Shane Victorino

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 808soxfan. Show 808soxfan's posts

Re: Shane Victorino

In response to raider3524's comment:
    [QUOTE]

victorino....woooooohoooooo!!!!!!!

[/QUOTE]

Hey raider. I was wondering when you would sign on. Red Sox highlights for the next three years....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Teakus. Show Teakus's posts

I just don't see any way we start the year with Ellsbury, the guy's probably already in the pipeline to be traded. I like Victorino....but $13 million for 3?! Wowsa! I bet nobody was more shocked at his price than he+his agent. But a solid, if unspectacular, guy. I'd love to see us make an offer for King Felix, with Ells as the ready now player and maybe 2 top tier prospects. It's a lot to pay, but I think he's a Pedro,Clemens,Halladay level talent. A game changer for many years to come.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In response to 808soxfan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Hey raider. I was wondering when you would sign on. Red Sox highlights for the next three years....

[/QUOTE]

man...i just love this move...i'm so pumped...the other day i was on here and i saw 808 and you said you were from hawaii..but you logged out right after.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think the plan is Victorino, but if Ells gets traded or hurt, CF's covered.

[/QUOTE]

They wanted some better defense, as well as a guy who can play CF if Ells is inolved in a trade. Which I believe he could be.

[/QUOTE]

It makes total sense to trade Ells now, but I'm not going try and pretend I know what Ben is thinking after signing Shane.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I think the plan is Victorino, but if Ells gets traded or hurt, CF's covered.

[/QUOTE]

They wanted some better defense, as well as a guy who can play CF if Ells is inolved in a trade. Which I believe he could be.

[/QUOTE]

It makes total sense to trade Ells now, but I'm not going try and pretend I know what Ben is thinking after signing Shane.

[/QUOTE]

I agree with all that say it was probably too much money but all posters saying all this aging stuff are probably the ones who said Papi was done 2 years ago and look how wrong you all were.... Victorino is hardly old at 32...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Yes, but year 3 he's 35.

No, he's not that old, but he is not expected to get any better. He's already had 2 of his last 3 years below his career OBP by about 15 points.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BMav. Show BMav's posts

[QUOTE]

Yes, but year 3 he's 35.

No, he's not that old, but he is not expected to get any better. He's already had 2 of his last 3 years below his career OBP by about 15 points.

[/QUOTE]

Year 3 he will be 34.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Three years of a .250 hitter that's past his prime? Not crazy about it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to BMav's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Yes, but year 3 he's 35.

[/QUOTE]

Ok, 34 and 5/6th by season end.

Year 3 he will be 34.

[/QUOTE]

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

So.... we've basically replaced the per year contracts of CC & Beckett now:

Victorino $13M

Napoli   $13M

Gomes  $5M

D Ross   $5M

Now, we just have AGon's contract and skillset to replace.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I believe theres groundwork already laid for an Ellsbury trade. JBJ might not be ready until sometime in 2014 and Victorino is insurance. Hes solid defensively for that big RF in Fenway and works the count at the plate. Sure its a bit of an overpay, but the tribe offered 4/44 for him. Boston paid a couple million extra to make it 3 years.

I like the move because I believe another will/can be made because of this one.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Does anyone think they plan to trade Ellsbury and then go after Hamilton now? Not a bad idea I guess, but some drawbacks too. Can't say for sure either way on that one.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I believe theres groundwork already laid for an Ellsbury trade. JBJ might not be ready until sometime in 2014 and Victorino is insurance. Hes solid defensively for that big RF in Fenway and works the count at the plate. Sure its a bit of an overpay, but the tribe offered 4/44 for him. Boston paid a couple million extra to make it 3 years.

I like the move because I believe another will/can be made because of this one.

[/QUOTE]

Agree. Would like to see him shipped to the Reds if he has to go, but the Reds will not trade pitching for him, which is what the Sox would want.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]

Does anyone think they plan to trade Ellsbury and then go after Hamilton now? Not a bad idea I guess, but some drawbacks too. Can't say for sure eithe way on that one.

[/QUOTE]

They will put SV in CF if they do, get a pitcher back in whatever trade they include Ells in. Do you think JH can play a solid defense in Fenways RF? Is he willing to go no more than 3-4 years?

We could get Ross backif JH didnt work out.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Does anyone think they plan to trade Ellsbury and then go after Hamilton now? Not a bad idea I guess, but some drawbacks too. Can't say for sure eithe way on that one.

[/QUOTE]

They will put SV in CF if they do, get a pitcher back in whatever trade they include Ells in. Do you think JH can play a solid defense in Fenways RF? Is he willing to go no more than 3-4 years?

We could get Ross backif JH didnt work out.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that sounds reasonable, and I agree that all signs point to Ellsbury being gone. I think JH could handle rf in Fenway, or center if you'd put SV in right. But it's pie in the sky, we don't really know anything at this point.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 808soxfan. Show 808soxfan's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to 808soxfan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

man...i just love this move...i'm so pumped...the other day i was on here and i saw 808 and you said you were from hawaii..but you logged out right after.

[/QUOTE]

Yup! Been in Hawaii for many, many years. I hear you about Victorino... I've been hearing it all day at work! Good news!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

[QUOTE]

Does anyone think they plan to trade Ellsbury and then go after Hamilton now? Not a bad idea I guess, but some drawbacks too. Can't say for sure either way on that one.

[/QUOTE]

some how i think if ellsbury gets traded..we will go after swisher..just a feeling.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

some how i think if ellsbury gets traded..we will go after swisher..just a feeling.

[/QUOTE]

you may be right, but when are we getting a real pitcher?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Soon Moon...Very soon...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

man..i'm waiting for that pitcher...some how i think somthing is going down tommorow...

i saw this also.

Ben Cherington said he is looking for a player who can back up Napoli at first base “and preferably someone who could do more than just that.”

sound like swisher? i'm not sure.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

[QUOTE]

Soon Moon...Very soon...

[/QUOTE]

i think so.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

man..i'm waiting for that pitcher...some how i think somthing is going down tommorow...

i saw this also.

Ben Cherington said he is looking for a player who can back up Napoli at first base “and preferably someone who could do more than just that.”

[/QUOTE]

As soon as I read that, thats what I thought. Trade Ells for pitching, move Vic to CF and Swish in RF. Swish plays 1b when Naps catches and they put one of their kids in RF (Kalish, Sands?)or just get another platoon/bench guy.

Either way, Swish seems like the obvious choice. I just dont like the years hes looking for. If we can do a similar deal like SV and MN, Im good with it...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

i saw this also.

[/QUOTE]

As soon as I read that, thats what I thought. Trade Ells for pitching, move Vic to CF and Swish in RF. Swish plays 1b when Naps catches and they put one of their kids in RF (Kalish, Sands?)or just get another platoon/bench guy.

Either way, Swish seems like the obvious choice. I just dont like the years hes looking for. If we can do a similar deal like SV and MN, Im good with it...

[/QUOTE]

yeah..sounds good...and it depends what or who we get in the ells deal.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

and than there's this...

The Sox are among the teams interested in free agent starters Ryan Dempster and Kyle Lohse.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Ellsbury would probably part of the deal that would bring him here. If the guys we have could return to a reasonable form, and you add a #1 type, this staff would be respectable bordering on formidable.