Shane Victorino's Grand Slam Ball

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Re: Shane Victorino's Grand Slam Ball

Depends on who catches the ball. There may be someone who needs the money, and you can't fault them for that. There may be someone who would give it back for tickets, autographs, etc., which really shouldn't be a problem for anyone on the team. I don't see you just giving the ball back and Shane saying, Hey, thanks!.

If you donate the ball or the money from the sale of the ball to charity, even for the victims of the Boston Marathon, you really have to make sure that ALL the money is going to be given to those you intend it for, and not being used for other purposes at a later date. See 9/11.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

Re: Shane Victorino's Grand Slam Ball

If it were me I would ask for a picture to be taken with Vic giving him back the ball so I could show (brag) to my family and friends.

I certainly do not fault whatever anybody would do with the ball though.  He 'owns' the ball now so he can do what he pleases.  To me...it's just a baseball.....but to somebody else it could mean getting cash towards their kids college or something like that (odds are if they have monster seats they have a bit of coin though so let's not get to far into the 'he could be poor and needs the money' stuff).