Sizemore contacted by Sox

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

Re: Sizemore contacted by Sox

IMHO, who we choose to aquire to play RF is contingent upon the outcome of the Ortiz negotiations...If they resign Papi, we can look to broaden the profile of Ofer's, if they choose to pass or if Papi walks? Replacing his bat in the 5 hole becomes a pressing need. Which is why I think that Beltran a proven run producer and switch hitter is a more likey senerio than Sizemore. End of the day, even if they add Sizemore, my guess is that the Sox will add another RH bat to the outfield mix, preferably one that has the tools to play RF.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Medic87. Show Medic87's posts

Soxforlife wrote re: sizemore.  completely agree with you but i would like to point out that his being lefty is not such a big deal. If we get him to play right field and a righty to dh then we are already more right handed than last year. Also Lowrie and Aviles both hit lefties well so it would not matter as much, especially if the right handed hitter could play outfield .

in Ref to Sizemore. 
    Yep,  agreed i have no problem with him being another lefty hitter.
    Ideally in a perfect world, you convince Crawford (he will be fine and rebound in 2012) to move to RF, ( his arm is plenty stong enough to get the job done). but from whats been reported, he has no interest in that and i dont believe the Sox want to push the issue with him, understandably.  keep his psyche happy and let him be as comfortable as possible so he can focus on hitting. IMO of course.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from WE5NUTS. Show WE5NUTS's posts

Honestly, we have enough injured people already. Considering the year Ellsbury had, if they sign Sizemore, I just might throw a fit.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from WE5NUTS. Show WE5NUTS's posts

By the way, are the MVP results out yet? I know this is a little off topic, but I had practially forgotten about baseball until I heard that Paps signed with Philadelphia.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

If Sizemore is signed it should be a cheap incentive laiden contract.  If it doesn't work no big lose if it does both parties win. Another guy who is not a star but cheap and a right handed with some pop is Cody Ross.  He plays right field and has played centerfield also and he is not an injury risk.  Do we really need an all star name at every position?  I liked the bill muellers and kevin millars of the world who fit in with the big names and made a great team.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsGENIUS. Show bruinsGENIUS's posts

In Response to Re: Sizemore contacted by Sox:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sizemore contacted by Sox : MRI...will tell the story on Sizemore. If he's sufficiantly healed and the doctors see no signs of this being a chronic problem. He might be amenable to signing an incentive ladden deal with an opt out based on performance and hgames played similar to Beltre...the question is will he sign with a team that sees him as part of a platoon (doubtful), rather I would think he'd like to go somewhere where he's garanteed a spot in the everyday lineup...
    Posted by Beantowne[/QUOTE]

MRI 's often dont show everything. Actually MRI's are often inaccurate tools of how a person really feels or the severity of an injury. Hopefully they will get more of an in depth analysis then simply an MRI.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I want to thank all the posters for their thoughts on Sizemore. I really would prefer Juan Carlos Linares as the everyday RF but I happen too think that Sizemore is an interesting gamble should the Sox take the risk. Reddick is a very good young player but not the same level as Grady,and noone knows how well Kalish has recovered from his neck surgery, Linares had ankle surgery last year which sidelined him for most of the year,has anyone seen Daniel Nava? Maybe the Sox will make a trade for Ethier? He also ended his season on the DL. Maybe Alex Hassan the local boy will continue his rise? The saddest part of this whole blog is that we wouldn't even be discussing any of these guys had Westmoreland not suffered his illness.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxforlife22. Show soxforlife22's posts

In Response to Re: Sizemore contacted by Sox:
    [QUOTE]I want to thank all the posters for their thoughts on Sizemore. I really would prefer Juan Carlos Linares as the everyday RF but I happen too think that Sizemore is an interesting gamble should the Sox take the risk. Reddick is a very good young player but not the same level as Grady,and noone knows how well Kalish has recovered from his neck surgery, Linares had ankle surgery last year which sidelined him for most of the year,has anyone seen Daniel Nava? Maybe the Sox will make a trade for Ethier? He also ended his season on the DL. Maybe Alex Hassan the local boy will continue his rise? The saddest part of this whole blog is that we wouldn't even be discussing any of these guys had Westmoreland not suffered his illness.
    Posted by sportsbozo1[/QUOTE]
    Last I heard on Westmoreland was that he had thrown a good distance and he had taken live batting practice and was preparing to take live batting practice off of a mound

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Guys, we are NOT signing 2 OF'er FAs... NO WAY!

We can't even afford to spend on 2 starters, a couple relief guys, and a DH. We'll be lucky to have enough money to spend on a guy like Cody Ross or Sizemore.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

Moon,
    Are you sure that we can't do that?  How much do you think the Sox have to spend this offseason?  I would think they have roughly 35m to spend.  I'm willing to gamble with Bard as Closer, as I feel he has the better stuff than any RP on the market.  I am also willing to let Aceves, Tazawa, Doubront, and a few Minor League/Vet minimum signings (i.e Brandon Webb), battle it out in ST for the 5th starter spot.  

If you sign:
    Buehrle at $12-14m
    Cuddyer at $10m
    Sizemore at $2m
    2 Set up men at $2-3m each, another Middle Reliever at $1m
    Brandon Webb at $1m

This adds up to $34m, which I feel we can spend if we don't re-sign any of our FA's.  I don't think this will happen, but I think it is financially doable.  Worst case they trade Lowrie for an RP to wipe a little salary off the books.

Also, Moon, what do you think about the rotation at DH I posted in my earlier post.  Despite our differences on the Wake and Tek issues, I highly respect your opinions.