Short sample fever!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Short sample fever!

Help! I'm in the throes of short sample fever! I'm hallucinating!

The offense is weak!
    The offense is strong!
    Cody Ross can't hit!
    Cody Ross is a slugger!
    Beckett can't pitch!
    Beckett is an ace!
    Aceves can't close!
    Aceves is our stopper!
    Youk is declining!
    Youk is swinging great!
    Shouldn't have signed Papi!
    Smart move to sign Papi!

9 games in and I'm desperate. What is the cure?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Re: Short sample fever!

You could start by staying off Bill-806's threads. I've also found it very helpful not to read anything by Mazz or CHB.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

That's why I stay away from the game threads: the flip flops happen from AB to AB and pitch to pitch.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In Response to Re: Short sample fever!:
    [QUOTE]That's why I stay away from the game threads: the flip flops happen from AB to AB and pitch to pitch.
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]The game threads have been pretty good so far this year. There've been a few flip floppers but there's a core group that's pretty steady.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

I too lilke to see a much bigger sample size, but I will say that if the Sox do make the playoffs, we'll look back and say this weekend sweep of Tampa was big, not just in the standings, but finding out what this team is made of.  What I saw this weekend was a team I could root for, not just because they won but the way that they won, if that makes any sense. Even Beckett enduring some boos and going out there and getting a good game under his belt - though I'd like to see him with a bit more velocity.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TitleTown11. Show TitleTown11's posts

An oz of chronic

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ball Dont Lie. Show Ball Dont Lie's posts

[QUOTE]An oz of chronic
    Posted by TitleTown11[/QUOTE]
    you know, the man in my thumbnail was known to dable in the reefer and it lead him to develop a stain on his head otherwise known as the white spot on his scalp. Due to increase levels of THC this lead to discoloration of hair and detroys the memory of the brain. i would like Matt Kemp because we all know he smokes the cannibus.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Since it's you dd I'd also suggest repeated listenings to the sun records and stax/volt collections.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Inside the Red Sox collapse
    SPECIAL REPORT
    Inside the Red Sox collapse
    From pitchers having clubhouse parties during games to a distracted manager, take a look at the things that contributed to the Red Sox' collapse.
    PHOTOS What led to collapse | Timeline | VIDEO Turmoil

Is this really all that relevant the Boston Globe has to keep it on the front page of the Red Sox section?  Really I don't think so.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

It just shows they are all about stirring up controversy.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

[QUOTE]Since it's you dd I'd also suggest repeated listenings to the sun records and stax/volt collections.
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's the stuff. Throw in some Howlin' Wolf and that'll cure all ills.