfymfy's posts

Hard to believe people here are having problems w/ AGon's statements. He's a spiritual man as is Mo. Any interview with Rivera starts and ends with his belief in his faith.

These guys view the world through that prism, and when things are going well, they thank their Maker. When things are not going so well, they thank their Maker, and then head for the batting cage or the bullpen mound and correct it.

Might not jibe with the morning after frustration of the fans, but I've got no problem with it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

this is ridiculous....... Tough times (and I'm talking alot tougher than just your sports teams brings out the best....or the worst in people)

for example after a hurricane, there are though that lend a helping hand and then those who go around looting.

Lets NOT BRING OUT the worst of sox nation.

Please lets all refrain of hating on one of our best players because he has religious beliefs!!!

Lets get real people, it hurts....this loss hurts all of us, but we have to learn to deal with it. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pschuller. Show pschuller's posts

Well said, ctredsoxfanhugh. We certainly don't know the whole story about A-gon, his faith, or his possible injuries. And of course, he has the right to speak his faith, and I am happy for him that he has one, but I generally wish players would not bring God into the equation when they are talking about the outcome of sporting events, and with things ending as badly as they did, it probably was not the right focus for his comments.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]It was not in God's plan  ?? He has a plan ? Wake up and feel the anger in Boston,     that just saw a $161 million dollar  team   win   25% of it's games in the last month. Two out   2 strike  bottom of the 9th and Paps   does not  throw a split   finger... Crawford  does not play the ball  on a hop  to give himself a chance  to throw to the plate  ---  and has  no arm.. God  must have  been watching  Sunshine  network... and smiling on the Ray's   as yankees  use  12 pitchers..  and blow a 7-0 lead.. I am so angry at this team , I am not even sure I can  contemplate or  get  interested NEXT year.   Multiply that by  the rest of the Sox nation and John Henry  you got a problem....

I could less If Agon said Hail Satan to the press every time the Red Sox won.  I don't think what players say has any bearing on anything at all.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

'I've come here to beat the Yankees'. Right.