So does Peavy start on Thursday?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickerd2. Show rickerd2's posts

So does Peavy start on Thursday?

Against Felix?  Welcome to the REAL Sox, Jake!   Earn this!  No pressure, though.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: So does Peavy start on Thursday?

Im guessing he takes Workmans next scheduled start in 5 days unless Farrell switches things up.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickerd2. Show rickerd2's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

Im guessing he takes Workmans next scheduled start in 5 days unless Farrell switches things up.

He was supposed to start tonight, wasn't he?  That'll be quite a bit of time off.  It'll be interesting to see what is decided.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to rickerd2's comment:

In response to southpaw777's comment:

[QUOTE]

He was supposed to start tonight, wasn't he?  That'll be quite a bit of time off.  It'll be interesting to see what is decided.

[/QUOTE]

that was also my concern

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

It would be a lot of pressure to send Peavy for his Red Sox debut against Hernandez. Tomorrow would be too soon. My guess is Friday against the Diamondbacks. This would give both Lester and Doubront an extra day of rest, while extending Peavy three more days from his scheduled start of tonight. He could throw a longer than usual bullpen session tomorrow in order to stay sharp.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Teakus. Show Teakus's posts

While I agree it's tough to pitch for a new team against a stud, Peavy faces those guys all the time and should be just fine. I just hope the team starts off on a hot streak when he arrives. A bit of pennant fever is just what the doctor ordered! Cool

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Re. the other pitcher coming from the Tigers,Villarreal, from a Detroit Forum contributor re. the righty relief pitcher coming in the trade--he had good numbers last season for the Tigers.

"I wholeheartedly approve of this trade, even given that the Tigers coughed up Villarreal. I have nothing against Garcia, but it isn't just that the Tigers have (had, I guess, now) a lot of depth in the outfield in the minors. The Tigers have a lot of depth in the outfield in the majors too, and no depth in the middle infield at any level. The same goes for Villarreal, loads of talent but the Tigers have plenty of bullpen arms at a variety of levels with talent. If Villarreal goes on to have career numbers like his 2012, we'll all be grumbling."

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I'd still like to see Michael Young join this team! However not at any great expense. The fact that the Sox sent 3 minor leaguers with Iggy tells me they really wanted Jake all along. As for starting Peavy no time like the present. Thursday against King Felix is fine by me! Lackey has already been moved up to tonights game against Iwakuma. Brock Holt will be in the lineup at 3rd base.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to davidap's comment:

It would be a lot of pressure to send Peavy for his Red Sox debut against Hernandez. Tomorrow would be too soon. My guess is Friday against the Diamondbacks. This would give both Lester and Doubront an extra day of rest, while extending Peavy three more days from his scheduled start of tonight. He could throw a longer than usual bullpen session tomorrow in order to stay sharp.

You may be right.  It is possible that he pitches on Thursday but Friday is more likely.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickerd2. Show rickerd2's posts

Plus the D-backs get to see what they just missed out on!  Chatter had them the favorites for a few minutes to land Peavy in a three-way with the Angels.

A little extra rest for a few guys is ok.  A long layoff isn't good for Peavy.  Especially, if you take into consideration how competitive he is, he must be chomping at the bit to get started for his new team, now near first place.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickerd2. Show rickerd2's posts

In response to MadMc44's comment:

Re. the other pitcher coming from the Tigers,Villarreal, from a Detroit Forum contributor re. the righty relief pitcher coming in the trade--he had good numbers last season for the Tigers.

"I wholeheartedly approve of this trade, even given that the Tigers coughed up Villarreal. I have nothing against Garcia, but it isn't just that the Tigers have (had, I guess, now) a lot of depth in the outfield in the minors. The Tigers have a lot of depth in the outfield in the majors too, and no depth in the middle infield at any level. The same goes for Villarreal, loads of talent but the Tigers have plenty of bullpen arms at a variety of levels with talent. If Villarreal goes on to have career numbers like his 2012, we'll all be grumbling."

It would be great to have him pitch like he did in 2012.  He still had a lot of walks, though.  Those tend to nip you in the end.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

HA HA That would be a lot of pressure on Peavy???? Thats funny..... 1ST.... He's not a rookie.. 2ND.... Why do you think they traded for him?... Mabe they can save Peavy for Houston? What are you smoking??

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to rickerd2's comment:

Against Felix?  Welcome to the REAL Sox, Jake!   Earn this!  No pressure, though.

Good Question .......  I say, HE!! yes, DO IT !!!!!!    Make the statement to all of MLB  !!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

It's like a card game. Your opponent plays an ace. You can't beat it , so you play your lowest card. Dempster goes against King Felix. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

It's like a card game. Your opponent plays an ace. You can't beat it , so you play your lowest card. Dempster goes against King Felix. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

Sox don't have an ace...... So now what? Our lowest card in the deck will try to hold things down.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to donrd4's comment:

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

[QUOTE]

Stabbed by Foulke.

Sox don't have an ace...... So now what? Our lowest card in the deck will try to hold things down.

[/QUOTE]

Oh but we do, we have a Fat Cat Ace.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Gotta love the Fat Cat Ace.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brawny27. Show Brawny27's posts

Farrell kinda suggested Peavy would start Saturday...he is such a gamer and should thrive at Fenway....loves the big stage