Should Valentine be fired??

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Re: Should Valentine be fired??

can you fire a team?   if there was any justice the Sox would be dropped down to AAA...this is what they do in Italian soccer leagues with the worst team in the top level...

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lasitter. Show lasitter's posts

I was relieved when Francona left.

The FO should never have replaced him with someone else they weren't willing to support.

I'm fine with BV, but if there's someone else you'll actually allow to do the job, then fine. Bring them on.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

In the NFL, you might be able to fire a lot of guys. Not in MLB, rules get in the way. The Players rule.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 00000001. Show 00000001's posts

Fire the ownership.  Granted they spend money, but they are too player friendly.  I was happy when they hired BV, but I'm not so sure he even wants to be here anymore.  I think the players are quitting on him because they can get away with it.  Yes, injuries have played a role, but NY has them too, and look where they are. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In Response to Re: Should Valentine be fired??:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Should Valentine be fired?? : Kudos to you Georom on assessing blame on the whole team instead of on a bucket of chicken and a few Bud Lights.
    Posted by Calzone65[/QUOTE]

i wish it were just a couple of knuckleheads this year...but depressingly it looks like the entire team is in a funk...and they hate their manager...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

Either fire him or support him. I thought he was brought in to restore discipline?

The front office seems to undermine him at every turn, in favor of the player's compliants.

"That's not the way we do things around here". The players aren't supposed to decide how we do things around here.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

geo, and that's why....BV should be fired. No confidence in him by the players. You just cannot succeed in today's mediocre game with that going on.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

boy, you really have it out for Pedroia....venom high on a player who has been pretty damn good over the years. Did you do this to Nomar on his way out?

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Should Valentine be fired?? : Ownership should be ashamed of themselves for not backing Bobby on this and enabling Dustbin the Ratfaced Boy. _________________________________ Curt Schilling Deadbeat Fraud Clown
    Posted by bellhorn_[/QUOTE]

I think ownership needs to support it's manager or the players will take advantage.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Should Valentine be fired?? : No, I thought Nomar got screwed bigtime....still do. _________________________________ Curt Schilling Deadbeat Fraud Clown
    Posted by bellhorn_[/QUOTE]

I thought Nomar got the raw end.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

[QUOTE]I was the only one here asking for his head in May. Nothing's changed to change my mind on that. He's not a good fit--(heard that part before? tough, he's not).
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

I was asking for his head in February Must be honest though , It's not only Bobby V's fault .Maybe about 99.9%.....The guy selling popcorn could have done better.He at least would have learned how they run things there.  You work with the team ,the team doesn't work with you.I'd want my boss to understand me and work with me. Not me to understand a dictator. Then again there's always guys that never grow up. Thats another issue. Every team has a few of those issues not only sox.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Should Valentine be fired?? : Exactly how does negate the # of trips to and days on the DL for 22 players. Is it fault for the inconsistent offense and lack of clutch hitting? Are the pitching performances of Beckett and Lester also his fault />
    Posted by Calzone65[/QUOTE]

People get fired all the time for things that are not at fault for.  In whatever job you have if the results are not there then you are shown the door.

He wont be fired during the season.  The Red Sox are going to ride it out and then look for the "mutual decision" to come this Fall.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichFan. Show MichFan's posts

Fire Valentine for what?  Not throwing strikes or not hitting the ball?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dcct. Show dcct's posts

Exactly...

[QUOTE]I think it is a foregone conclusion that he will be fired.  It's the old thing about not being able to fire 25 players , etc.  This group of spoiled rotten , overpaid , underperforming players will soon have the distinction of getting two managers fired in one year.
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from OutofTownPATS Fan. Show OutofTownPATS Fan's posts

[QUOTE]hey, does anyone even remember the Los Angeles Kings? Just a few months ago? Anyone? Guess what happened to their head coach in the second half of the season--HE WAS FIRED. Brian Sutter took over, they changed everything, they won the Stanley Cup. Fire BV NOW!
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

So if the Sox fire BV now they will win the Stanley Cup?????