Several Reasons why Farrell would be a Good Choice

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Re: Several Reasons why Farrell would be a Good Choice

Interesting perspective. Not that I agree with him, but Britton articulates his position well.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Farrell will probably be let go by the Jays. Sox should patiently go about their other business;

post season evaluations, establishing the 40 man roster, preparing for the Rule 5, reviewing all FA to be, etc. If he's meant to be the next Sox manager he will be there.

There aren't a whole lot of vacancies--Brad Ausmus and DeMarlo Hale will be around until after the WS unless DeMarlo follows Francona to Cleveland.

What is your thought of Varitek and/ or the Paw Sox manager as possible Sox managers?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

im not a big proponent of JF but if he didnt cost us a prospect, i would be Ok with that...the reality is that like last season in which Ben stood pat and did nothing to better the team, they now have money and lessons learned...the Sox will stand or fall based on the roster, not the manager in 2013

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3952186. Show user_3952186's posts

In response to pike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

http://www.providencejournal.com/sports/red-sox/content/20121006-three-overriding-factors-why-john-farrell-could-be-the-next-boston-manager.ece

[/QUOTE]

Most significant skillset needed, by either one individual or more, is the management of the pitching staff. A top class pitching staff cures all other ills, including media.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to FenwayJimmy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to georom4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

im not a big proponent of JF but if he didnt cost us a prospect, i would be Ok with that...the reality is that like last season in which Ben stood pat and did nothing to better the team, they now have money and lessons learned...the Sox will stand or fall based on the roster, not the manager in 2013

[/QUOTE]

so it wasnt Valentine's fault, it was the luxury tax? huh?  if you couldve gotten rid of beckett and crawford during the season, they couldve done so before the season...ben did NOTHING but sign retreads and did NOTHING to address the clubhouse rot...even he is mentioning it as his number 1 priority now....stop making excuses...2012 was an epic fail for everyone

You were on the forum daily during the winter and didn't notice that the consensus of opinion was that the Red Sox had little money to spend. Their hands were tied after spending so much for Crawford, Gonzalez, Jenks, and Beckett. I thought that everyone was aware of that? You don't recall how close they were to the luxury tax and revenue tax threshholds?

[/QUOTE]

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Farrell already has a mangerial job. and apparently he lieks it in Toronto.

There are plenty of other candidates out there as good as Farrell.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to notin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Farrell already has a mangerial job. and apparently he lieks it in Toronto.

There are plenty of other candidates out there as good as Farrell.

[/QUOTE]

Ive read that he and the GM are not on the best of terms...Not sure if its true, but I wouldn't go as far to say that he likes it there...

Bottom line, I agree with you that there are more candidates that could do a good job with this team.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Should have known the Thread Bearer was incapable of giving his own reasons.... 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

Good link, but I am not sure that I think that Farrell is the answer as the manager of the Sox in 2013 especially if he is going to cost a top prospect.  If he is let go by the Blue Jays then he is probably as good as the other candidates.

The guy I would like to see to become the manager next year is DeMarlo Hale.  He is one of those baseball lifers who has already put in the years learning, and has to be ready now or will never be ready.   He has been in Boston so he should be ready to handle to media crush, the players liked him as an assistant, etc, etc.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to EnchiladaT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

correct... i should have expected a link...duped again by the pikester

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

In response to charliedarling's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Good link, but I am not sure that I think that Farrell is the answer as the manager of the Sox in 2013 especially if he is going to cost a top prospect.  If he is let go by the Blue Jays then he is probably as good as the other candidates.

The guy I would like to see to become the manager next year is DeMarlo Hale.  He is one of those baseball lifers who has already put in the years learning, and has to be ready now or will never be ready.   He has been in Boston so he should be ready to handle to media crush, the players liked him as an assistant, etc, etc.

[/QUOTE]

since when he is going to cost us a top prospect?  Why Boston didnt get a top prospect when they lost Theo to the Cubs?

If Farrell have like five years contract with the Blue Jays, maybe that is going to cost Boston a top prospect.  But Farrell is in his last year contract with the Blue Jays, it is more likely going to cost Boston a mid-range prospect.  Maybe they can have Carpenter who went from Cubs to Boston and could soon to be going to Toronto.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to EnchiladaT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

correct... i should have expected a link...duped again by the pikester

[/QUOTE]

Yes I was thinking "wow IT has something to say about baseball so I will open the thread, and then walaah as per the norm it is only a link.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

any person who thinks Farrell could change the culture of the sox players that he helped create with francona is an imbecile...he is the enemy....and his managing in tORONTO is proof that he's learned nothing about discipline or x's and o's.....then again this is Ben Cherrington were talking about - maybe the most overmatched GM in the history of sports...

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

[QUOTE]

any person who thinks Farrell could change the culture of the sox players that he helped create with francona is an imbecile...he is the enemy....and his managing in tORONTO is proof that he's learned nothing about discipline or x's and o's.....then again this is Ben Cherrington were talking about - maybe the most overmatched GM in the history of sports...

[/QUOTE]

AGREED

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, bringing in a "disciplinarian" this year worked out great!

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.