Should Ryan Braun, A-Rod +other Bosch clients be SUSPENDED like the FRAUD Manny?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Re: Should Ryan Braun, A-Rod +other Bosch clients be SUSPENDED like the FRAUD Manny?

All I can say is, I hope MLB goes after these guys with everything they have.  It's time to make a statement here.  If Braun is a user and a liar I hope he goes down in flames.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Re: Should Ryan Braun, A-Rod +other Bosch clients be SUSPENDED like the FRAUD Manny?

In response to HelloItsMeAgain1's comment:

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

All I can say is, I hope MLB goes after these guys with everything they have.  It's time to make a statement here.  If Braun is a user and a liar I hope he goes down in flames.

Are you disappointed that they didn't investigate big papi more vigorously?

No, but I wouldn't have been upset if they released all 103 names from the 2003 tests.  And I'm sure there would have been some other Sox players on the list.

This isn't a Sox-Yankees thing with me at all.  I'm just sick of this PED crap.  This Florida thing is about guys who are still using.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from garyhow. Show garyhow's posts

To much $ involved. Everytime baseball comes up w/ new testing their will be guys who will come up with ways to fool the testing [synthetic steriods] methods. Guys like Braun and Arod and the next generation of cheaters will be there as well.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to garyhow's comment:

To much $ involved. Everytime baseball comes up w/ new testing their will be guys who will come up with ways to fool the testing [synthetic steriods] methods. Guys like Braun and Arod and the next generation of cheaters will be there as well.

I think this is kind of a defeatist attitude though.  At least MLB is ramping up the effort to catch and punish the cheaters.  It'll always be difficult to catch everything, but let's catch the ones we can and most importantly, let's make it really hurt the ones who get caught.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

I think this is kind of a defeatist attitude though.  At least MLB is ramping up the effort to catch and punish the cheaters.  It'll always be difficult to catch everything, but let's catch the ones we can and most importantly, let's make it really hurt the ones who get caught.

GM nut

it is kind of  defeatist attitude

add me to that list

I think the testers will always be a tad behind

I'm not against the testing

and granted it's becoming less and less of a problem

but what bothers me about the testing

is when others confuse not caught  with  he's clean

loved to see the 103 though

BTW many will frown if arod only gets 50 games

but that's pretty close to a fine of $10 mill

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Either that or he is half girl.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to Flattiehater's comment:

Pete Rose is frozen out of the Hall for gambling when it was never proven that he bet against his own team and he is certainly Hall calibre. And yet those who cheat are given a pass to keep playing when, by their very cheating, prove themselves to be self serving fools who don't care about baseball, only money. Ban 'em all.

Pete is frozen out of the hall AND banned from the game for life however the game is filled with cheats baseball looks the other way when McGwire and Sosa cheated their way to the Hr record.

The 2012 NL MVP a cheat, let off the hook on a technicality, the 2013 All Star game MVP a cheat.

Some one needs to lower the boom on these people.

I couldn't care less if all the Yankees named are thrown out of baseball.

I'm disgusted with this stuff like there is no end in sight.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]

Pete Rose is frozen out of the Hall for gambling when it was never proven that he bet against his own team and he is certainly Hall calibre.

Why does it matter if he bet against his own team? You either gambled or you didn't, and he has admitted to gambling.

And yet those who cheat are given a pass to keep playing when, by their very cheating, prove themselves to be self serving fools who don't care about baseball, only money.

The ones they catch do get suspended (hopefully), but probably will not make the HOF either.

Ban 'em all.

I agree.

BTW, living here in South Florida I have run into Rose a few times. Let's just say he's not the nicest guy, not that that really has anything to do with whether he should be in the HOF or not.

I see he has a new reality show might be entertaining.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]

Pete Rose is frozen out of the Hall for gambling when it was never proven that he bet against his own team and he is certainly Hall calibre.

Why does it matter if he bet against his own team? You either gambled or you didn't, and he has admitted to gambling.

And yet those who cheat are given a pass to keep playing when, by their very cheating, prove themselves to be self serving fools who don't care about baseball, only money.

The ones they catch do get suspended (hopefully), but probably will not make the HOF either.

Ban 'em all.

I agree.

BTW, living here in South Florida I have run into Rose a few times. Let's just say he's not the nicest guy, not that that really has anything to do with whether he should be in the HOF or not.

I have no problem that he is banned from the game for gambling when he was managing.

However as a player he belongs in the hall for what he did on the field.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

At least give Pete a vote.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from garyhow. Show garyhow's posts

I agree 100% with increasing the penalty. Its the only way to make these guys and the teams for that matter to think twice. Look don't think the teams didn't have a clue when some of these guys started coming back from one year to the next looking like Adonis. Anyone remember the year Lenny Dysktra came back 35 pounds heavier from previous season. looked like he could pick up the bullpen car.

First offense lose entire season no pay, team also has right to void contract. 2nd offense banned for life, then maybe players might start to get a little concerned. Ryan Braun signed a 5 yr 105 mil extension 2 yrs ago. Think cheating paid off pretty well for him? not to mention Arods contract. Think the Yanks would like a way to get out from under that burden? Obviously the current penalties are not enough to prevent further cheating. Time to bring down the hammer on cheaters.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

I think the penalty for using PEDs should be a "one and done" policy.  What part of "using PEDs is against the rules" is hard to understand?  If MLB were truly interested in eliminating PED use, they could do it.  They are just afraid of who and how many they would have to ban from the game for life.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to traven's comment:

I think the penalty for using PEDs should be a "one and done" policy.  What part of "using PEDs is against the rules" is hard to understand?  If MLB were truly interested in eliminating PED use, they could do it.  They are just afraid of who and how many they would have to ban from the game for life.

let's not forget the union has to agree

they have come a long way

the clean players are finally being heard

but I don't C them agreeing to a 1 & done anytime soon

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

In response to ThatWasMe's comment:

Pete Rose is frozen out of the Hall for gambling when it was never proven that he bet against his own team and he is certainly Hall calibre. And yet those who cheat are given a pass to keep playing when, by their very cheating, prove themselves to be self serving fools who don't care about baseball, only money. Ban 'em all.

Pete is frozen out of the hall AND banned from the game for life however the game is filled with cheats baseball looks the other way when McGwire and Sosa cheated their way to the Hr record.

The 2012 NL MVP a cheat, let off the hook on a technicality, the 2013 All Star game MVP a cheat.

Some one needs to lower the boom on these people.

I couldn't care less if all the Yankees named are thrown out of baseball.

I'm disgusted with this stuff like there is no end in sight.

Agree 100%

+1 and can you imagine how bad it really is in the NFL!!!!!