Should the Red Sox sign Roy Oswalt?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Should the Red Sox sign Roy Oswalt?

Had a nice work out and looks healthy per reports.

Sox buyers or sellers?

Thoughts

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

Re: Should the Red Sox sign Roy Oswalt?

In response to "Should the Red Sox sign Roy Oswalt?": [QUOTE]Had a nice work out and looks healthy per reports. Sox buyers or sellers? Thoughts Posted by beavis[/QUOTE] Why? They have 5 guys in the rotation who aren't going anywhere (barring injury) and two guys on the DL (Cook & Dice-K) who could help later on. Where are you going to put him?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In Response to Re: Should the Red Sox sign Roy Oswalt?:
    [QUOTE]In response to "Should the Red Sox sign Roy Oswalt?": Why? They have 5 guys in the rotation who aren't going anywhere (barring injury) and two guys on the DL (Cook & Dice-K) who could help later on. Where are you going to put him?
    Posted by jasko2248[/QUOTE]

Not to mention, Oswalt made it clear that he wasn't interested in playing here.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

Oswalt is scared to pitch in Boston because you need some big cahoonas to win in the AL east.  But why would the Sox want somene like that on their team anyway?  Just move on from Oswalt, I want young arms anyway.  Forget the retreads.  Our staff is improving with the younger guys stepping (Doubrount and Bard)   I hope we have another young arm close next year to push the guys that are up here.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

The last report I heard was that he was seeking around $10 million per year.

Save the money, this guy isn't that good anymore.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Honestly I don't mind If Sox signs Oswalt at the RIGHT PRICE.  But other teams are interested in Oswalt as well and I don't think Sox will agressively pursue him if bidding war begins.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from harv53. Show harv53's posts

The guy is full of himself for holding out. He should be begging teams to take him and play for the league minimum at this point. He's 34 and a DL commando.
    We don't need another walking wounded player.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to "Re: Should the Red Sox sign Roy Oswalt?": [QUOTE]Honestly I don't mind If Sox signs Oswalt at the RIGHT PRICE.  But other teams are interested in Oswalt as well and I don't think Sox will agressively pursue him if bidding war begins. Posted by seannybboi[/QUOTE] Seeing Oswalt pitch was nothing more than "due dilligence," in case of injury to a current starter...they won't even offer him a contract if status quo remains the same....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In Response to Should the Red Sox sign Roy Oswalt?:
    [QUOTE]Had a nice work out and looks healthy per reports. Sox buyers or sellers? Thoughts
    Posted by beavis[/QUOTE]

No No No !..... What other team is trying to sign him?  If he was worth just a little other teams would have jump at it. He's not holding out because he's good .He's were he is because he sucks.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

With what $?

Is Carl "The Butcher" Crawford going to front the money to cover the tab?

Theo?

We ain't go no money left.........

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chilliwings. Show Chilliwings's posts

In Response to Re: Should the Red Sox sign Roy Oswalt?:
    [QUOTE]The guy is full of himself for holding out. He should be begging teams to take him and play for the league minimum at this point. He's 34 and a DL commando. We don't need another walking wounded player.
    Posted by harv53[/QUOTE]

Harv - How do you know what Oswalt is thinking? Maybe he is simply ambivalent about playing on and will only do so under the right conditions.

That seems likely to me - though I couldn't possibly know, could I? - and, if so, I'm fine with that.  It's his life, he's already rich and probably has a family.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

No.  The Sox have had six good to excellent starts in a row and still have Matsuzaka and Cook standing in the wings.  Oswalt had back problems last year, which is why the Phillies didn't renew him and why he is job-hunting.  I think he could well get clobbered in the AL East. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

wow wasnt sure we would have a "should they sign oswalt" thread this week.

wtg.