SERIOUSLY.... did papi really have to drop the f-bomb to mar such a great ceremony?

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from crix. Show crix's posts

Re: SERIOUSLY.... did papi really have to drop the f-bomb to mar such a great ceremony?

The only bombs worth getting upset about happened on Monday.

Get over the puritanical prudishness.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

Re: SERIOUSLY.... did papi really have to drop the f-bomb to mar such a great ceremony?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LeftyGrove. Show LeftyGrove's posts

In response to CommyContrarian's comment:

its one thing to b passionate, its one thing to have a vocabulary and know whats appropriate. there are kids all over the place.. very unbecoming!

I understand his emotions. Here in NY on 9/11, many of us uttered far worse after friends, fathers, husbands, sisters, mothers,brothers, you name it were murdered, we watched those towers come down. We will never forget, we stand with Boston, .

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to prknsdnld's comment:

In response to J-BAY's comment:

[QUOTE]

its one thing to b passionate, its one thing to have a vocabulary and know whats appropriate. there are kids all over the place.. very unbecoming!

[/QUOTE

Who do you think he learned it from?? Wink He said it just came out from his emotion, pain and love of the city. Not approprate, but I don't have a problem with it. if theres a day for it it's today. FCC said they stand with Papi, no fine 

Explain to your kid when the time is good for that language. There are 37000 people in the stands, and not all of them strut around with their pants on the ground and backwards hat and reflecting medallions. We need to take back society. To suggest this was okay because of the situation is B.S. They should have let Gomes do the speech, not this washed up rap star....

Great post.........  It was a great day yesterday for all of America, but your right, there was no need, no place for that kind of disrespectful gutter talk...... I wish that "big Papi" had used his head a little bit better !!

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE

Who do you think he learned it from?? Wink He said it just came out from his emotion, pain and love of the city. Not approprate, but I don't have a problem with it. if theres a day for it it's today. FCC said they stand with Papi, no fine 

Explain to your kid when the time is good for that language. There are 37000 people in the stands, and not all of them strut around with their pants on the ground and backwards hat and reflecting medallions. We need to take back society. To suggest this was okay because of the situation is B.S. They should have let Gomes do the speech, not this washed up rap star....

Great post.........  It was a great day yesterday for all of America, but your right, there was no need, no place for that kind of disrespectful gutter talk...... I wish that "big Papi" had used his head a little bit better !!

loosen up a little gramps...

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

In response to Bill-806's comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE

loosen up a little gramps...

And you & others need to SMARTEN UP !!!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

I'm sure it slipped out of his mouth by accident.  I use it too (especially when I am stuck in traffic or when soap goes into my eyes).   LOL

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

I want the Boston Strong t-shirt ...  anybody know where you can get it online?

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Thanks J-BAY!!

On another note, here's the latest weird thing with BDC. When I look at my posts, I no  longer see the "edit"  button. However, I do see it on your post above. Which means, of course, that I'm ...

So if I wanted, I could go edit everything you just wrote and make you confess to being a Yankee fan or something. What in the heck is up with this forum lately?  

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE

Please. He laced the worst obscenity you can say on TV and he didn't care.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

He let his emotions get the best of him which is completely understood.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to LloydDobler's comment:

Thanks J-BAY!!

On another note, here's the latest weird thing with BDC. When I look at my posts, I no  longer see the "edit"  button. However, I do see it on your post above. Which means, of course, that I'm ...

So if I wanted, I could go edit everything you just wrote and make you confess to being a Yankee fan or something. What in the heck is up with this forum lately?  

Welcome, Lloyd. BBB rated A, also.

Best I can figure, the last poster in the thread you're in or respond to, shows up as welcome_____You still post as yourself, but there's a delay. If you click on your own screen name or post, it will post right away. If you post under your own screen name, edit will be available. That said, feel free to edit. You'll improve my post two foldSmile

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

though admittedly far from the same context, Beckett used to drop them on the regular during his pressers...and not for nothing but if you watch just about any baseball  game on TV while not audible you'll see a player mouth an f-bomb after striking out, or a pitcher giving up a jack.. 

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

It would've been fine if Papi brought his firearm & fired a few shots in the air, but the F-word? UNFORGIVABLE!

These guys are so busy worshiping the 2nd Ammendment they forget about the 1st one.