Send Iggy down for Drew? Really?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

Re: Send Iggy down for Drew? Really?

Drew may equal a needed piece later.  The better his play, the better the piece.  Root for both Drew and Iglesias to play well, and if that happens, Iglesias will clearly be the shortstop after the trade.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Actually , I never said that Iglesias was the better hitter. I said that I thought he would become just that. My main point was that whatever edge Drew may have on offense is not nearly large enough to offset the defense.   I certainly don't think any of that was nonsensical or beyond belief. 

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

when you say that Iggy is better offensively than drew when all the stats say otherwise you are saying dumb things. Get a clue DG

There's not a GM, manager, or scout in the world who would bet on Iggy outhitting Drew in 2013.

As I have argued elsewhere, there's also no way any GM, scout or manager would say Drew is close to the same defensive level of Iggy right now as well.

Even with .583 BA headstart this year after 3 games, I seriously doubt anyone in baseball would bet Iggy comes within 50 OPS points to Drew in 2013 (assuming drew gets healthy and has a significant sample size).

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

Who cares? Iggy is exactly what this team needs, and that alone is more valuable then Drew will ever be.

I agree, but why the need to distort reality?

No matter what softy advocates and you follow lock-step, the means do not justify the ends.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

To think that a .008 BA differential between a minor league number and a major league number means Iggy is even better in this one offensive category, and yes it is an important category, is just plain nonsense. What is more nonsensical is to think the .008 BA advantage outweighs the .015 OBP and .119 SLG% advantage by Drew (BTW, these are not "metrics") is beyond belief.

Beyond belief , huh ? Wow.  I think I'll just wait and see how this year plays out.  I think Iglesias is improving every day. Drew's hitting is nothing special.  Iglesias should not be hard pressed to surpass it.  By the way , your arrogance is " nonsensical. "

Then this later...

Actually , I never said that Iglesias was the better hitter. I said that I thought he would become just that. My main point was that whatever edge Drew may have on offense is not nearly large enough to offset the defense.   I certainly don't think any of that was nonsensical or beyond belief. 

You sounded likeyou felt  Iggy had a good chance to "surpass" Drew's numbers this year.

I say that is "nonsense". maybe a poor choice of words, but I do not think it is insulting.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

To think that a .008 BA differential between a minor league number and a major league number means Iggy is even better in this one offensive category, and yes it is an important category, is just plain nonsense. What is more nonsensical is to think the .008 BA advantage outweighs the .015 OBP and .119 SLG% advantage by Drew (BTW, these are not "metrics") is beyond belief.

Beyond belief , huh ? Wow.  I think I'll just wait and see how this year plays out.  I think Iglesias is improving every day. Drew's hitting is nothing special.  Iglesias should not be hard pressed to surpass it.  By the way , your arrogance is " nonsensical. "

Then this later...

You sounded likeyou felt  Iggy had a good chance to "surpass" Drew's numbers this year.

I say that is "nonsense". maybe a poor choice of words, but I do not think it is insulting.

I absolutely do think that Iglesias has a good chance to out hit Drew this year. It would not surprise me at all.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

Hey Soft....Remember when you said:

"Bill, I love you to death"......

That was awesome....... 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to Kingface12's comment:

Hey Soft....Remember when you said:

"Bill, I love you to death"......

That was awesome....... 

LOL!

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

The bunt was beautiful, and the save on Ross's throw to second was perfect. Sadly I suspect anytime a player tries to bunt the FO immediately starts to file the players exit papers.

i really like the addition of Ross, he was great defensively tonight especially gunning down those 2 runners.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kjcaesar. Show kjcaesar's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

You can never be too careful when dealing with concussions. Drew should be given extended time to recover. Don't want to bring him back too soon and risk another concussion.  He is a good guy. I am very concerned about his health.

hopefully long a long one ; )

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Update: Iglesias currently batting .583 for Boston.  Drew is batting zero for Portland.   Drew should narrow the gap as the sample size grows.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Update: Iglesias currently batting .583 for Boston.  Drew is batting zero for Portland.   Drew should narrow the gap as the sample size grows.

I wouldn't be so sure, I think Iggy may end up at .750.

;)

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

This happened.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Love all the posters who thought Iggy was better than Drew because of a few IF hits and weak grounders that found some holes. Drew had a MLB track record of being a solid defensive SS along with having a good bat and good splits vs RH and LHP. Anyone still think Iggy is the better choice?

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I wouldnt mind a weaker hitting ss with GG defense. Although I would rather have the overall better player.

Drews defense has been what we've seen this year. Solid and steady. For a SS, his 760-800 OPS is very good. He had very good splits with RH and LHP as well. Iggy will be hovering around the mendoza line for a BA and will struggle to get to a 300OBP. His SLG will be in the mid 300's.

The trade off with Iggys defense and drews isnt so much of a game changer that it would make a difference. The 150 OPS points does. I wouldnt even hand the job to Iggy next year if he doesnt prove he can hit AAA pitching.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

So glad Sox signed Drew, really good player all-around.  Iggy, with his numbers at AAA and with his pouting, has yet to prove he belongs in AAA let alone in the major leagues.