Shall we look in on our departed this spring?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

Shall we look in on our departed this spring?

Reddick    .344   .364   .563   .927
    Lowrie     .364    .462   .636  1.098 
    Scutaro   .150    .320   .200   .520

Well, looks we may have gotten one right anyway!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Re: Shall we look in on our departed this spring?

Departed? or "Deported?"

I often think of "departed" as dead....but that's just me.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In Response to Re: Shall we look in on our departed this spring?:
    [QUOTE]Departed? or "Deported?" I often think of "departed" as dead....but that's just me.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]

Ha! Good one Zill. I did almost put "dearly departed", but that WOULD have been more like dead.
    I realize you can't put much stock in to ST stats, but I really do expect both Reddick and Lowrie to do well in their new digs. Scutaro is still in shock I believe!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

It's only a matter of time until Lowrie gets hurt/sick.

Actually, the other issue with Lowrie is his extremely limited range at SS.  He'd make a decent first baseman, but as a shortstop he looked like Tanner.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

The Patriots went winless one year in exhibition and made it the Super Bowl.
    The Sox won the Grapefruit League one year and then had a terrible season.
    The Sox finished last in the ST standings another year, and I think that was when they won the '04 series. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

ST stats mean nothing except for those trying to make a roster.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Yes, we would have been a much better Spring Training ballclub had we had these guys.  A sure lock for the Mayor's Cup.  At this point, we'll just have to hope we win it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

In Response to Shall we look in on our departed this spring?:
    [QUOTE]Reddick    .344   .364   .563   .927 Lowrie     .364    .462   .636  1.098  Scutaro   .150    .320   .200   .520 Well, looks we may have gotten one right anyway!
    Posted by Alibiike[/QUOTE]

I thought this thread was about the movie "The Departed". They filmed alot of it in the bar I used to live above in Brooklyn. Would be cool to meet Space there when I go up, maybe mid May.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Shall we look in on our departed this spring?:
    [QUOTE]Reddick    .344   .364   .563   .927 Lowrie     .364    .462   .636  1.098  Scutaro   .150    .320   .200   .520 Well, looks we may have gotten one right anyway!
    Posted by Alibiike[/QUOTE]

I can see Reddick having a "Nick Swisher" type career, who I also think would be a good fit for us in RF next season if our guys don't work out. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

Won't an 0-4 day in spring training at this time lower your BA by 100 pts? Actually I'm hoping that Reddick, Lowrie, and Scutaro have great years. I'm also hoping that Bailey and Melanchon do well also. It is possible that Cherrington and the other GMs were all winners.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

[QUOTE]Won't an 0-4 day in spring training at this time lower your BA by 100 pts? Actually I'm hoping that Reddick, Lowrie, and Scutaro have great years. I'm also hoping that Bailey and Melanchon do well also. It is possible that Cherrington and the other GMs were all winners.
    Posted by lowelll[/QUOTE]

Who is melanchon? 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Ther wouldn't have been room anyway.  Ciriaco has a 1.305 OPS and Wilkerson has a 3.000 OPS.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I hadn't realized so many important people had passed away this spring.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

[QUOTE]I hadn't realized so many important people had passed away this spring.
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

Are there non-important people? I mean, even pike serves some usefullness or at least kimsaysthis thinks so.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

[QUOTE]It's only a matter of time until Lowrie gets hurt/sick. Actually, the other issue with Lowrie is his extremely limited range at SS.  He'd make a decent first baseman, but as a shortstop he looked like Tanner.
    Posted by DirtyWaterLover[/QUOTE]

I remember a interview Lowrie gave when he was down at Pawtucket. This was the time when he and Crawford bumped into each other. Lowrie kept insisting he wouldn't play till he was sure he was 100% healthy. This coming from a ballplayer IMO should have been bustin his butt to get back to Fenway, good riddance to him.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Shall we look in on our departed this spring? : Are there non-important people? I mean, even pike serves some usefullness or at least kimsaysthis thinks so.
    Posted by TBINFL[/QUOTE]

Good point, but I honestly thought this thread was going to be about famous people who dies this spring.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

Let's see. Depart means leave, and departed means dead? If the present tense is leave shouldn't the past tense mean left?
    I see dead people!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tom-uk. Show tom-uk's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Shall we look in on our departed this spring? :    I remember a interview Lowrie gave when he was down at Pawtucket. This was the time when he and Crawford bumped into each other. Lowrie kept insisting he wouldn't play till he was sure he was 100% healthy. This coming from a ballplayer IMO should have been bustin his butt to get back to Fenway, good riddance to him.
    Posted by attic-dan[/QUOTE]

That worked well when he came back too early from a mis-diagnosed wrist fracture.

or others who came back too early and made their injury worse:

Cameron hernia
    Ellsbury fracture
    Pedroia fracture
    Lowell hip DJD
    Youk hernia

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Shall we look in on our departed this spring? : That worked well when he came back too early from a mis-diagnosed wrist fracture. or others who came back too early and made their injury worse: Cameron hernia Ellsbury fracture Pedroia fracture Lowell hip DJD Youk hernia
    Posted by tom-uk[/QUOTE]

Maybe lowrie learned a lesson after hiding his wrist injury from the team and going something 1 for 20 in a pennant drive, before he came clean. People busted his chops (myslef included) for not being honest, but it did show he was willing to play through pain at that point in his career.

I don't see how an 80% Lowrie was going to help us anyways, when a 100% Lowrie was nothing more than a servicable utility infielder.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from tom-uk. Show tom-uk's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Shall we look in on our departed this spring? : Maybe lowrie learned a lesson after hiding his wrist injury from the team and going something 1 for 20 in a pennant drive, before he came clean. People busted his chops (myslef included) for not being honest, but it did show he was willing to play through pain at that point in his career. I don't see how an 80% Lowrie was going to help us anyways, when a 100% Lowrie was nothing more than a servicable utility infielder.

Mr Moon,
    You may have written him off too early, and it looks like he will get a chance.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Shall we look in on our departed this spring? : Mr Moon, You may have written him off too early, and it looks like he will get a chance.
    Posted by tom-uk[/QUOTE]

I agree, but while here, he was what he was.

(Remember, I was the author of the longest Lowrie thread on this site... "No Pop Jed..." the one about him leading the team in Slg% vs LHPs.)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from tom-uk. Show tom-uk's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Shall we look in on our departed this spring? : I agree, but while here, he was what he was. (Remember, I was the author of the longest Lowrie thread on this site... "No Pop Jed..." the one about him leading the team in Slg% vs LHPs.)

True.

He needs three things to happen to fulfill his potential:

1 Stay healthy
    2 Stay healthy
    3 Stay healthy

Just kidding:

2. Hit RHP like he used to.
    3. Pull a Jeter, if you have bad range you can't make errors (ie like he did as a rookie).

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Bill-806 & Dad are back for another season !!!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Shall we look in on our departed this spring? : That worked well when he came back too early from a mis-diagnosed wrist fracture. or others who came back too early and made their injury worse: Cameron hernia Ellsbury fracture Pedroia fracture Lowell hip DJD Youk hernia
    Posted by tom-uk[/QUOTE]

So in your opinion A-Gon, Pedroia, Scutaro, Youk, and Salty should have sat down because they certainly were not 100% healthy. What bothered me about the interview is that he stated he wouldn't play if 100% healthy at least six times. If you look at fragile in the dictionary you see a picture of Lowrie.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

I was thinking we might have heard how Pap was doing in his new home!!!!

I wish him well--like I wish Jed, Scu and  Josh well--they all did their best while part of the "Nation."

There will be more departing soon and there will be more coming soon.

Should be interesting--The Jays and Rays may be tough for the Sox and Yanks to overcome.