Shane Far Superior Player to Ellsbury: Why are Red Sox Fans So Dilluded About Ellsbury?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Re: Shane Far Superior Player to Ellsbury: Why are Red Sox Fans So Dilluded About Ellsbury?

Even if i believe Shane is better, I would never, ever admit it when you are within cyber earshot.  I will always call Ellsbury a dazzling baseball God, only because your hilarious obsession with him is so much fun to egg on.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Re: Shane Far Superior Player to Ellsbury: Why are Red Sox Fans So Dilluded About Ellsbury?

They are different players - they compliment each other well

I don't think Ellsbury could do Shane's job and I know that Shane can't do Ellsbury's job

Just another idiotic post trying to hang onto your claim that Ellsbury is garbage.......

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

I goes all the way back to Jitterbug Jake and the reverse pivot, and..... wait,  ...why am I feeding this troll?  :-(

Having the right to do something doesn't make it the right thing to do.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to RedSoxFireman's comment:

I've never said Ellsbury was "garbage". Read the thread, my dear friend.

"Dilluded"?

Dude?

Buy a dictionary. This is getting pathetic.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to S5's comment:

I goes all the way back to Jitterbug Jake and the reverse pivot, and..... wait,  ...why am I feeding this troll?  :-(

He is amusing. There is no doubt about it.  One of the best trolls ever.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=dillusion

right. now find one for dilluded.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

You are not smart.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

You're diluting your delusions?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Maybe he posted after popping a handful of dil-Ludes.        

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from illinoisredsox. Show illinoisredsox's posts

It's a fact that Shane is a superior baseball player. Look at the numbers!

Since it's a "fact", enlighten us all on what numbers those would be?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to S5's comment:

HA!!  I think you are feeding him.  I started ignoring him yesterday and I have to say.....why I didn't do that before is beyond me.  I see that he is starting to flood the board however since people are just tired of his childish act.  I recommend people start reporting him...... I swear he and pike share the same basement.....

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Lets consider the last four years in terms of game played and OPS.

Player A: 147/.756, 132/.847, 154/.704, 122/.801

Player B: 18/.485, 158/.928, 74/.682, 134/.781

Player A is a bit faster; player B has a MUCH better throwing arm. There is just a two year age difference. Player A costs $13M and is signed for just two more years;  Player B is likely to cost $18M or more over at least six years.

Which is the better deal?

WE ARE ALL JUST POPPYSEEDS IN THE BAKERY OF LIFE

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

2013 :           Shane     "Ells"

OPS              .801          .781

RBI                  61             53

HR                   15               9

FanGraphs Advanced fielding    

Ranking OF   11th         27th   (Crisp ranked 10th Reddick Ranked 23rd

2013 OPS

Drew .777

Bogaerts .684

You are consistently inconsistent.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from illinoisredsox. Show illinoisredsox's posts

2013 :           Shane     "Ells"

OPS              .801          .781

RBI                  61             53

HR                   15               9

FanGraphs Advanced fielding    

Ranking OF   11th         27th   (Crisp ranked 10th Reddick Ranked 23rd

One year sample again, I see.  One comment, Victorino benefits in the RBI total from having Ellsbury on base to knock in.  Ellsbury has basically had Salty, Middlebrooks and Drew.

I don't know anyone who would dispute that Victorino is the superior defender, so no sense even discussing that.  I would submit that Ellsbury is a more disruptive on the bases (not just steals, but the fear of steals)

Career numbers, normalized to 162 games (per Baseball Reference.com):

2013 : Shane       Jacoby

OPS .774               .789

RBI 64                       71

HR 14                        15

Altogether, not that much different from each other offensively.  Ellsbury is 2 years younger, which is a factor. 

Rational people would take either one of them on their team.  The Red Sox are lucky enough to have both for now.  However, when it comes to Ellsbury, you are not rational.  You can't even type his name, rather, you refer to him in quotes.  Rather childish.

Is he worth $20+M  per year.  No, but is any ballplayer?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

They are two very good players. It's pathetic the way softy has to continually pit one player against the other.

Even more pathetic about this thread was that softy was ripping the Victorino signing all year.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from illinoisredsox. Show illinoisredsox's posts

If you hadn't noticed the trend, Softy tends to view things through complexion colored glasses.

And just to assuage you Softy, there is every liklihood that Bogaerts will surpass Drew in terms of offensive numbers, perhaps even as early as next year.  But it's not next year right now.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

I don't think we need to resign Ells. I am sure glad he is on the team right now though.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

this thread is so terrible i shall make it better:

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:

Thanks Slash, this definitley brightens up this otherwise stupid thread!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:

Excellent job, dude. Nobody will call her a Star Wars geek.