Send money to get rid of Beckett

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Send money to get rid of Beckett

Honest to God on my children's soul, I will pledge $5 to anyone who organizes a legit foundation to help offset the costs of putting Beckett on waivers and eating some of his salary...I know Henry is rich enough to cover this loss but I would gladly be willing to contribute to this fund....if anyone knows how to do this, let me know....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Re: Send money to get rid of Beckett

Send Beckett, Youk, Ranaudo, Cecchini, and $15M for Josh Johnson and Giancarlo Stanton.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

Fans like you make me sick.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

In Response to Send money to get rid of Beckett:
    [QUOTE]Honest to God on my children's soul, I will pledge $5 to anyone who organizes a legit foundation to help offset the costs of putting Beckett on waivers and eating some of his salary...I know Henry is rich enough to cover this loss but I would gladly be willing to contribute to this fund....if anyone knows how to do this, let me know....
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

I think there is a time when you can pass players though waivers and if a team claims them they are the new teams property (including salary).  I remember they did this with Manny and no one touched him.  The team waivering the player can pull the player back but doesn't have too.  I would not want to lose one dime on Beckett. If this is possible that is the route I would go.   Beckett should pay the fans back at least this seasons salary for having to watch his pathetic act.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

I did this once with JD Drew, I actually had a lot of people on this forum pledging $10-20 for a people's buyout of the contract.  I needed 3.5 million people to pledge $20 each, which in truth, is actually doable.

I got $5 on Josh.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

In Response to Re: Send money to get rid of Beckett:
    [QUOTE]Send Beckett, Youk, Ranaudo, Cecchini, and $15M for Josh Johnson and Giancarlo Stanton.
    Posted by seannybboi[/QUOTE]

Are you seriously you want to give up Ranaudo?  

Give up Bucholtz first!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I cant get my arms around the storm?
    -Beer and chicken? Who cares?
    -Golf? Who cares?
    Bottom line, if he was picthing better, no one would care. You want to get rid of him? Find someone better?
    Listen closely. They are 7.5 out playing with a AAA team. Lets see how the team perfoms when healthy. No need to panic in May.
    If you dont like the team, or Beckett, dont go to the games.
    Whats the point of coming on BDC and posting silly comments and dumb trades? (like Marlins would ever trade Stanton while he has team cost control for numerous years)

I happen to think the other Boston pariah, Tomase actuall hit the neail on the head. V was hired to make roster changes and speak his mind (the anti Tito, remember)...have to assume BC isnt allowing V to move Bard to the pen, and V was spoken to about his critique of Youk.
    Want to change the culture? Let V be V...dont harness him.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Send money to get rid of Beckett : Are you seriously you want to give up Ranaudo?   Give up Bucholtz first!!
    Posted by GoUconn13[/QUOTE]

I rather hold onto Barnes instead of Ranaudo.  And I would gladly take JJ over Ranaudo anytime.  Bucholz should be fine by end of May.  He's his hair cut short and looks like he's about to burst. 

On the other hand, Beckett looks like he wants to leave this team. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Josh Beckett has entered the Red Sox Nation "twilight zone."

There is nothing he can do , short of pitch 3 perfect games in a row, to win back the fans.

He has always been arrogant, he has always been deadpan and uninterested in talking to the media, but up until this year , he has always managed just enough "good" starts to keep a percentage of the fans "on his side."

But, an arrogant, overpaid pitcher who pitches ( in his own words) "like sh*t"...is not going to be a fan favorite.

Sure , he admits he was awful, he credits the bullpen for doing their job. And he is somewhat sorry they are having to work their tails off to clean up his ( and the other starter's messes).

None of this is enough.

What we need , what we want, is a guy who at least pretends to care ( just a little) about winning games ( not golf games....baseball games, the ones he's being paid 16 million a year to win).

Can you Mr. Beckett, at least try to appear as if you care about the Red Sox team?

The black hole of Red Sox Nation's "twilight zone" has already claimed Nomar Garciaparra, Julio Lugo, Manny Ramirez, John Lackey and Carl Crawford. Beckett joins this group now.

You never escape from a black hole.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

[QUOTE]Josh Beckett has entered the Red Sox Nation "twilight zone." There is nothing he can do , short of pitch 3 perfect games in a row, to win back the fans. He has always been arrogant, he has always been deadpan and uninterested in talking to the media, but up until this year , he has always managed just enough "good" starts to keep a percentage of the fans "on his side." But, an arrogant, overpaid pitcher who pitches ( in his own words) "like sh*t"...is not going to be a fan favorite. Sure , he admits he was awful, he credits the bullpen for doing their job. And he is somewhat sorry they are having to work their tails off to clean up his ( and the other starter's messes). None of this is enough. What we need , what we want, is a guy who at least pretends to care ( just a little) about winning games ( not golf games....baseball games, the ones he's being paid 16 million a year to win). Can you Mr. Beckett, at least try to appear as if you care about the Red Sox team? The black hole of Red Sox Nation's "twilight zone" has already claimed Nomar Garciaparra, Julio Lugo, Manny Ramirez, John Lackey and Carl Crawford. Beckett joins this group now. You never escape from a black hole.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]
    LMAO ZILLA...Great post

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

In response to "Re: Send money to get rid of Beckett": [QUOTE]I cant get my arms around the storm? -Beer and chicken? Who cares? -Golf? Who cares? Bottom line, if he was picthing better, no one would care. You want to get rid of him? Find someone better? Listen closely. They are 7.5 out playing with a AAA team. Lets see how the team perfoms when healthy. No need to panic in May. If you dont like the team, or Beckett, dont go to the games. Whats the point of coming on BDC and posting silly comments and dumb trades? (like Marlins would ever trade Stanton while he has team cost control for numerous years) I happen to think the other Boston pariah, Tomase actuall hit the neail on the head. V was hired to make roster changes and speak his mind (the anti Tito, remember)...have to assume BC isnt allowing V to move Bard to the pen, and V was spoken to about his critique of Youk. Want to change the culture? Let V be V...dont harness him. Posted by rkarp[/QUOTE] He pitched well last year bit people were still allover him. If I was Beckett I wouldn't want to pitch here either. 9th in cy young voting but you wouldn't know that if you just listlened to gerom and has. I'll say it again I'm ashamed of the fans never the team.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Send money to get rid of Beckett": He pitched well last year bit people were still allover him. If I was Beckett I wouldn't want to pitch here either. 9th in cy young voting but you wouldn't know that if you just listlened to gerom and has. I'll say it again I'm ashamed of the fans never the team.
    Posted by RSF4Life234[/QUOTE]

But see, you don't seem to "get it" anymore than Josh does.

Boston fans, we love a guy who hustles , who gets dirty trying to win games. In short we love any player that shows us he's serious about winning.

Most of us loved Dwight Evans, Trot Nixon, Bruce Hurst, Rico Petrocelli, Yaz, George Scott, Marty Barrett, Mike Timlin, and surely I am leaving many deserving players off the list.

These players respected the fans, the media, played their @sses off ( sometimes with less talent than many of their teammates), they gave the impression that they wanted to win ( and who's to argue whether it was genuine or fake?).

Players who enter the twilight zone fell out of favor with the fans and media. Not because the team wasn't winning, not because they played badly...but because they don't seem interested in winning OR gave the impression that they don't give a damn."

Beckett has entered the black hole. Time to get rid of him. His presence on the team is a big minus. He has pretty much admitted that he only cares about himself , him first, team second....or maybe third or fourth.

Mr. Cherrington, get more team players. Win or lose, we will love them. Get more Becketts and the seats will all be empty soon.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from harv53. Show harv53's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Send money to get rid of Beckett : But see, you don't seem to "get it" anymore than Josh does. Boston fans, we love a guy who hustles , who gets dirty trying to win games. In short we love any player that shows us he's serious about winning. Most of us loved Dwight Evans, Trot Nixon, Bruce Hurst, Rico Petrocelli, Yaz, George Scott, Marty Barrett, Mike Timlin, and surely I am leaving many deserving players off the list. These players respected the fans, the media, played their @sses off ( sometimes with less talent than many of their teammates), they gave the impression that they wanted to win ( and who's to argue whether it was genuine or fake?). Players who enter the twilight zone fell out of favor with the fans and media. Not because the team wasn't winning, not because they played badly...but because they don't seem interested in winning OR gave the impression that they don't give a damn." Beckett has entered the black hole. Time to get rid of him. His presence on the team is a big minus. He has pretty much admitted that he only cares about himself , him first, team second....or maybe third or fourth. Mr. Cherrington, get more team players. Win or lose, we will love them. Get more Becketts and the seats will all be empty soon.

Very well put Zill! Don't agree with you politically but my hat's off to you for seeing the truth. Most fans turn a blind eye to Beckett's indifference, or don't want to admit he is a major problem. I put on another thread about his unwillingness to even try to hit during interleague play, as if it's beneath him.
    Like you, I would rather have a team of misfits who are playing their butts off, than a bunch of overpaid whiners, who think they are entitlted.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

As far as gaining favor with RS fans, does anybody honestly think anything short of performing at a very high level would do that for any player and/or the team once high profile status is attained?

The list of guys who have had firestorms around them in their time here is long and many of the players are quite accomplished:

Ted Williams
    Yaz
    Rice
    Pedro
    Manny
    Ortiz in April-May 2009 and again in 2010

So while I think Beckett used poor judgment in golfing does it matter in terms of getting "fan support"?

Not really IMHO.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Send money to get rid of Beckett : But see, you don't seem to "get it" anymore than Josh does. Boston fans, we love a guy who hustles , who gets dirty trying to win games. In short we love any player that shows us he's serious about winning. Most of us loved Dwight Evans, Trot Nixon, Bruce Hurst, Rico Petrocelli, Yaz, George Scott, Marty Barrett, Mike Timlin, and surely I am leaving many deserving players off the list. These players respected the fans, the media, played their @sses off ( sometimes with less talent than many of their teammates), they gave the impression that they wanted to win ( and who's to argue whether it was genuine or fake?). Players who enter the twilight zone fell out of favor with the fans and media. Not because the team wasn't winning, not because they played badly...but because they don't seem interested in winning OR gave the impression that they don't give a damn." Beckett has entered the black hole. Time to get rid of him. His presence on the team is a big minus. He has pretty much admitted that he only cares about himself , him first, team second....or maybe third or fourth. Mr. Cherrington, get more team players. Win or lose, we will love them. Get more Becketts and the seats will all be empty soon.

Zilla,
    No one cares about your nostalgic love affairs with players. This is a bottom line team. Win and you can drink whiskey and take steroids. Lose and you cant play golf.
    Put the nostalgia away and assume that if the team would be better without Beckett, the Sox would be doing something about it. To get rid of him because you dont think he tries hard or respects the fans is foolish.
    Beckett is not the reason why the team is losing, it is players 26 thru 33 that wouldnt be on the team given health.
    Think Lester loses that last game with CC and Ells defensively in the OF?
    Lars Anderson has PA from LF. M Byrd was traded for. Dmac is getting regular PA's. For crying out loud, these guys shouldnt be even on the team!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pschuller. Show pschuller's posts

In Response to Send money to get rid of Beckett:
    [QUOTE]Honest to God on my children's soul, I will pledge $5 to anyone who organizes a legit foundation to help offset the costs of putting Beckett on waivers and eating some of his salary...I know Henry is rich enough to cover this loss but I would gladly be willing to contribute to this fund....if anyone knows how to do this, let me know....
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

It's called "crowdsourcing" and I think it's a great idea! Try kickstarter.com.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

Good post Zilla.

I've been a big fan going all the way back to 1967.   Back in those days I remember listing to the games on AM radio and the signal would just barely come in where I lived.    I would listen to late West Coast games regardless of what time I had to go to work the next day.  

When the Red Sox finally won the World Series I was estatic as an "Impossible Dream" became reality.  

IMO, It appears that over the years, the growth of massive guarranteed contracts has helped to create primidonas like Josh Beckett.  I thought Clemens was bad enough proclaiming tails of woe because he had to carry his own bags from time to time.  But Beckett really takes the cake.  Beckett makes more money in three games work than the average fan makes in a lifetime.   The least he and others on this team could do is to create an image of being at least half way decent people.  

Beckett and other's on this current team have just about killed most of my enthusiam for the Red Sox.   They have no heart.  None.  Zippo.

So if Beckett and others choose to act the way that they do, I choose my right to boycott this team until they show me something, anything other than a bunch of spoiled brats playing like shi----------t.  

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pschuller. Show pschuller's posts

THANK YOU, ZILLA!!! That is what most Boston fans care about, in general, and it is really hard for me to believe that all the good hardworking people of Boston would be able to stand the type of self-centered, arrogant behavior that Beckett has recently displayed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Send money to get rid of Beckett : Zilla, No one cares about your nostalgic love affairs with players.
    Posted by rkarp[/QUOTE]

You are in the minority on this one.

It seems I am gaining lots of support here.

Sorry, if you don't agree. But, you do have that right.

Thanks for your input.