So far so good, No Wastefield and/or Varitek....One down and one to go!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

So far so good, No Wastefield and/or Varitek....One down and one to go!

The no market bottom feeding contract begging parasites will be waiting around for a call from Cherry. Offer a minor league contract and no major league contract even if they end up on roster. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Re: So far so good, No Wastefield and/or Varitek

Ben now cant afford to pay them!!!!

So therefore, they are not coming back!!  Do not know why they cant find a job elsewhere!!  Thought the Cubs wanted Varitek!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

I would also note that despite protests that Hernandez would cost 5M or more a year, he went for 2 years at 3.25M a year. Red Sox could have early offered 1 year at 3.5 plus standard 2K to 5K performance incentives and option 2nd year with player opt out or team buyout at 2.5M and closed the deal. Salty and Lavarnway would then compete in spring training to result in 2 quality complimentary catchers for 2012. Now, Salty is a continued question mark and Lavarnway needs experience. Pretty cheap to have upgraded and stabilized that critical defensive position. (not CERA!) 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

The Sox need Wake to be the #5 starter. He is better than most #5's on any other team and he can still get people out.
    Just because you have a hard on for him, doens't mean he can't pitch. He has been the most durable pitcher on the Sox staff, more dependable than any of them, and willing to pitch under any circumstance. That alone should earn him a role.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

Varitek and Wastefield have a spring training/minor league contract market, despite Moonslob's claim of multi-million dollar value.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

The Sox have already signed the geriactic duo, but are waiting till Xmas to release news. It will be their present to all good little Red Sox sycophants.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

willing to pitch under any circumstance. That alone should earn him a role.

I am willing to pitch under any circumstance, am just as pitiful as most bottom feeder old man starters, and have a giant beer gut and give up tons of earned runs and homers with the best of them.

Wastefield earned the market he has, rotten produce in a dumpster.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In Response to Re: So far so good, No Wastefield and/or Varitek:
    [QUOTE] willing to pitch under any circumstance. That alone should earn him a role. I am willing to pitch under any circumstance, am just as pitiful as most bottom feeder old man starters, and have a giant beer gut and give up tons of earned runs and homers with the best of them. Wastefield earned the market he has, rotten produce in a dumpster.
    Posted by hankwilliams[/QUOTE]

Yes, If Cherington has any sense, he will sign Tim to a two year deal at $3M. Wake is better than Miller or Bowden, and frankly the best pitcher in the BP sans Aceves and Bard.
    He is undervalued as a player and his knuckler is more effective at gettting people out than anyone's best pitch!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

In Response to Re: So far so good, No Wastefield and/or Varitek:
    [QUOTE] willing to pitch under any circumstance. That alone should earn him a role. I am willing to pitch under any circumstance, am just as pitiful as most bottom feeder old man starters, and have a giant beer gut and give up tons of earned runs and homers with the best of them. Wastefield earned the market he has, rotten produce in a dumpster.

Don't hold back tell us what you really think?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

In Response to So far so good, No Wastefield and/or Varitek:
    [QUOTE]The no market bottom feeding contract begging parasites will be waiting around for a call from Cherry. Offer a minor league contract and no major league contract even if they end up on roster. 

were you referring two of the Sox players that helped the team win 2 WS titles as parasites? Really?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: So far so good, No Wastefield and/or Varitek": [QUOTE]   The Sox have already signed the geriactic duo, but are waiting till Xmas to release news. It will be their present to all good little Red Sox sycophants. Posted by attic-dan[/QUOTE] Yes. Two brown paper sacks under the tree. Don't want them back, but I think ripping them incessantly is also unfair. They contributed, time to move on to someone else.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

I'm afraid to drink beer with my pizza tonight...even though I don't have a beer gut.  I don't want Hank to yell at me....LOL

Who knows?  He may be my next door neighbor.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

If Cherington has any sense, he will sign Tim to a two year deal at $3M.

No reason to pay 3M when no one else will pay more than a minor league minimum for T-Ball. No team wants him, and who would. AAA and minor league contract offer will be top offer for T-Ball.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

The no market bottom feeding contract begging parasites will be waiting around for a call from Cherry. Offer a minor league contract and no major league contract even if they end up on roster.

I'm frankly amazed to see you willing to offer them minor league contracts with an opportunity to make the major league roster. The holiday season is softening you, Softy! Dare I ask if there is any realistic scenario under which Wakefield would make your Opening Day 25-man roster? Hyperbole aside, if Wakefield were currently in the organization, where would you rank him on the depth chart?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

Behind AAA and AA profiles.

I won the PR campaign election kicking Captain Custer, I mean Varitek, to the curb.

One down and one 45 year old paunched T-Ball pitcher to go. Red Sox need to form a senior league team MLB circuit, so Wastefield can break the wins record as a senior.........................................

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

Re: So far so good, No Wastefield and/or Varitek....One down and one to go!

In Response to Re: So far so good, No Wastefield and/or Varitek....One down and one to go!:
    [QUOTE]No ceiling for a knuckleball pitcher, got to try to look at the kids. Doubront was hurt last year, hope they give him a good look. Team has to evolve, and move forward.
    Posted by bobbysu[/QUOTE]

Speken like a true progressive. You can't "look at the kids", while trying to win a championship at the same time., especially when it comes to the pitching. I have no problem slotting in Iglesias at SS, and giving him a shot because one position player doesn't impact the team as much as a SP does.
    Face it, we have Beckett and Lester, after that it's anyone's guess as to who will be effective. Buchholz is done for my money. He will continue to have back problems.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

Bucholz will continue to have back problems.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In Response to So far so good, No Wastefield and/or Varitek....One down and one to go!:
    [QUOTE]The no market bottom feeding contract begging parasites will be waiting around for a call from Cherry. Offer a minor league contract and no major league contract even if they end up on roster. 
    Posted by hankwilliams[/QUOTE]HANK/SOFTY......  AS DAD WOULD SAY......  "SON, YA GOT TO KNOW WHEN IT'S TIME TO GO HOME" !!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

Yes, and 45 years old and a big beer belly is time to go home. So is unable to finish a season in the last 2 years, and 40 years old.

Moonslob was lobbying to retain these parasites for 3 or 4M!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They cost nearly 6 million in 2011 !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Surely, we could have found a decent 2nd tier starter and Shoppach black hole catcher for 2011, for 6 milllion!!!!!! would have been a playoff spot!!!