should PEDRO have gone in by HIMSELF?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CommyContrarianOnTwitter. Show CommyContrarianOnTwitter's posts

should PEDRO have gone in by HIMSELF?

seems like an insult he has to share the satge with these 2 other jabros (on their exit and allegatons of PED).. both guys should have gone in as a duo in 2 years.. jeez! pedro is a draw on his own.. like U2 touring with the rollin stones.. y you need both guys distracting from the marquee?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: should PEDRO have gone in by HIMSELF?

In response to CommyContrarianOnTwitter's comment:
    [QUOTE]

seems like an insult he has to share the satge with these 2 other jabros (on their exit and allegatons of PED).. both guys should have gone in as a duo in 2 years.. jeez! pedro is a draw on his own.. like U2 touring with the rollin stones.. y you need both guys distracting from the marquee?

[/QUOTE] YES  !!!  the other two should not be in at all ..........  P E D 's   !!!!!!   Wake up AMERICA !!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

interesting question CCoT.  i think perhaps, yes.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

I say yes without the political commentary of my compadre Bill.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

" P E D 's   !!!!!!   Wake up AMERICA !!!!"

LOL yeah PEDs are destroying America Bill. 

It would be better if you woke up to science. 

Commie I hear you, but I think it's more just how the voting rolled around. System doesn't reward exceptions/exceptionals but perhaps it should in some way. 

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

even though Pedro brought us home a championship, I would take Clemens over him all day.  I don't ever remember Roger announcing he was shutting it down, just because the team was doing poorly in August.  I don't remember Roger beating up an old Don Zimmer.

If Roger went head hunting, he could back it up off the mound.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

In response to steven11's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

even though Pedro brought us home a championship, I would take Clemens over him all day.  I don't ever remember Roger announcing he was shutting it down, just because the team was doing poorly in August.  I don't remember Roger beating up an old Don Zimmer.

[/QUOTE]

Both Zimmer and Pedro are at fault for their incident back in 2003.  There was no need for Zimmer to charge after Pedro and of course, Pedro should not have pushed Zimmer to the ground. 

Anyway, Pedro is and always will be a Red Sox legend.  As for Clemens, I would have much more respect for him if he would just admit his mistake and take full responsibility. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Both Zimmer and Pedro are at fault for their incident back in 2003.  There was no need for Zimmer to charge after Pedro and of course, Pedro should not have pushed Zimmer to the ground. 

Anyway, Pedro is and always will be a Red Sox legend.  As for Clemens, I would have much more respect for him if he would just admit his mistake and take full responsibility. 

[/QUOTE]

Pedro put his hands on Zimmer first.  Charging at someone is not a crime.  If the incident happened off the field, Pedro would have been charged and also charged for assaulting a man over 60.

Clemens should admit to what?  if you are referring to roid use, most deny it when accused, including Ortiz.

Again, it is possible to put on muscle like Clemens did later in his career.  Lots of guys start late in the weight  room. 

I loved the Clemens era and loved watching those sox teams.  If Pedro has an issue let him stay home.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

Contrary to what some have said here, if I was building a team and had to choose between Roger and Pedro...at their peaks...I would prefer Pedro everyday and twice on Sunday.

In my opinion, Roger burn't bridges leaving Boston and even after he was gone...plus he began 'roid use to return to Cy level at the end and after leaving Boston. Those who don't believe he used are kidding themselves.

To use the Zimmer incident andPedro shutting himself down at the end of one season as negatives is shortsighted, all he did was push aside the fool for charging him, Zimmer had no business being anywhere near Pedro in that situation

...let's not forget this was the same guy who pitched the one hitter in Cleveland in relief during the '99 playoffs, and many other great performances, along with teaming with Schilling to lead the Sox in '04 and create  the greatest choke in baseball history.

I guess I am tainted against Clemens because of the way he handled his final years in Boston and lost respect for him when he started in Toronto winning a Cy or two...where was that pitcher during his final Boston contract?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

In response to Soxdog67's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Contrary to what some have said here, if I was building a team and had to choose between Roger and Pedro...at their peaks...I would prefer Pedro everyday and twice on Sunday.

In my opinion, Roger burn't bridges leaving Boston and even after he was gone...plus he began 'roid use to return to Cy level at the end and after leaving Boston. Those who don't believe he used are kidding themselves.

To use the Zimmer incident andPedro shutting himself down at the end of one season as negatives is shortsighted, all he did was push aside the fool for charging him, Zimmer had no business being anywhere near Pedro in that situation

...let's not forget this was the same guy who pitched the one hitter in Cleveland in relief during the '99 playoffs, and many other great performances, along with teaming with Schilling to lead the Sox in '04 and create  the greatest choke in baseball history.

I guess I am tainted against Clemens because of the way he handled his final years in Boston and lost respect for him when he started in Toronto winning a Cy or two...where was that pitcher during his final Boston contract?

[/QUOTE]

What did Roger do in his final years in Boston which bothers you so much?  Did he complain about his contract to the media like Pedro constantly did?

You need to realize that the red sox hall is merely a marketing tool by the sox.  It is a boys club and nothing more than that. Roger played in a time when the Celtic's ruled, yet he still managed to get microphones pushed in front of him every night. If not for a bad decision by McNamara, Roger would have brought a ws to Boston.  That 86 team is still very special.

Roger was never found guilty of using roids and when the talk of roids is directed at Papi, there are those who will say that MLB has messed up this whole thing.  Dan D got in front of the cameras and said Clemens was on the decline of his career.  At Pedro's age now, Clemens was still producing.

Pedro was a great pitcher but does not deserve special treatment in this matter. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

[QUOTE]

What did Roger do in his final years in Boston which bothers you so much?  Did he complain about his contract to the media like Pedro constantly did?

You need to realize that the red sox hall is merely a marketing tool by the sox.  It is a boys club and nothing more than that. Roger played in a time when the Celtic's ruled, yet he still managed to get microphones pushed in front of him every night. If not for a bad decision by McNamara, Roger would have brought a ws to Boston.  That 86 team is still very special.

Roger was never found guilty of using roids and when the talk of roids is directed at Papi, there are those who will say that MLB has messed up this whole thing.  Dan D got in front of the cameras and said Clemens was on the decline of his career.  At Pedro's age now, Clemens was still producing.

Pedro was a great pitcher but does not deserve special treatment in this matter. 

[/QUOTE]

Soooo.....what you're saying is that you hate Ortiz and Pedro but like Clemens......OK.  I see that Ortiz and Pedro has something in common that Clemens doesn't.  Now I know why you like Bill so much......

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Steven, are you from Boston or live in the Boston area?? I would think not, because Boston is a baseball town...and was even during Clemens early years despite the championship caliber teams the Celtics were putting on the court.

Clemens was great here until that final contract, and I am convinced he went through the motions for most of it...making Dan Duquette...a very astute baseball man...think he was at the twilight of his career. As I've stated before it was so coincidental that Clemens reverted back to being an ace type pitcher around the all-star break of his final season in Boston...these are the facts!!

Clemens did not get convicted of 'roid use, but when someone steps forward and claims he injected him and his wife for that matter...it takes it to a different level.

Regarding Ortiz...other than him being on a list...nobody else has come forward, yet, to claim they supplied him with anything...not like AROID and Roger the Dodger.

Steven, if I had to guess your position here is first and foremost because you are a fan of the Boston team's arch rivals...just confirm that is where you are coming from and I will understand your position.

You know where I'm coming from, and I have been forthright saying I am tainted towards Clemens...I remember the details...you just remember the guy as a cheater and Yankee!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

of course boston is a baseball town but during the spring thru the 80,s boston belonged to Bird.  kingface, there are holes in your theory. bill also speaks ill of clemens and loves pedo.  i said pedro was great and glad ortiz is a sox.  i also have issues with remy. i loved manny being a sox and still upset that the sox let Mo walk

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You don't remember much then.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

you would be the only one on the planet. 

as for metal head...if you charge at someone you should expect reprecussions.  no matter how old or how young you are.  if pedro threw him down and then jumped on him and started punching him that would be excessive.  but to toss a charging man down?  perfectly acceptable.  cause and effect.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

In response to JIMMYPROFFER's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Clemens last 3 seasons in Boston he had ERA's of 2.85, 4.18 and 3.63. hardly "going through the motions".

Let's be honest, you hate Clemens because he went to the Yanks and you defend Ortiz because he's still on the Sox.

[/QUOTE]

yeah, because clemens was part of 3 WS titles in Boston and has the same personality/charisma as ortiz.  so your right, the only reason to like one and not the other is just as you described......

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to JoseLaguna's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Jabro, Jabro, Jabro.  This dude likes to write opening posts that are incoherent,  full of grammar mistakes, are full of urban dictionary speak, inflamatory, he starts posts that the gullible respond to. He apparently loves wrestling and believes that it is real and not a hoax like 99% of people know.  His opening posts are a pretense, a charade, fake, and merely a means to be noticed and to draw attention to himself.  Ignore the buffoon. Maybe he is making fun of wrestling fans and NASCAR fans.  Regardless, this is not about Red Sox baseball. The Forum is meant to be about the Red Sox. don't come here for a circus. 

[/QUOTE]

Thanks pike.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

[QUOTE]

yeah, because clemens was part of 3 WS titles in Boston and has the same personality/charisma as ortiz.  so your right, the only reason to like one and not the other is just as you described......

[/QUOTE]

They both lied about their PED use.

[/QUOTE]

so because you believe this that means red sox fans should love clemens as much as we love ortiz???  how intelligent of you....

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

[QUOTE]

so because you believe this that means red sox fans should love clemens as much as we love ortiz???  how intelligent of you....

[/QUOTE]

That's funny, I must have missed the part where I told anyone how they should feel about either player. How intelligent of you ........

[/QUOTE]

lol @ semantics Babe...

Let's be honest, you hate Clemens because he went to the Yanks and you defend Ortiz because he's still on the Sox.

to me this is telling someone how they feel.  but hey, that's just me.  maybe others saw whatever point you were really trying to make. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to Kingface12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Soooo.....what you're saying is that you hate Ortiz and Pedro but like Clemens......OK.  I see that Ortiz and Pedro has something in common that Clemens doesn't.  Now I know why you like Bill so much......

[/QUOTE]

Kingface, with all due respect I think that is an incredibly unfair characterization of a fellow poster. I have not seen Steve make a single comment that could remotely be construed as racist.

As much as I admire what both Ortiz and Pedro did on the field..I am not a fan of Ortiz' of field antics and I have long though Pedro to be a hot head. Many..many people feel the same way. Does that make any of us racists?

I will say the same thing I've said many, many times. This is a discussion forum...not a fan page. For as long as I can remember Red Sox fans have differed in their opinions of players. I've not seen any reasons for opinions ( other than perhaps Bill"s) that are completely unreasonable.

I think calling someone a racist because they have a difference of opinion on a player or players does nothing to advance the discussion, especially when you literally know nothing about the person you are accusing.

As far as the OP? Do I think Pedro should have gone in alone? No, I don't because that doesn't seem to be the way it works anyhow. I don't have a problem with Pedro in the RS HOF and I equally don't have a problem with Clemens in the RSHOF.  Everyone loved them both when they were in a Sox uniform.

25. This post has been removed.