Simple question....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Simple question....

When the Red Sox make the playoffs and ultimately the World Series, will all of you who have thrown them under the bus be able to face yourselves, honestly?

That's the question.  I still take them over the Phillies in the WS, even though my gut aches when I think of the Phillies' starters.

I'm not saying there isn't room for displeasure and angst.  I'm asking you guys who have already been acidic toward and even morbid about the team if you can honestly be pleased with yourselves.  Not that the Red Sox win, but with yourselves.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrGL27Rings.. Show FrGL27Rings.'s posts

Re: Simple question....

Good morning to you Since Yaz. I wish you well and I am sorry about your recent loss.  I hope you and your family have a wonderful Mother's Day tomorrow. I'm excited about my Celtics who start again tonight. But your Sox need leadership. They look too complacent. Remember in 2004, Theo traded Nomar and the team seemed to get its act together. But I'm happy that my Yanks  are in 1st place and with the knowledge that Cashman will go out at the trading deadline and get any additional pieces he feels we need.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

We can agree on the Celtics!

Your commiseration is appreciated.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LouV. Show LouV's posts

I cannot believe the mentality of some of you RedSox Fans. The team is
    cooked!!! Their done with no hope of resurgance!!  Last year we blamed the
    injuries!!!  This year?.... what is the problem. I'll tell you what. Management!!!
    Francona is  a lost sole and Epstein is to blame, because he should move on
    him immediatly. They have spent a fortune with NO results. What will it
    take for John Henry to s.... can all these ass-holes???  It's a disgrace
    that a major market like Boston & the support they get have to put up
    with 3rd rate people!  Take a clue from the Yankees, they know how to
    win, & it's a priority, not with us. We have loosers with the fans being
    taken advantage of!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kamdog. Show Kamdog's posts

This latest episode is a reflection of a full team meltdown.  Mental and physical errors in the field, lack of concentration at the plate.  Loss of personal control by the manager.

Add to that having to play players whose physical skills have deteriorated, or not yet matured, and you have a team in crisis.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from portcallen99. Show portcallen99's posts

"When the Red Sox make the playoffs and ultimately the World Series, will all of you who have thrown them under the bus be able to face yourselves, honestly?"

Which year are you referring to? Certainly not 2011.

Francona was a good manager for the Idiot teams/WS champs now fading into history. But he is not now the manager this team needs. He is good with managing during crisis (like last year's injured team) but when he has all the pieces healthy and ready to go, he's in over his head.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wildcat66. Show wildcat66's posts

If you were managing the Sox, LouV, what would you do, assuming you can't yourself make trades?

Would you pencil yourself into the linup or the rotation?  How would you "motivate" John Lackey and Bobby Jenks to pitch well?  How would you convince Youk not to strike out every third time up?

We always say "fire the manager", but there are few instances where that has made anybody play better.

In 1950, the Sox (Tom Yawkey, et al) hired the manager who had led the Yankees to three straight WS championships.  His results with the Red Sox: 3rd, 4th, 4th, 3rd, fired.

Managers matter in close games, but there's nothing they can really do in 11-0 and 9-2 blowouts given they have to play the team they're given.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxu571. Show redsoxu571's posts

Hahaha...a "lost sole", that's a good one...

There is absolutely something to be said for 1) the team showing too much apathy right now and needing some fire, and 2) the team clearly being in a mental funk due to some of their recent failures and it's making things worse. Considering this is the same franchise that had the mental fortitude to not give up in 2004 when down 3-0, these guys need to "Cowboy Up"...

That said...what's wrong with the rest of you? Blame Theo? For getting the perfect fit player in Adrian Gonzalez, for going the "above and beyond" route in signing Carl Crawford (when the Yankees overpay for Teixiera, people call that a "winning move", even though ironically Teixiera had a rough start with the Yankees too, but when Theo takes the same route and gets the same results with Crawford he "needs to go"? Silly...), for finding some reasonably priced RPs who haven't panned out YET (emphasis on yet...it's a long season guys), he's no good?

Cashman is such a smart "winner" that he was forced my ownership to sign Soriano to one of the worst contracts I've ever seen, given the opt out clauses, and Soriano has been awful so far...but Theo is the idiot when he signs crazy reliable guys like Wheeler who may have suddenly (with no way of knowing beforehand) hit a wall? At least the Sox didn't make a huge investment in him...

The team has essentially played "worst case scenario" baseball and is still only 5 games back (the poor Chicago White Sox, picked by many people to win their division, are already 11 games back!)...that's one game to make up a month. It's a long season guys...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In Response to Re: Simple question....:
    [QUOTE]   I cannot believe the mentality of some of you RedSox Fans. The team is cooked!!! Their done with no hope of resurgance!!  Last year we blamed the injuries!!!  This year?.... what is the problem. I'll tell you what. Management!!! Francona is  a lost sole and Epstein is to blame, because he should move on him immediatly. They have spent a fortune with NO results. What will it take for John Henry to s.... can all these ass-holes???  It's a disgrace that a major market like Boston & the support they get have to put up with 3rd rate people!  Take a clue from the Yankees, they know how to win, & it's a priority, not with us. We have loosers with the fans being taken advantage of!!!
    Posted by LouV[/QUOTE]

Lou ... can't get a grip on your post, whether you're being sarcastic or just bombastic. 

Tito's been called a lot of things, but I doublt he's ever been called a flounder cousin before  - sole - unless you spelled it that way just for the halibut.

You didn't answer the simple question ...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]This latest episode is a reflection of a full team meltdown.  Mental and physical errors in the field, lack of concentration at the plate.  Loss of personal control by the manager. Add to that having to play players whose physical skills have deteriorated, or not yet matured, and you have a team in crisis.
    Posted by Kamdog[/QUOTE]

But.....

you didn't answer the question....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]"When the Red Sox make the playoffs and ultimately the World Series, will all of you who have thrown them under the bus be able to face yourselves, honestly?" Which year are you referring to? Certainly not 2011. Francona was a good manager for the Idiot teams/WS champs now fading into history. But he is not now the manager this team needs. He is good with managing during crisis (like last year's injured team) but when he has all the pieces healthy and ready to go, he's in over his head.
    Posted by portcallen99[/QUOTE]

Yes, PC,  THIS season.

Answer the question.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

redsoxu571

I am taking your post as a positive endorsement of THIS team.

Things will work out. 

Good for you!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

In Response to Re: Simple question.... : Lou ... can't get a grip on your post, whether you're being sarcastic or just bombastic.  Tito's been called a lot of things, but I doublt he's ever been called a flounder cousin before  - sole - unless you spelled it that way just for the halibut. You didn't answer the simple question ...
    Posted by SinceYaz

There's something fishy about that post.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Simple question.... : There's something fishy about that post.
    Posted by mrmojo1120[/QUOTE]

Laughing

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I seem to recall our darling team of 2004 had some issues during the regular season.

Derek Lowe, like Lackey, struggled but righted himself in the postseason.

That team was not a "lock" for the playoffs as late as early September.

This team has as much talent, if not more.

It ain't over til the fat women schreeches.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from REDSOX-11. Show REDSOX-11's posts

I wouldn't put it in those exact words but I for the most part agree with you.tito is not a major league manager and is in way over his head. If I were him I would simply resign, but I doubt he will. I fully expect him to be fired within the next week unless the sox go on a winning streak. This team is dead right now and it will take a manager who has some well let's say male anatomy to get things righted. The pitching decisions have been nothing less than horrible. And he doesn't seem to know when a pitcher is melting down. If the sox do not do something very soon this year will be a waste.

[QUOTE]   I cannot believe the mentality of some of you RedSox Fans. The team is cooked!!! Their done with no hope of resurgance!!  Last year we blamed the injuries!!!  This year?.... what is the problem. I'll tell you what. Management!!! Francona is  a lost sole and Epstein is to blame, because he should move on him immediatly. They have spent a fortune with NO results. What will it take for John Henry to s.... can all these ass-holes???  It's a disgrace that a major market like Boston & the support they get have to put up with 3rd rate people!  Take a clue from the Yankees, they know how to win, & it's a priority, not with us. We have loosers with the fans being taken advantage of!!!
    Posted by LouV[/QUOTE]

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]I seem to recall our darling team of 2004 had some issues during the regular season. Derek Lowe, like Lackey, struggled but righted himself in the postseason. That team was not a "lock" for the playoffs as late as early September. This team has as much talent, if not more. It ain't over til the fat women schreeches.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]

:o)  True.

And I know I was not counting on them to come back in the ALCS either when down 3-0 ....

But ...