"Small Market Model Team," as Claimed by the Clown, Fires Beinfest!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

"Small Market Model Team," as Claimed by the Clown, Fires Beinfest!

Could the clown be wrong on yet another position?

You decide.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Re:

Beinfest should have a job tomorrow morning.  Miami has done a good job developing prospects, and he absolutely robbed TO last year in the big dump.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Re:

Moon you are just as bad as Softy - 

The Sox are having the most amazing year in my lifetime (post-1967) and as the post season is right on us, youre in a pizzing contest over what? How about we talk postseason baseball. We already had a thread(s) about how wrong almost all of us were about predictions. It's been so bad the past few weeks I don't even want to go on this site. 

As always - 100% correct!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Re:

In response to georom4's comment:

The Sox are having the most amazing year in my lifetime (post-1967) and as the post season is right on us, youre in a pizzing contest over what? How about we talk postseason baseball. We already had a thread(s) about how wrong almost all of us were about predictions. It's been so bad the past few weeks I don't even want to go on this site. 

As in the past few weeks since Softy reappeared.  He is indeed the consummate pot-stirrer.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Re:

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

[QUOTE]

As in the past few weeks since Softy reappeared.  He is indeed the consummate pot-stirrer.

[/QUOTE]

that is a given but devoting threads to him??? 

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Re:

I know...some guy named BurritoT started a thread addressed to softlaw that now has 80+ posts.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Re:

I agree.  I have no idea why some of the posters can't be as upbeat as you.  I mean, there is guy in here that has complained about virtually every player on the team.  He even went so far as to complain that our #1 draft pick was a slow white guy who was a worse outfielder than Gomes, even though he was a pitcher with excellent speed.

This guy bashes the RS so much that he bashed our ex-manager for starting Jimenez, who has gone 12-7 with a 2.66 ERA since that poster complained.

Fortunately, we have good posters like yourself that keep everyone in here positive.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Re:

This move made a ton of sense for the Marlins.

Beinfest was way too baseball-oriented for that team....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Re:

In response to RedSoxFireman's comment:

Softlaw never praised Beinfest or the new art dealer ownership fraud. You are losing old man, Softlaw praised the Marlins organization before the art dealer hired Beinfest. Hard to argue with the Marlins 2 WS title in one of the worst baseball markets in baseball history.

Technically, when the art dealer hired Beinfest, both were still with the Expos.

Interestingly, their first WS title was pretty much all "large market" tactics.  Bring in the high-priced talent and hope it gels.  Immediately after, they pawned off as much as they could, hoping to build a farm system for another run.  Some of the players they acquired in that fire sale, like AJ Burnett, were part of the next championship team. 

(OK, AJ was injured most of 2003, but he is the first name that leapt to mind.)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Re:

We were all way off, with few exceptions.

But at some point, when you keep repeatedly calling out management for their "blunders", it does get silly to keep up the ruse in the wake of the actual on-field success of the team.

Remember that bigfoot14b guy who kept talking about how Epstein ruied this team and needed to go, and was making posts saying that right up to the 2007 World Series??   He was making them DURING THE COMEBACK IN THE 2007 ALCS!!   No season or team was "ruined" if they make it to an LCS! None! Ever!

I mean, at some point, you have to admit there is a chance guys like Cherington know more than we do...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

Re:

In response to notin's comment:

[QUOTE]

But at some point, when you keep repeatedly calling out management for their "blunders", it does get silly to keep up the ruse in the wake of the actual on-field success of the team.

Remember that bigfoot14b guy who kept talking about how Epstein ruied this team and needed to go, and was making posts saying that right up to the 2007 World Series??   He was making them DURING THE COMEBACK IN THE 2007 ALCS!!   No season or team was "ruined" if they make it to an LCS! None! Ever!

I mean, at some point, you have to admit there is a chance guys like Cherington know more than we do...

[/QUOTE]

Touché.

as for the ongoing banter between moon and softy sometimes I think they're the same guy....or am I just confused why one of our better baseball minds continues to engage the dolt? 

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re:

Are you jealous I haven't started threads about your thousands of wrong positions?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Re:

In response to moonslav59's comment:

[QUOTE]

Are you jealous I haven't started threads about your thousands of wrong positions?

[/QUOTE]

He has me for that ;)

Also, the big difference here is georom does have somewhat of a history of public mea culpas...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Re:

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

I agree.  I have no idea why some of the posters can't be as upbeat as you.  I mean, there is guy in here that has complained about virtually every player on the team.  He even went so far as to complain that our #1 draft pick was a slow white guy who was a worse outfielder than Gomes, even though he was a pitcher with excellent speed.

This guy bashes the RS so much that he bashed our ex-manager for starting Jimenez, who has gone 12-7 with a 2.66 ERA since that poster complained.

Fortunately, we have good posters like yourself that keep everyone in here positive.

Joey, there's a not so fine line between upbeat and an apologist - You obviously can't differentiate between the two. As for Trey Ball - your wonderous #8 pick is utlizing his awesome natural speed to lead his Gulf Coast team to amazing PITCHING heights courtesy of his 6.5 ERA over five starts. He does have an inning in the field so I guess we should withhold judgement until 2026, right Joey?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re:

I have admitted being wrong hundredss of times. Softy: zero.

I have admitted I do not know more than whoever our GM was at the time. Softy-never.

I call softy "a clown": that is the extent of my name-calling. Softy has a list as long as one of Papi's longest homeruns of classless personal attacks.

Some people are capable of being very happy with our baseball team, and have other thoughts at the same time. We are not myopic. We are not racists. We are not largely intent on stirring a pot. We are not trolls.

We are Red Sox fans who just may think differently than you, and I thank God for that.

Sox4ever

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

Re:

In response to Beantowne's comment:

In response to notin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Touché.

as for the ongoing banter between moon and softy sometimes I think they're the same guy....or am I just confused why one of our better baseball minds continues to engage the dolt? 

[/QUOTE]
    I don't think that at all.  I think Moon was simply "pulling Softy's chain", although it's obvious that it's gotten a bit personal lately.

It's been a pattern on the boards that things slow down when the team is playing well.  There's less complaining and therefore less conflict.  It's hard for the board to maintain itself when we're all patting the team (and one another) on the back.  It has occured to me that Softy may be a shill planted here by BDC to stir the pot, which is why I NEVER take what he says seriously. 

Simply put, for whatever reason, Softy has no creditiblity with me.  None at all.  Either because he's a shill or because... well.. . his opinions are too often 'off the wall'.  But that's just me. Smile

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Re:

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

Joey, there's a not so fine line between upbeat and an apologist - You obviously can't differentiate between the two. As for Trey Ball - your wonderous #8 pick is utlizing his awesome natural speed to lead his Gulf Coast league to amazing PITCHING heights courtesy of his 6.5 ERA over five starts. He does have an inning in the field so I guess we should withhold judgement until 2026, right Joey?

Do NOT defend your bashing of the pick of a player you knew nothing about.  It diesn't make you look smarter.  And its not like the Sox passed on any sort of Bryce Harper type to select him.    If they passed on Bryant or Gray or Appel, that would be one thing, but those guys were all gone before they picked, among others.

Not to mention, this is Rookie Leage ball for a kid out of high school.  He has SEVEN INNINGS PITCHED in those five "starts".  Really, its like long relief outings, and he gets to go first, which is not uncommon in rookie ball.  That league is for getting feet wet and not so much for putting up gaudy numbers.  The only big name they passed on was Austin Meadows, and even his hot start still places him 3 or 4 years from MLB, and anything can happen between now and then. 

Why don't you tell us who the Sox should have taken instead, and then we can go see howe that player is doing in Rookie Ball?   Not that it matters much at this point...

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Re:

Just as bad as Softy? Not even close. But I do agree with you Geo that there is a very strange infatuation here with the senseless repetitive enumeration of where Softy was wrong. If you go out on a limb here and make predictions you are probably going to be wrong half the time. Only those people who never make predictions are never wrong here. Time to get off Softy's case IMO.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Re:

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

[QUOTE]

Just as bad as Softy? Not even close. But I do agree with you Geo that there is a very strange infatuation here with the senseless repetitive enumeration of where Softy was wrong. If you go out on a limb here and make predictions you are probably going to be wrong half the time. Only those people who never make predictions are never wrong here. Time to get off Softy's case IMO.

[/QUOTE]

exactly Pumpsie -  when Moon isnt boring us with saber-nonsense, he is capable of straight talk and an occasional prediction/observation or two...softy knows he can get a rise out of the usual suspects and plays to that crowd...i have no problem with anyone voicing any opinion of this board - the only thing i cant take is this personal nonsense

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

Re:

In response to RedSoxFireman's comment:

Nice, a protest rant with "racist" thrown in with the kitchen sink. Reads like a DNC campaign talking point, with the obligatory "racist". I like how "forgiving" these kinds of minds were with Robert Byrd and Jesse Jackson.

What Moon said was,  We are not myopic. We are not racists. We are not largely intent on stirring a pot. We are not trolls.

Oops. Did that shoe pinch a little bit?  Why focus on the word "racist" rather than myopic, or troll, or 'stirring the pot'?

Methinks thou doth protest too much.